• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

BCSRentals - Ebay seller

SuperBeav39

TUG Member
Reaction score
AMEX to the rescue

I got a reply that, summarized, said "Marriott is lying to you but if that's what you want, fine." She said they would pass my documents to accounting to refund my AMEX.

I don't have a lot of faith in that process being fast, so I called AMEX (who my payment date is rapidly approaching) and worked with their fraud department to suspend the transaction. Additionally AMEX said they would assist in getting the refund. So that's fantastic, thanks AMEX!

I hope that it's smooth sailing from here on out. When I have time later I'll list all of the red flags that I ignored in this transaction based on my hopes that I could score this great deal. I'm embarrassed that I went so far down this road with this company. but hopefully my experience can help other people from falling into the same trap.

Reaction score
Hello SuperBeav39 and others on this thread,
SuperBeav39, did you get your refund? Did anyone else actually complete a timeshare purchase with BCS Rental?

Thanks

gottspd

Reaction score
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has been successful closing a transaction with BCS...

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed they had a Barony Beach platinum summer week auction that just ended. I didn't bid because I couldn't get comfortable with the seller. It sold for about $5K plus about $550 in closing costs which I assume is a good price if it's legit.

Rman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried bidding on some items for hawaii resale for westin, they sent me a second offer, when I asked question on the unit and the view,etc.. they couldn`t offer any response, claimed auction should be anonymous so couldn`t give me any correct details about the auction. They didn`t sell me anything and stopped me from bidding on any of their inventory. Do not think is legit, but curious if any successfull buyers doesn`t seem to be any verified etc.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
In the absence of any successfully completed "BCS Rentals" transactions in this thread (or in others, for that matter), one might reasonably assume that (again / still?) BCS Rentals doesn't actually even have the product initially "offered" in the first place. That would be consistent with the former redweeksforless / IA Vacations pattern, in which the advertising is (inadvertently or deliberately) inaccurate and ultimately, only something other than the advertised product is "available" for purchase.
A bad faith / bad business practice and pattern --- and a "reseller" to be scrupulously avoided, at least IMnsHO. YMMV.

Last edited:

karenmb

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to add to this thread as I was a recent VICTIM of BCSRENTALS on EBAY. In November I was the successful for "Marriott Barony Beach Annual 2br Platinum Hilton Head South Carolina Timeshare." I had to pay within three day the full amount. After 40 days of not hearing anything I posting a neutral review on ebay stating the following. "It has been 40 days, no update yet on RORF from seller.I'm concerned" Seller posted "Deed sent to recording, buyer updated" I received an email on 1/22/2016 that they were unable to sell this timeshare unit to me because their seller backed out. This email came only after i insisted on hard factual information and threaten to notify ebay and i was retracting my fund from American Express. Today i file a request for fund to be returned from American Express. They also blocked me from any further purchases and when I called them on it they denied it. I am not sure who these people are or person is, and why they are doing this. They had my money ( over $6000) for over 60 days. I really don't think they have any timeshares to sell. ....my new follow-up today 1/24/2016 on ebay
"seller cancelled sale, unable to sell/close. contact me, kmbcollect for details." I hope this helps all who might be bidding on their auctions. Still looking for the above timeshare if you are selling or or at Grand Ocean. Thanks
Just checked on ebay.... they have no timeshares up for sale.......

Last edited:

gottspd

Reaction score
They blocked me as well (after I'd didn't go through with that the sale).

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
An imminent "BCS Rentals reinvention" -- by name change?

<snip> Just checked on ebay.... they have no timeshares up for sale.......

Maybe (still another) "name change" is now in the works in order to attempt (still another) "fresh start"? :rolleyes:

A "disappear, then reemerge later with a brand new eBay name" strategy is ultimately difficult; the Internet makes it relatively easy to still connect the dots.

Last edited:

joeyb1180

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo Las Vegas
HGVC on the Boulevard Las Vegas
I've tracked BCS for months when I started this thread.
BCS has had many multiple auctions shit down after complaints and they haven't changed names yet, they eventually come back. They also pad their feedback by cheap auctions as a buyer so looking at it quickly you think the feedback is full of positive bc not everybody will look to see that the feedback is based on being a buyer, no a seller; because who is going to think that a "company" user ID is going to use their account for their own purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karenmb

TUG Member
Reaction score
My questions..... Why Ebay has allows them to continue this kind operation, as ebay has been may aware in the pass? What is bcsrentals MO ( Mode of operation)? What do they do with the funds ?... are they Check Kiting funds for personal us? Check kiting is a form of check fraud, involving taking advantage of the float to make use of non-existent funds in a checking or other bank account. In this way, instead of being used as a negotiable instrument, checks are misused as a form of unauthorized credit.

joeyb1180

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo Las Vegas
They blocked me as well (after I'd didn't go through with that the sale).

