• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancun of 09

bltfam

Reaction score
Hi
We booked our reservation to Mexico for spring break now comes the fun part... the flights! they have more than doubled. For those of you making plans in March/ April are you booking flights now or waiting? Not real sure what to do?
Thanx for the input

DosMasCervesos

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from Cancun. The airfare was high enough we used points this year. Next year we are considering driving down to Austin and flying out using VivaAerobus.com.

Matt

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going Memorial Day Week and are looking for cheaper flights. There will be about 10-12 going, if we can get a decent deal on the air fare from Nashville and St. Louis. We have three condos reserved at the Royals.

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
Booked Flights

Going to Cancun week 16 April 18 - 25, booked flights one month ago. Started looking at 330 days, but didn't buy right off, (big mistake) as flights were $575 for non stop out of Boston. Prices jumped to over $900 and have stayed there. Checked early one Saturday morning and got nonstop out of Bradley (CT) for $700 so I purchased. Current fare is running around $950 right now for both US Air and Delta. I would say start looking several times every day and hope you find a good fare, and if you see a price you are comfortable with, purchase it. The fares sometimes seem to change two or three times in a day.

Good luck

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from Cancun. The airfare was high enough we used points this year. Next year we are considering driving down to Austin and flying out using VivaAerobus.com.

Matt

I have never heard of vivaAerobus before but just checked the rates for our trip in October and they are $200 less per person.:eek:

Are they reliable? Safe?

jschmidt

Reaction score
We're flying out of Austin, TX in Octember on VivaAerobus. We booked in April and our cost was $177 per person round trip. It's a little tricky getting to South Terminal at the Austin Airport, but I found this web site so it should make it a little easier: http://www.staustin.com/?pageid=7

I like Octember better than October. It fits right in with September, November and December. ;)

geoffb

TUG Member
Reaction score
As soon as I lock up a few details I am going to book for March, it seems unlikely that fares will drop.

vettebuf

TUG Member
Reaction score
We let our AA frequent flyer miles flight availability dictate our exchange for 2009. We cancelled our April 18th exchange, paid a cancellation fee to RCI, put two Award tickets on hold for April 25th, and rebooked the exchange. I think it was well worth paying the cancellation fee, especially since we had a conflict at work this year where all of us wanted the week starting April 19th off.

We still need two tickets from PHL to SJU for next July and two tickets to Rome next November. I'm hoping our luck holds and we find decently priced tickets or awards.

Joe L

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is way to early to look for fares for 2009. Airfares change daily, even during the same day. I booked with Mexicana for Sept 27, 2008 for $345 R/T from JFK (all fees). I then called friends who were coming with us and told them to book. They tried later that day the fares were $579. Two days later, back to $345.

No way should you book outrageous fares now, for 2009.

SusanMu

Reaction score
I'm going to Cancun 4/25/09 - 5/2/09 (leaving out of Boston). 330 days out I started watching for award tickets and checking prices. I found a flight on CO for 367.50 R/T taxes included ($111 worth of taxes). I grabbed it on the spot (ended up being late for work but did not want to lose the fare). Same flights are now going for approx. $600. With what is going on there is no telling what the flights will cost. Good luck.

Sue

bltfam

Reaction score
Thanx everyone
I guess I will just keep watching. I started a daily price log. I guess if it drops enough to where I am willing to spend I guess I'll book it THey are now holding at $737-744. Just hope they dont go higher

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There's a site called farecast.com that graphs price data for various routings to help give you an idea of whether you're at the highs or lows. With fuel costs, the data may not be as informative, but it might be worth a look.

csudell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Guess its a good thing I booked when I did. We are going 12/20/08-12/27/08. I booked 2 of our tickets at the 331 day mark for $486pp. By the last week in March, airfare went up to over 1200 pp. And its still there. Even USA3000 is over 800pp. Luckily, due to a long story, I ended up getting the other 2 tix we needed for the same price. And I used $800 off the airfare from my credit card. Phew!

bltfam

Reaction score
Last spring break i think tickets were 321 after taxes taxes etc we paid 441
a ticket now with the new baggage cost we will be paying additional $25 each way for the second bag.