• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI/DVC over Spring Break (2016) - 2 Questions

UKPRLE

Reaction score
All,
As always, I appreciate your help.

I went through RCI to get DVC this past summer over 4th of July, as I put in the request for a 2 Bedroom exactly 2 years in advance. I was able to get it easily because of this advanced planning.

With that being said, I am looking at Spring Break 2016 (3/19 - 3/26). Have you ever seen inventory available for these Spring Break weeks (which are the busiest, including Christmas week)? I am just trying to determine if it is even worth it to try or should I just plan on staying at one of the HGVC properties.

Since I did it almost 2.5 years ago, I forget on the RCI process. Do I have to have the points in my RCI account already for them to do it (meaining pay for the conversion) or do they just have to see that I have points available to make the reservation?

Thanks again for your help,
Ray

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
All,

I went through RCI to get DVC this past summer over 4th of July, as I put in the request for a 2 Bedroom exactly 2 years in advance. I was able to get it easily because of this advanced planning.

With that being said, I am looking at Spring Break 2016 (3/19 - 3/26). Have you ever seen inventory available for these Spring Break weeks (which are the busiest, including Christmas week)? I am just trying to determine if it is even worth it to try or should I just plan on staying at one of the HGVC properties.
Yep go for it ;) but book HGVC as a back up.
If you get a match, just cancel the existing HGVC reservation before you book the Disney exchange.

Since I did it almost 2.5 years ago, I forget on the RCI process. Do I have to have the points in my RCI account already for them to do it (meaining pay for the conversion) or do they just have to see that I have points available to make the reservation?

Ray

No, you don't need to have points in RCI.
HGVC owners can use Club points two years out for RCI reservation. So for your 2016 RCI Reservation, you can use 2016, 2017 & 2018 points.

Good Luck :hi:

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: SSR, PVB
HGVC: Kings' Land, Ocean Tower
All,

Ray
If your flexible on resort (E.g. Saratoga) you should be fine for these dates. Most common 2bdrms seem to be SSR, OKW, and AKV. I'd do two searches -- one for the one you prefer one for all other DVC WDW resort IDs (DV01, DV02, DV03, DV05, DV06, DV08, DV09). Good luck.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
As long as DVC continues to deposit those weeks (2 br holiday weeks) like they have in the past, you should be fine. It has been do-able in the past. Also spring break is different for different school groups so it shouldn't be as bad as other holiday times.

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt to try. Last year we got a 3 bedroom grand villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge for the week right before Easter(we checked out Easter Sunday). We were willing to settle for a one bedroom and never imagined a grand villa at a resort other than OKW or SSR would pop up. It also matched 5 months prior,not last minute.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
NOTE: This is a December 2013 thread