• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

R.I.P. Cliff Robertson

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Another fine actor has left us...

NEW YORK (AP) — Cliff Robertson, the handsome movie actor who played John F. Kennedy in "PT-109," won an Oscar for "Charly" and was famously victimized in a 1977 Hollywood forgery scandal, died Saturday. He was 88.

His secretary of 53 years, Evelyn Christel, said he died in Stony Brook of natural causes a day after his 88th birthday.

Robertson never elevated into the top ranks of leading men, but he remained a popular actor from the mid-1950s into the following century. His later roles included kindly Uncle Ben in the "Spider-Man" movies.

He also gained attention for his second marriage to actress and heiress Dina Merrill, daughter of financier E.F. Hutton and Marjorie Merriweather Post, heiress to the Post cereal fortune and one of the world's richest women.

In 1968, he won an Academy Award for his performance in "Charly," as a mentally disabled man who undergoes medical treatment that makes him a genius — until a poignant regression to his former state.

Robertson had created a string of impressive performances in television and on Broadway, but [was overshadowed] by bigger names. His TV performances in "Days of Wine and Roses" and "The Hustler," for example, were filmed with Jack Lemmon and Paul Newman, respectively.

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the mid 1980's I had the pleasure of running camera during a weeklong taping of a series he hosted for our local TV station in Washington, D.C. He was friendly and gracious with "the hired help" and all of us who worked on the project appreciated his kindness and professionalism. That taping is, obviously, one of my favorite memories of my early days in television.

Cheers!

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw him in person when "Charlie" was being filmed in South Boston up on G Street Hill. Lots of floodlights and interesting movie things.

He was also in one of my most favorite movies, "Three Days of the Condor".

He'll be missed.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
He was also in one of my most favorite movies, "Three Days of the Condor."

Thanks for reminding me of that! He was great as "Higgins."
But again, he was overshadowed by Robert Redford & Faye Dunaway.

Quote:
Higgins: Hey, Turner! How do you know they'll print it?
You can take a walk. But how far, if they don't print it?

Joe Turner (Redford): They'll print it.
Higgins: How do you know?