• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

hilton honors credit card

dja1980

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village
I just got an e-mail from AMEX offering 40,000 HHonors Bonus Points for signing up and spending $750 within 3 months... I think I might bite on this!

loafingcactus

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got a MC now that I understand the multiplier on the Hilton points for Hilton expenditures. Going to use my airmiles card for everything except Hilton and the Hilton card for Hilton expenditures. (No annual fee, so even if it doesn't get me all that much, it's still something in the + column.)

dja1980

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village
I just got a MC now that I understand the multiplier on the Hilton points for Hilton expenditures. Going to use my airmiles card for everything except Hilton and the Hilton card for Hilton expenditures. (No annual fee, so even if it doesn't get me all that much, it's still something in the + column.)
With the regular AMEX card, the multiplier is the same (6x) for Hilton expenditures and "everyday" expenditures. For this reason, I'm thinking about making this my primary card.

loafingcactus

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
With the regular AMEX card, the multiplier is the same (6x) for Hilton expenditures and "everyday" expenditures. For this reason, I'm thinking about making this my primary card.

Ah, I see. Cause I'm too lazy to look it up and you are probably looking right at it: is there an annual fee? What is it?

dja1980

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village
Nope... no annual fee for the regular HHonors card. There's a $75 annual fee for the Surpass HHonors card which give you a 9x multiplier for Hilton expenditures. However, we don't stay at many hotels, so it wouldn't be worth it for us to spend additional for the Surpass card.

dja1980

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village
My pleasure!

PS... The normal sign-up bonus is 20,000 points. I assume I got the 40,000 point e-mail offer because I'm new to HGVC and HHonors?

Emi

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is an "amex regular card" for all purchases. HHilton card is 6x for Hilton purchase and ELIGIBLE supermarket, gas stations,drugstore, etc. Lots of fine print.

dja1980

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village
Yep... I read all the fine print...

6 Bonus Points includes (aside from warehouse clubs and superstores): supermarkets, drug stores and stand-alone gas stations; and for service payments for home and wireless phone, cable, satellite TV and Internet service providers. You will receive 3 Bonus Points for each dollar of all other eligible purchases.

dja1980

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village
I just got an e-mail from AMEX offering 40,000 HHonors Bonus Points for signing up and spending $750 within 3 months... I think I might bite on this!
And... I just found out my mom got an AMEX offer for 62,500 HHonors for signing up, spending $500 within 3 months, staying 4 times within 18 months, and adding an additional card user. I wish I would've gotten this offer, but I already signed up and was approved.

She already had a decent HHonors status before we bought into HGVC due to her business travels before retiring. They must have different criteria for different offers... I assume they are targeting new HGVC members since we both got our e-mail offers this week, and we bought into HGVC at the same time.

Jasmine658

TUG Member
Reaction score
HH Surpass Card - we wish got earlier

Had HH Surpass Card about 4 months. We have been able to book 4 nights last 2 months on points accumulated, value equal to over $1000 in stays.

All this for just using the card for things I would normally pay cash for - restaurants, some grocery stores, utility & storage bills, travel, etc.

If I had only known earlier about the card long ago, it would have helped us out a lot for years. Well, at least we know now.

We also got 40,000 points for just signing up.

Last edited:

thetenken

Reaction score
Anyone know if HGVC maintenance fees are tracked as 9x points on the Surpass card, or just considered a regular purchase?

DaveC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that I got 6x points with my regular hilton amex....I'll have to double-check.

DaveC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that I got 6x points with my regular hilton amex....I'll have to double-check.

mtu75075

Reaction score
Had HH Surpass Card about 4 months. We have been able to book 4 nights last 2 months on points accumulated, value equal to over $1000 in stays.

All this for just using the card for things I would normally pay cash for - restaurants, some grocery stores, utility & storage bills, travel, etc.

If I had only known earlier about the card long ago, it would have helped us out a lot for years. Well, at least we know now.

We also got 40,000 points for just signing up.

Here is the best part...if you spend $20,000.00 in one year, you become automatic gold VIP. If you spend $40,000.00 in one year, you become automatic Diamond VIP. More benefits!!!

dja1980

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village
Citi HHonors Visa
• 3 Points per $1 spent at Supermarkets & Gas Stations
• 6 Points per $1 spent at Hilton Hotels
• 2 Points per $1 spent on Other purchases
• 40,000 Sign-Up Points if $1,000 spent in first 4 months
• Silver HHonors Status Upgrade
• No Annual Fee

HHonors Amex