• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC & RCI trade in/out for any 2 bedroom...

tlstir

TUG Member
Reaction score
:hi: i have had an ongoing search since september or early october for ANY 2 BR DVC property for FEB through the end of APRIL, and not only am i not getting any matches still, i also never see any 2 br or studios up for grabs anymore. Months ago i saw 2 BR available all of the time. Anyone know whats up? Have you seen 2br's available lately for any month? or reference, i am a double platinum Bluegreen member who has traded into DVC/RCI before. Thank you in advance :)

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think September is a little late for Feb-April. Usually the large deposits hit around 8-10 months before check in. I think you will probably still get something but it may be last minute.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Spend the $15 yearly membership fee to change your status here on TUG from guest to Member ....

Then the light of day regarding all forms of exchanging will be available to answer so many of your questions ..... ;)

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Usually the large deposits hit around 8-10 months before check in.
DVC seems to have shortened their deposit window significantly these days; I just confirmed a 1BR unit for early April this past week. Because you are very flexible about dates and resort choice, I think something will come through for you.

Rob562

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC seems to have shortened their deposit window significantly these days; I just confirmed a 1BR unit for early April this past week. Because you are very flexible about dates and resort choice, I think something will come through for you.

While the DVC deposit window is shortened to about a 5-6 month window, the need to start an OGS really early is important. If there's too many people in line ahead of you for all dates on your search, you'll never make it to the front of the line for a match.

That's a prime time for school vacation trips, so you may need a higher Trading Power than you have available.

We matched for the first week of November at SSR. The match came through in early-May, but we started our OGS in January. Even then, we'd given a 3-week range of dates and would accept any DVC resort, but still ended up with a match for the final week of our acceptable window.

So matches for April probably started coming through in October. You may be out of luck.

-Rob

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: SSR, PVB
HGVC: Kings' Land, Ocean Tower
OP is spot on--zero 2bdrm or Studio sightings/reported OGS matches for DVC Feb-May. Also deposits are running 3-5 months lately. No idea for either, just observing. Best bet is to try and get 2 1 bdrms or get one through RCI and rent the other from a DVC member. Can request (non-connecting) adjacent rooms from DVC MS (not guaranteed).

Last edited:

Rob562

TUG Member
Reaction score
OP is trading in via a mini-system (Bluegreen in this case) so is using a fixed grid.

Whoops, missed that. Don't have any experience with that system, just regular RCI Weeks.

-Rob