• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

From the NY Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

laura1957

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't believe that NY cops and firemen are the biggest pension scammers on the planet it asleep at the wheel.

Look up "heart presumption" sometime--this law (yes, it's the law) assumes that any heart problem whatsoever that arises for one of these uniformed guys is a direct result of the job. This means that the pension now goes un-taxed forever.

It doesn't matter what the person did to their body--piles of the proverbial doughnuts, packs of cigs, too much time at the local pub vs. the gym, etc.

The padding of police and fire pensions is as well documented as Donald Trump's hair. Plus the fact that the police and fire depts of NYC in particular are multi-generational. Fathers teach their sons around the dinner table how to maximize their pensions and create the next generation of pigs at the public trough.

Having said that, indeed there are heros in uniforms. But the percentage of these vs the shortimers who scam the pension system is laughably small.

I would say that is backwards - the scammers are in the minority just like they are in almost ANY profession, you just hear about them more.

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you get kidnapped and robbed by crooked cops in Mexico. It's probably your own fault. Stands to reason. He was just asking for it.

And imagine retiring at 42 after surviving 20 years on the NYPD. The nerve. These damn 9-11 first-responders are the biggest gold brickers around. Especially the ones in the elite rescue squads.

And now he gets kidnapped and robbed in Mexico and goes crying to the NY Post. Why didn't he report it to the Mexican newspapers?

The police in Mexico don't kidnap you and hold you for ransom unless they have a very good reason to. It's very fishy.

Are you kidding Me ? Did you really think when you wrote this ?

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't believe that NY cops and firemen are the biggest pension scammers on the planet it asleep at the wheel.

Look up "heart presumption" sometime--this law (yes, it's the law) assumes that any heart problem whatsoever that arises for one of these uniformed guys is a direct result of the job. This means that the pension now goes un-taxed forever.

It doesn't matter what the person did to their body--piles of the proverbial doughnuts, packs of cigs, too much time at the local pub vs. the gym, etc.

The padding of police and fire pensions is as well documented as Donald Trump's hair. Plus the fact that the police and fire depts of NYC in particular are multi-generational. Fathers teach their sons around the dinner table how to maximize their pensions and create the next generation of pigs at the public trough.

Having said that, indeed there are heros in uniforms. But the percentage of these vs the shortimers who scam the pension system is laughably small.

Sullco. You sound like a flaming idiot. Where are your statistics. Just how high is the percentage of NYPD retirees receiving disabity vs a reg pension. Give me the link.

Are there scammers. You betcha. There are scammers in every part of society. Whether it be welfare recipients, disability cheats,unnecessary unemployment extensions ,timeshare salesman, etc.

Sitting around the dinner table was great with my children. Sometimes I would talk about work most times not. If I had run into an loser like you, we would have had a great laugh.

Last edited:

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would say that is backwards - the scammers are in the minority just like they are in almost ANY profession, you just hear about them more.

You are so right Laura. With one exception timeshare salesman.:rofl:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
The End

Since this thread has run its course, it's now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.