• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Starwood Elite status

glenn1000

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand that if you own multiple units at the same Starwood resort you get elite status. If you purchase multiple resale weeks at a mandatory resort (Maui), do you still get the elite status or is it only for those who buy from the developer?

steve1000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin: Mission Hills, Desert Willow, Riverfront Mtn Villas, Kierland, Flex
Marriott: Grande Ocean, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs
Hyatt: Beach House, Coconut Plantation, High Sierra Lodge,
Four Seasons: Aviara, Scottsdale.
Royal Haciendas
I believe the current Starwood policy is that only developer purchases count toward elite status.

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
How many points do you need to become elite and what are the level?

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
3 Star Elite: two weeks or more of interval ownership with a combined value of 159,000 StarOptions

Benefits: Annual conversion to Starpoints instead of every other year, Avis Preferred Membership, Villa Unit upgrade 30-10 days prior to arrival, SVN Elite Status designated on SPG membership card, Friendship Rewards of 30,000 Starpoints (20,000 is standard), Exclusive Owner Services Team

4 Star Elite: Interval ownership with a combined value of 359,000 StarOptions

Benefits: All of 3 Star benefits, $99 Starpoints conversion fee waived, Early Villa Check-in (2:00 pm), SVN Elite Wait List while holding prior reservation

5 Star Elite: Interval ownership with a combined value of 559,000 StarOptions

Benefits: All of 4 Star benefits, SPG Platinum Preferred Guest membership, Platinum Concierge Service, Late Villa check-out (noon).

Resale weeks don't normally count towards Elite status, but if you buy a developer week after your resale week, you can have your resale added back into the program (see this link).

The weeks owned can be at different Starwood resorts. They do not have to be at the same location. All that matters is the number of StarOptions you control.

stevens397

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, the Platinum Elite SPG status for 5 Star Elites is an incerdible perk. I can't count the number of times I've been upgraded to suites thanks to that status. Sadly, I'll be losing it and can't see the sense in spending another $90,000 in new developer purchases to have it in perpetuity!