• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gold hhonors and ROFR

aamista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does gold hhonors have any effect on rofr?
I asked the broker and she informed me that it doesnt have a space on the rofr form , And i read in a forum post that the roft have it?
Anyone have seen a rofr form lately?
Another question , it has been a week now after submitting rofr, do hilton usually waits till the end of the 30 days?
Thanks in advance

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Hilton's hotel loyalty program (HHonors) has no affect on ROFR or buying a Hilton Grand Vacation Club (HGVC) property. HHonors level get you no special privileges when staying at the properties with a HGVC reservation.

Kurt

mtm65

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently received notification of waiver of ROFR. It took a full 30 days in our case. No mention of Hhonors in the process. I don't think Hhonors makes any difference in the ROFR decision.

I am learning that this is a very slow process that takes a lot of patience :)

aamista

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently received notification of waiver of ROFR. It took a full 30 days in our case. No mention of Hhonors in the process. I don't think Hhonors makes any difference in the ROFR decision.

I am learning that this is a very slow process that takes a lot of patience :)

Congratulation, can i know what was your purchase?

mtm65

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
HGVC International Drive, 2 BD, Platinum, 7,000 pts for upper 8K.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had a ROFR at Hilton since 10/6. Trying to get a one bedroom every-other-year (odd) at the Vegas Strip location. Hoping it will pass (of course) but not sure how to feel since the price is just below $5K. I hope the fact that it's a 1BR vs. a 2BR and a biennial rather than annual will help make it less attractive for Hilton to grab back.

I don't think your HHonors status would matter in the process. But what about being a current owner, or an Elite owner? Would they want to take care of their existing owners?

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should have no problem.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had a ROFR at Hilton since 10/6. Trying to get a one bedroom every-other-year (odd) at the Vegas Strip location. Hoping it will pass (of course) but not sure how to feel since the price is just below $5K. I hope the fact that it's a 1BR vs. a 2BR and a biennial rather than annual will help make it less attractive for Hilton to grab back.

I don't think your HHonors status would matter in the process. But what about being a current owner, or an Elite owner? Would they want to take care of their existing owners?

Just had a 1br 3400 annual at the strip pass. I paid 1000$ including closing. I would also say that you should have no worries.

/regards.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)

$5K for a 1-BDRM, EOY, you shouldn,'t have any problem. Is it Plat, 4800 points or Gold, 3400 points?

aamista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here
Its for 1 br plat. In vegas strip
I dont think it will pass rofr
If they going to excersie rofr will it be fast or i will wait the 30 days ?
I need to buy another one if so