Who blocked you? eBay or BCS Rentals?

joeyb1180

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo Las Vegas
My questions..... Why Ebay has allows them to continue this kind operation, as ebay has been may aware in the pass? What is bcsrentals MO ( Mode of operation)? What do they do with the funds ?... are they Check Kiting funds for personal us? Check kiting is a form of check fraud, involving taking advantage of the float to make use of non-existent funds in a checking or other bank account. In this way, instead of being used as a negotiable instrument, checks are misused as a form of unauthorized credit.

It's a great question and I've thought the same. Which is also why I opened up an ic3.gov ticket but who knows if that will go anywhere. eBay has records of all these complaints but continue to allow it. It's baffling.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to add to this thread as I was a recent VICTIM of BCSRENTALS on EBAY. In November I was the successful for "Marriott Barony Beach Annual 2br Platinum Hilton Head South Carolina Timeshare." I had to pay within three day the full amount. After 40 days of not hearing anything I posting a neutral review on ebay stating the following. "It has been 40 days, no update yet on RORF from seller.I'm concerned" Seller posted "Deed sent to recording, buyer updated" I received an email on 1/22/2016 that they were unable to sell this timeshare unit to me because their seller backed out. This email came only after i insisted on hard factual information and threaten to notify ebay and i was retracting my fund from American Express. Today i file a request for fund to be returned from American Express. They also blocked me from any further purchases and when I called them on it they denied it. I am not sure who these people are or person is, and why they are doing this. They had my money ( over $6000) for over 60 days. I really don't think they have any timeshares to sell. ....my new follow-up today 1/24/2016 on ebay
"seller cancelled sale, unable to sell/close. contact me, kmbcollect for details." I hope this helps all who might be bidding on their auctions. Still looking for the above timeshare if you are selling or or at Grand Ocean. Thanks
Just checked on ebay.... they have no timeshares up for sale.......

I hope you're able to get your money back from AMEX. The auction that I passed on bidding on was a Barony Beach and sounds like it was probably not real either.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
Personally it seems like a ponsi scheme to me. When Marriott "exercised" the ROFR (which I have no proof of) it took many months to get money back from VP Title after numerous emails and calls. Its amazing how you can never talk to the person handling your file, but when they are looking for payment, they are on you. I keep seeing them relist the same deed over and over again, probably selling it to multiple people, taking their money in escrow to use that money to pay someone else back their money, thus the constant delay. The Ko Olina OV unit is a prime example as well as a Grand Vista unit.

In any case I would stay away from anyone associated with VP Title. Its just a gong show....

karenmb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because I paid with American express money has been refunded after I processed a claim. Resolved in 2 weeks. All money refunded on 2/5/2016

joeyb1180

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo Las Vegas
Hi everybody, this thread went quiet which is a good thing, it means less victims. As probably the biggest advocate against the eBay seller BCS Rentals, I can happily report they have not had any listings in over 2 months. So I would say be careful and be on the lookout of any new sellers in timeshare space in case they go under a different alias. Thanks everybody!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, this thread went quiet which is a good thing, it means less victims. As probably the biggest advocate against the eBay seller BCS Rentals, I can happily report they have not had any listings in over 2 months. So I would say be careful and be on the lookout of any new sellers in timeshare space in case they go under a different alias. Thanks everybody!

The newest alias is J_Worl4

There has got to be a reason they keep changing names......

joeyb1180

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo Las Vegas

Thanks for the info TheTimeTraveler! I just continue to try to do my part so nobody has the past experience I had!!

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just as a note, they keep auction off Ko Olina units repeatedly - Same ad, same description. I think they are taking the money and taking months to "process" which finally get ROFR supposedly and take their time refunding the money. Just beware. I had backed out of the Ko Olina auction after I won and saw that they were associated with VP title which jacked me around.

newportbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
I NEVER COULD CLOSE MY PURCHASE. FINALLY THEY CLAIMED THE SELLER REVOKED THEIR POWER OF ATTORNEY AND THE TS WON'T PROCEED.

I AM NOT PLEASED WITH THEM. ANY CHANCE YOU HAVE A PHONE NUMBER FOR THEM. I COULD NOT LOCATE ONE.:crash:

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I NEVER COULD CLOSE MY PURCHASE. FINALLY THEY CLAIMED THE SELLER REVOKED THEIR POWER OF ATTORNEY AND THE TS WON'T PROCEED.

I AM NOT PLEASED WITH THEM. ANY CHANCE YOU HAVE A PHONE NUMBER FOR THEM. I COULD NOT LOCATE ONE.:crash:

I could try to find it but I could never get the person on the phone anyways and they don't return calls, so it would be a total waste of time. I got the run around for over 2 months.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

I don't have a phone number for them but you could try several email addresses:

bcsrent_gui6856najm@members.ebay.com

resorts@bcsrentalcompany.com

These email addresses are a few months old so I have no idea if they are still valid (though I suspect they are).

Maybe they'll be kind enough to email you their phone number (but I doubt it).

Best of luck and please keep us posted.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score

Not challenging your proclamation / conclusion, but I am nonetheless curious about the factual basis on which you "connect the dots" back to BCS Rentals. :shrug: