• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Depositing Starwood points into II or SFX

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to buy a Starwood timeshare, 81,000 points, resale. I'm wondering if it is say a 2BR non lockoff at VV, does it deposit as one 2 BR unit, or can I split it into 2 units, 44,000 points for 1 and 37,000 for the other. This is kind of an academic question, since it may be more likely that I would just exch within Starwood. Thanks.

drann56

Reaction score
First, I think that you are referring to Staroptions within the SVN and not starpoints which is on the hotel side of starwood.

2nd: When using an external exchanging company like II or SFX, if its not a lock off unit, your are exchanging a 2 bdr unit. You can not split it up since it is not a lockoff. Also, when dealing with a external exchange company, you do not deal with staroptions, you deal with the physical unit itself.

Bill4728

Reaction score
You can only deposit a VV unit into RCI or the independants like SFX, Since VV isn't associated with II you can't use II at all.

With SFX or other independant exchange companies, you reserve a week and unit then deposit that week with SFX or others. Check with SFX to see if they will accept our week before making the reservation.

Hope that helps

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Sorry - I missed the "VV" in your post. Vistana Villages does indeed trade within Starwood on a resale. However, Staroptions, do not transfer to other exchange systems - you have to deposit by the week.

Here is the floor plan for a VV 2 bdm. non-lockoff.
www.starwoodvo.com/resorts/villa.jsp?resortID=1&arg=11
As you can see it's like a 2 bdm. Apt. - there's no way to split it into 2 units. A 2 bdm. lock-off can actually be split into two, completely separate units.

Even if you could, you probably wouldn't want to split them up, because 81K Staroptions is on the lower side for Starwood. The high-end 2 bdms. come with 148,100 Staroptions. But 81K will get you into at least a 1 bdm at any Starwood Resort.

Last edited:

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks folks, for your help. Do any of you know whether or not all SVN units have the heavenly bed? Especially, does VV?

mj2vacation

Reaction score
Sheraton properties don't have the heavenly bed, that is a Westin thing.

They do have a very comfortable bed at the Vistana Villages, and that is the standard for Sheraton.