• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR On the strip

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few days ago I stumped opon a gold 1br at the strip worth 3.400 annual.

Price 1000$ including costs.

My initial thought was that if I get to keep it it's great if not too bad.

Now I keep thinking what are my chances to actual keep it? - I say they are slim but am I correct or wrong?

Any thoughts?

Regards.

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
A few days ago I stumped opon a gold 1br at the strip worth 3.400 annual.

Price 1000$ including costs.

My initial thought was that if I get to keep it it's great if not too bad.

Now I keep thinking what are my chances to actual keep it? - I say they are slim but am I correct or wrong?

Any thoughts?

Regards.

Have you caught the TS bug? :) you seem to be buying HGVC units up left right and center.

Based on everything I have read here, I doubt you would have problems picking up a 3500 point unit for $1k and having it pass the ROFR.

From what I have read, the ones that generally can't pass ROFOR are Plat for anything less than $1/point.

Last edited:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you caught the TS bug? :) you seem to be buying HGVC units up left right and center.

Based on everything I have read here, I doubt you would have problems picking up a 3500 point unit for $1k and having it pass the ROFR.

From what I have read, the ones that generally can't pass ROFOR are Plat for anything less than $1/point.

TS bug :D good one. I actually only purchased two and cancelled one of them because of the high MF. I now own at the vilamoura.

I have asked a lot about different resorts. The more you know the better. :)

I read that If you pay below 1$/pts on a plat 2br hilton would buy it back. But since this upfront cost is so low I could not help wondering if they indeed would buy it back anyway.

But I do hope you are right

Regards.

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
TS bug :D good one. I actually only purchased two and cancelled one of them because of the high MF. I now own at the vilamoura.

I have asked a lot about different resorts. The more you know the better. :)

I read that If you pay below 1$/pts on a plat 2br hilton would buy it back. But since this upfront cost is so low I could not help wondering if they indeed would buy it back anyway.

But I do hope you are right

Regards.

How many vacations to hgvc properties have you been too?

I don't know your financial position, but if I told my wife I was buying up timeshares prior to her having good experiences at hgvc properties..... She would probably beat me with a stick...

Seth Nock

Reaction score
ROFR and The Las Vegas Strip

We have had our last few 3,400 point 1 bedroom Gild units bought back at the Strip. Prices were $2,000 and above + closing costs. The 3,400 point Strip property is their "Entry Level" purchase. That sales floor is 1 of the most profitable. They want the "Entry Level" units to help make sales there.

If you move forward, use a credit card for the payment and confirm that you will get your deposit back if and when it gets bought back. Make sure you are not paying any cancellation fees for the escrow company to run your deposit and ROFR.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
We have had our last few 3,400 point 1 bedroom Gild units bought back at the Strip. Prices were $2,000 and above + closing costs. The 3,400 point Strip property is their "Entry Level" purchase. That sales floor is 1 of the most profitable. They want the "Entry Level" units to help make sales there.

If you move forward, use a credit card for the payment and confirm that you will get your deposit back if and when it gets bought back. Make sure you are not paying any cancellation fees for the escrow company to run your deposit and ROFR.
Interesting, resale price over 50% of points for 3400, Vegas, Gold. Thanks for posting.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Based on my own experience, Hilton RFOR on my purchase of 2BR Platinum for LV on the strip at $7,500.

Seth Nock

Reaction score
ROFR and The Las Vegas Strip

Based on my own experience, Hilton RFOR on my purchase of 2BR Platinum for LV on the strip at $7,500.

They bought back some of our Strip 7000 point units as high as $12,000. They are more aggressive with that property.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everybody for your replies. I've used my cc and according to contract I'll get all my monies back in case of rofr.

Currently I'm waiting for Hilton to excise or not. If they use all 30 days I still need to wait approx 25 more days.

Once I'll know more ill post an update. I can't stop thinking that weather or not they excise is more a lottery than not.

Regards.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a small update.

It seems the broker or closing company forgot to ask for my signature on one document which is needed and on top of that the document regarding the rofr was faxed to Hilton, but never arrived. :mad:

I know that we all are humans, but come on how do you forget important papers and the missing fax maybe an honest mistake, but why not checkup on if the fax arrived or not.

Is this common that brokers or closing companies work this unprofessionally?

Regards.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Wow, that's really frustrating! Did the closing company figure this out on their won, or was it only discovered because you followed up to find out the status of your purchase?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's really frustrating! Did the closing company figure this out on their won, or was it only discovered because you followed up to find out the status of your purchase?

Yes very much indeed.:(

I did a followup today, and was told that there wasn't any news yet. Later they wrote me again and asked me to sign the missing document so they could send the waiver to Hilton.

From there we had a few mails going forth and back, and they admitted that they had forgot about it, and the original fax never was received.

/regards

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Just wanted to give a small update.

It seems the broker or closing company forgot to ask for my signature on one document which is needed and on top of that the document regarding the rofr was faxed to Hilton, but never arrived. :mad:

I know that we all are humans, but come on how do you forget important papers and the missing fax maybe an honest mistake, but why not checkup on if the fax arrived or not.

Is this common that brokers or closing companies work this unprofessionally?

Regards.

Very typical of the eBay sellers.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from the closing company and Hilton waived their rights.

According to the closing agent she asked them to rush the decision so they answered back the same day.

The agent has not gotten the actual waiver or estoppel yet only and mail from Hilton where they agree to waive their rofr rights.

So i should now be the owner of a 1br gold week at the strip. I didn't expect them to waive their rights for the price I paid.

/regards

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Just got an email from the closing company and Hilton waived their rights.

According to the closing agent she asked them to rush the decision so they answered back the same day.

The agent has not gotten the actual waiver or estoppel yet only and mail from Hilton where they agree to waive their rofr rights.

So i should now be the owner of a 1br gold week at the strip. I didn't expect them to waive their rights for the price I paid.

/regards

Congratulations on your purchase!

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How many vacations to hgvc properties have you been too?

I don't know your financial position, but if I told my wife I was buying up timeshares prior to her having good experiences at hgvc properties..... She would probably beat me with a stick...

That's why I didn't tell mine......:whoopie:

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If Hilton says they are exercising their ROFR can the seller then stop the sale and try to sell it again at a higher price? Let's say I went under contract on a unit for $1,000. Hilton then exercises ROFR. Can I offer the seller $2,000 at that point and we can try again with Hilton?