• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Our son's wedding

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Our son Steve married his Denise on Saturday. We're so fortunate, she's a lovely lovely girl and they're perfect together. The wedding was a BLAST! Hope you don't think it too indulgent to share some pics here.

The groomsmen all set to leave my house. Saturday was about the 5th day in a row of high temp/humidity and it had to have been about 100 degrees at this point in the afternoon, but they agreed to pose for one shot in front of the house.
DSC00485_zpsa074a583.jpg

(front row) Steve2, the bride's brother; Danno, my sister Barbie's oldest; the groom; Steve3, the Best Man and Steve1's best friend for the last 16 years
(back row) Tony, Don's sister Deb's oldest; Bob, my sister Eileen's oldest; Chris, my sister Mary's youngest

The ceremony
1073973_10201035071350698_152794558_o_zps9aad1b64.jpg

My oldest nephew/godson, Kevin and his son, Riley. Kevin served as our ringbearer 32 years ago and now Riley served as Steve's ringbearer. Nice symmetry. :)
969370_1398347570380049_2131386570_n_zps36eafc37.jpg

Don and I on the balcony at the reception
DSC00495_zps3d4557a2.jpg

Our daughter, Eileen and her fiance, Evan
DSC00497_zps0940b8b2.jpg

Has anybody been to a function with a Fun Photobooth thing? It sounded weird when we first heard about it but Denise and Steve had been to a friend's wedding and thought it was great so they had one. You could pick from all kinds of accessories and a copy of every photo strip taken was put in a scrapbook for the happy couple to take home. It was AMAZING how much fun all the guests - from youngest to oldest - had with this thing!
DSC00509_zpsb4be431a.jpg

(l-r) my sisters Eileen, Mary, Joanne, my brother Joe who patiently puts up with us, my sister Dottie, me, and my youngest sister, Barb

A group shot of Steve's cousins with two from their next generation. This doesn't include all of them because a couple of my other sisters sadly couldn't attend. The only one not related to me and Don is Denise's brother (in the white hat.)
1077282_10200458751531347_729616019_o_zps436f92ff.jpg

(cont in next post - I had no idea there's a limit to images per post!)

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A highlight of the evening - somehow Denise's mom, Jayne, managed to get The Voice of The Boston Bruins, Rene Rancourt, to come and visit for a while. Denise is a HUGE Bruins fan, the biggest one I know, and this meant the world to her because of that connection with her dad (who passed two years ago.) Rene came with his USA vest and Bruins Stanley Cup ring, sang the National Anthem and then gave everyone a chance to try on the ring. Fantastic! Another thing that the youngest to the oldest enjoyed very much!

A few tears with big smiles
942708_10200457784867181_1498114382_n_zpsa8b2cbd2.jpg

DSC00527_zps0f1ba292.jpg

The anthem
DSC00526_zps9da58847.jpg

Riley
DSC00533_zps94cdfe51.jpg

Eileen (she's so ladylike sometimes.) That's Don on the right with his mom, Irene.
1002857_10200547704035187_1037579273_n_zps59fad10b.jpg

the flower girl, Denise's cousin Jackie
DSC00531_zps06e38eae.jpg

It was the best kind of day, full of family and friends. The happy couple landed in St. Lucia this afternoon for a well-deserved rest after all their planning. :)

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beautiful pictures of your family. It certainly looks like a wonderful wedding and a good time was had by all. Thanks for sharing. :)

PS, I find a thread like this far more interesting than that of a baby boy born across the pond today! ;):D:eek::rolleyes:

MRSFUSSY

Reaction score
Looks like everyone had fun.

Our #2 son gets married in 2 weeks.

Fun, fun, fun!

Congrats.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think that Kate and William will make great parents.

Life is exciting for them too!

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How many sisters do you have????
Enjoyed the pix. Thanks.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Handsome bunch! Congrats!

H

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Nice pictures, and looked like a fun wedding! (Lots of Steves in that group! :) Congratulations to your son and his bride!

Great weddings are the best: We went to a going-away brunch yesterday for good friends who are leaving the state. They invited only their closest friends to the brunch, about twenty people. When we all got there, they announced that after we were done eating, we were all invited to adjourn to another friend's house for an impromptu wedding! After ten years together they decided to get married. It was great! No time to get nervous, and a great group of people to have share the special moment.

Dave

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Sue - you look beautiful!

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wonderful pictures. What a big family! The photobooth and "voice of the Bruins" were unique additions. Looks like lots of fun!

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on a beautiful family & wedding!
Great pictures, thanks for sharing. I love the shots on the balcony. It's a stunning location. On a golf course?
How soon is Eileen's wedding? Hope you have some time to catch your breath before her big day.

Agree with the previous posters....Sue you do look great and young!

