• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC 2012 Members Guide

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
It looks like HGVC is opening the new Myrtle Beach Facility as scheduled. I was pleasantly surprised to see the new offerings from Club Intrawest in Ontario and Vancouver. I wonder if the PH Towers will be included before the final printing.

conarth

TUG Member
Reaction score
They re-activated it again. They are making progress. Indexes work now. Looks complete or almost the final.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
They also added Club Interwest Blue Mountain. Which is good for me, as I have family in Ontario.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
If you click the link on iPhone it will open an topright will be button to open in iBooks. Click that and its saved on the phone, nice for reference.

mhoutsma

Reaction score
More Points for Canada

I'm very happy about availability in Vancouver, but it takes significantly more points to reserve for most weeks in Canada compared to last year, which is obviously not good.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm very happy about availability in Vancouver, but it takes significantly more points to reserve for most weeks in Canada compared to last year, which is obviously not good.

How many points were required? Should it not be the standard 1 BR 3400 and 2 BR 4800 for the highest season.

conarth

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many points were required? Should it not be the standard 1 BR 3400 and 2 BR 4800 for the highest season.

They changed it a lot for the Club Intrawest locations. They broke the weeks out into more seasons and added a new Holiday season above the platinum season.

For example Club Intrawest - Tremblant

2011 - Year Round
1 BR - 3400
2 BR - 4800

2012 - Holiday
1 BR - 6720
2 BR - 8737

2012 - Plat
1 BR - 5120
2 BR - 6657

2012 - Gold
1 BR - 4063
2 BR - 5310

2012 - Silver
1 BR - 3070
2 BR - 4000

2012 - Bronze
1 BR - 1697
2 BR - 2177

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ouch I was not expecting it increase at all, let alone to full hgvc levels or above.

They changed it a lot for the Club Intrawest locations. They broke the weeks out into more seasons and added a new Holiday season above the platinum season.

DaveC

TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems all Club Intrawest properties have been increased dramatically. Mexico, Palm Desert, and Canada. They even added a new level above platinum. Now, a holiday week will cost more than 2x as much points. This increase seems extreme to me. I could see raising platinum weeks so that 1 bedrrom is 4800 pts but they went way beyond that. I think I saw 7390points for a 1 bedroom holiday week now. Can anyone shed some light on what is going on? Is Hilton going to end up dropping Intrawest? I don't see HGVC members getting much benefit from the new trade values. I know I won't be going to those properties.

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
From a Club Intrawest member

FWIW, Club Intrawest has had up to 5 different "seasons" for many of their properties for at least the 10 years I've owned CI points, so perhaps HGVC is just following suit to discriminate more among the various times of year. The terminology for us is different (the seasons are "Relax," "Opportunity," "Activity," "Peak" and "Holiday" in increasing cost for points), but it sounds as though they translate to your Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Holiday.

rtf2017

TUG Member
Reaction score
Link seems not be active anymore. Does anyone have the 2012 current guide / link? thank you so much!

DaveC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't find it online. The link never worked for me. I got mine in the mail. HGVC only links to the current guide at their website.

conarth

TUG Member
Reaction score
They take the book offline from time to time while they are working on it. It's active right now. Not sure when they will be done.

rtf2017

TUG Member
Reaction score
Conrath, you're right! Link up now, this is my first time for HGVC so I wonder if there are any changes of significance?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
got the paper version in the mail yesterday.

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
The new resorts look great. I did notice the increase in points for the Club Intrawest locations. I am looking forward to trying the Mrytle Beach location.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
The new resorts look great. I did notice the increase in points for the Club Intrawest locations. I am looking forward to trying the Mrytle Beach location.

Looking forward is a good way to put it. Anderson is unavailable for non-owners until 2013. Bummer.

icul8rg8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems all Club Intrawest properties have been increased dramatically. Mexico, Palm Desert, and Canada. They even added a new level above platinum. Now, a holiday week will cost more than 2x as much points. This increase seems extreme to me. I could see raising platinum weeks so that 1 bedrrom is 4800 pts but they went way beyond that. I think I saw 7390points for a 1 bedroom holiday week now. Can anyone shed some light on what is going on? Is Hilton going to end up dropping Intrawest? I don't see HGVC members getting much benefit from the new trade values. I know I won't be going to those properties.

The Club Interwest "seasons" reflect exactly the seasons that CI members are subject to. We go to Whistler almost every year and sat through one of their presentations. They have 5 seasons, so no doubt their members were complaining that HGVC were paying less points for most weeks at their resorts! Also, in order for CI members to have access to HGVC resorts, they must purchase retail, through the developer. So I'm thankful HGVC allows ALL members access to CI resorts.