• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is your DVC home resort?

What is your DVC home resort?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vacation Dude

Now own at Bay Lake Towers....I think one may need to revise the chart, instead of waiting for the Contemporary, it is officially here!:)

Yes, and change the names.

It looks like Steamboat Bill is asleep at the wheel.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Saratoga Springs owners here, since 2004. But we have never stayed there yet! Always been able to switch to another resort.

fadein34

Reaction score
Can someone smarten me up on why you own at so many different places?

I'm guessing because you are purchasing more points and there's no reason to keep getting points under the same property name. What else could it be? It doesn't matter where you buy the points from correct? You can use them anywhere???

We're at Saratoga Springs.

Reaction score
Hi Wonderful World of Disney! Just getting into TUG...found this thread and had to vote!

Most of our ownership is at Saratoga. We do also have a bit of the sandwich.

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grand Californian-VGC
Animal Kingdom-AKV
Can someone smarten me up on why you own at so many different places?

I'm guessing because you are purchasing more points and there's no reason to keep getting points under the same property name. What else could it be? It doesn't matter where you buy the points from correct? You can use them anywhere???

We're at Saratoga Springs.

It is for the 11 month booking window. If you want AKV Concierge Level, you will need the 11 month booking window. BCV and BWV during the Food and Wine, VWL Christmas time, peak times, etc best to use your 11 month window opportunity. Buy where you want to stay."

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grand Californian-VGC
Animal Kingdom-AKV
Hi Wonderful World of Disney! Just getting into TUG...found this thread and had to vote!

Hi Minniekissedme! Welcome to MO, I mean TUG! :D :hi:

logan115

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ugh - they let anyone in here.................

Just kidding,

Chris

Merilyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at OKW and VB. We have 750 points total. We wanted the 11 month window at VB to get a cottage. We are almost founding members of OKW as we bought in 1993. Love our yearly trips ot WDW and can't beat OKW for all you want in a resort!

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
I already voted in 2008, but since then I did add on the Villas at Grand Californian (will be there in 10 days) and Bay Lake Tower. Undecided about Aulani, but am probably getting a little too old to add on anymore.

simon.fisher.2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've got the timeshare bug!

Upon traveling with my parents to VGC - my fiance and I decided that we HAD to purchase DVC.

We were deciding between AKV and SSR, but when I timed it this summer, the price per point was very similar so we went with AKV.

We now have 160 points that we will bank from 13 to 14 for our honeymoon.

Currently we are reserved for August in Jambo House, but we are going to switch to Aulani hopefully at 7 months.

Anywho - thanks to everyone who has posted on this site. Has been 100% helpful. Save us lots of cash from going directly from Disney like my parents did. (not that that is a bad thing, but personally I am happy with my resale :whoopie:)

We are deciding on what we would like to purchase next. I am thinking 10,000 WorldMark points... but I wish there were more international destinations in Europe.. so we will see..

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Upon traveling with my parents to VGC - my fiance and I decided that we HAD to purchase DVC.

We were deciding between AKV and SSR, but when I timed it this summer, the price per point was very similar so we went with AKV.

We now have 160 points that we will bank from 13 to 14 for our honeymoon.

Currently we are reserved for August in Jambo House, but we are going to switch to Aulani hopefully at 7 months.

Anywho - thanks to everyone who has posted on this site. Has been 100% helpful. Save us lots of cash from going directly from Disney like my parents did. (not that that is a bad thing, but personally I am happy with my resale :whoopie:)

We are deciding on what we would like to purchase next. I am thinking 10,000 WorldMark points... but I wish there were more international destinations in Europe.. so we will see..

Congrats on your DVC membership!

And congrats on your upcoming Disney Honeymoon!

dundey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - BLT & WLV, Cliff Club, Bolton Valley, Morritt's, Sudwala
Bought our first in September at Board Walk Villas. Also currently waiting on ROFR for a purchase at Bay Lake Towers (fingers crossed!!).

We are long time T/S owners and also long time Disney fans and finally put the 2 together!! Not sure why we waited this long.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Beach Club for several years and just added Saratoga Springs this year

stanleyu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Formerly owned BWV but sold when finances got tight. Now own SSR and looking forward to my first stay with the new digs!

freediverdude

TUG Member
Reaction score
This needs to be updated badly- now there are those of us who own at the Polynesian or Grand Floridian!

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
CALLING ALL DVC OWNERS! :)

I wasn't sure, if I updated these poll options, if the folks who had already responded to the poll would be able to update their ownerships. So instead you have a brand new poll up there in the stickies - have at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.