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh my goodness, now I'm blushing but thank you! I'll have to tell my hairdresser that whatever she's doing it's working. I'm 53 - old enough to be married 32 years with a 28yo son and 26yo daughter. But hopefully still plenty young enough to enjoy getting all dolled up for a good time every once in a blue moon! Don's just a year and a half older than me but he'll love the comment about robbing the cradle. :rofl:

I have 7 sisters and 2 brothers. After losing another brother when he was only 23 and our parents when they were in their early 50's, we've all had to make the effort to keep close for our kids' sakes (which anybody from a big family knows isn't easy.) My sisters are my best friends - while sitting around late in the evening Saturday, we all agreed that the best thing to come out of our effort is seeing our kids together as friends as well as relatives.

Eileen's and Evan's wedding is later this year in November at a different church but the reception will be at the the same local golf club. There'll be pics from that one, too. ;)

I had a feeling TUGgers would appreciate the importance of family fun. There's another thread here today about the great TUG community and your responses to my indulgence only reinforce that spirit. Thanks so much. :)

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looks like everyone had fun.

Our #2 son gets married in 2 weeks.

Fun, fun, fun!

Congrats.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think that Kate and William will make great parents.

Life is exciting for them too!

Congratulations to you, too! I hope you'll share the day with us.

Steve

Reaction score
Hi Sue,

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing all of the pictures. That does indeed look like a fun wedding. It looks like you have a very nice family.

Steve

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Congratulations on the big day! It's especially nice to see the extended family pictures - I'm sure your parents would be proud.

VivianLynne

Reaction score
WOW - a clan of 9 siblings! You all truly seem to be enjoying the day - the golf club setting appeared ideal in the photos.

Thanks for sharing!

laura1957

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh my goodness, now I'm blushing but thank you! I'll have to tell my hairdresser that whatever she's doing it's working. I'm 53 - old enough to be married 32 years with a 28yo son and 26yo daughter. But hopefully still plenty young enough to enjoy getting all dolled up for a good time every once in a blue moon! Don's just a year and a half older than me but he'll love the comment about robbing the cradle. :rofl:

I have 7 sisters and 2 brothers. After losing another brother when he was only 23 and our parents when they were in their early 50's, we've all had to make the effort to keep close for our kids' sakes (which anybody from a big family knows isn't easy.) My sisters are my best friends - while sitting around late in the evening Saturday, we all agreed that the best thing to come out of our effort is seeing our kids together as friends as well as relatives.

Eileen's and Evan's wedding is later this year in November at a different church but the reception will be at the the same local golf club. There'll be pics from that one, too. ;)

I had a feeling TUGgers would appreciate the importance of family fun. There's another thread here today about the great TUG community and your responses to my indulgence only reinforce that spirit. Thanks so much. :)

Loved the pics! I never heard of the photobooth thing - but that looks like it was a LOT of fun. Being from a large family myself, I think it is wonderful when cousins are that close. My sisters, brothers and cousins have always been my closest friends. Closer than most families I know. Even though we are now scattered all over the states and don't see each other nearly enough, we still remain close. Thank God for facebook:)

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh I could have looked at 100 pictures! It looks like it was an awesome wedding - and you're beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing. Please put up Eileen's too!
Love,
Ellen

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beautiful. Made me sad I have no more unmarried kids! Sort of.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I married into a large, Irish-Catholic family on my mother-in-law's side, and my husband's maternal cousins have made a determined effort to stay close after his Grandmother's death a few years ago. We will be seeing them three times this summer--a wedding that was in DC last month at the end of June, a wedding in Philly this weekend, and in Ocean City, NJ over Labor Day, where one of Steve's cousins (who now lives in London) has rented the same house that his Grandmother did for over a decade and invited all the cousins to stay as they are able. This same cousin recently traveled with another cousin all over Europe (after Cousin Wedding #1 last month,) including running with the bulls in Spain.

My own cousins made some noise shortly after my Grandmother died in 2004 about trying to be deliberate in getting together, but nothing has happened, and there seems to be little enthusiasm for it. Very sad really.

These pics really remind me of those Murphy weddings. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Thanks for sharing, Sue. I felt like I was there. :)

A very handsome family that obviously enjoys a good party.

Congrats.

Brian

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good afternoon...

Good ol' puck is loving it....

especially the voice of bruins...

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Congrats to all!
Doesn't sound like you'll have much time to catch your breath before sending out the invites for the next one, but it's the kind of busy we live for :). It's wonderful that your family is close enough to get together, and hopefully everyone will be able to attend your daughter's wedding.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
...and young! I somehow pictured you to be older, and petite...
Don is such a cradle robber :)

Congrats on your son's wedding!

My thoughts exactly! Missed the heading on your picture and thought it was the pic of your daughter.

Great to put a face with a name. Glad everyone had a great time and best wishes to the couple.

Wow, 2 weddings in one year! More clothes and shoe shopping for you.:whoopie: