• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bon Jovi & Mom

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday would have been my mothers 97th bd but as you know she died about 3 weeks ago. It was an emotional day of course with lots of highs & lows. I started the day by planting an azalea bush in memory of my mom, then Kelli & I went to a baby shower, back home to finish my corned beef & cabbage. My next door neighbor was in tears as she had to put her cat of 20 yrs down. I deceided to take over dinner figuring she needed some comfort food. Then we headed to the concert. They just opened up a new stretch of highway and of course I took the wrong one and thought I'd never get turned around. Once I did I got tied up in the concert traffic and it was now after 8 pm. Finally got there but the lots were full. Kelli was getting very emotional so told her to give me my ticket and go run to the coliseum ( I was close but not any parking anywhere!!) She took off running like a madwoman while I found a place to park. :wall: :wall: Once I got in I missed almost all of Daughtry (our local home town boy done good) only heard 2 songs but that was ok cause he sounded like a screaming banshie!!

Bon Jovi played for almost 3 hrs and was fantastic. The boy can still rock & he looks good too!! I highly recommend everyone go see this show when he comes to your neck of the woods.

Now you say what has this got to do with my mom? She bought the tickets for us b4 she died for her bd present to us as it was on her bd. We looked up and said Thanks, Mom.!!:) :)

Cherish your friends and family for as long as you can!! Hugs, Shaggy

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
What a beautiful tribute Shaggy!! I'm glad you enjoyed the concert!! The azalea bush was a wonderful sentiment ~~ and your dinner ~~ why was I not surprised?? You have lots of great memories of your Mom, and continue to make more wherever you go. Love your outlook on life...........;)

Sue

chicklet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw Bon Jovi in Dec. here in Toronto! What an awesome concert. We were only five seats away from where he did his singing from the side. He looks so good and still can sing! We had floor seats the best seats i have ever had...we were so pumped for it! Glad to hear you had a great time and your mom sounds like she was a special lady.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Hi Shaggy- Lynda from Aruba seveal yars ago...I saw Bon Jovi about 20 years ago with Ken and our two kids who were only 8 and 11. It was amazing then so I am sure it was terrific. Sympathies on your loss. What a nice night to remember...

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
I saw him on morning tv a few months ago and he was wearing a funny t shirt that said something like "Your mom thinks I'm hot" sort of poking fun of his age and his new teen fans!! He seems like a great guy.

macko420

TUG Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your Mom.

Bon Jovi fan here also. Going to see him in Central Park. Anyone else going?

Hi,
DH and I will be in NYC to see Wicked on Sat and will probably cruise by the park to see what's happening. I understand you still need tickets even though they are free. What time does the concert start?

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Shaggy, sorry to hear about your mom. Wow .. 97. That's great - you would be able to write a book about that wonderful woman.

Brian

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
DH and I will be in NYC to see Wicked on Sat and will probably cruise by the park to see what's happening. I understand you still need tickets even though they are free. What time does the concert start?

Sorry - just getting back on the board from a w/e in NYC. Concert started at 8 pm and was great.