• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deflationgate part II

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe. I think most involved want it to die and go away. If there aren't threats and intimidation to keep it quiet, there is simple passage of time and possibility of new scandal squirrel on someone elses field.

Maybe so, but these two are sitting on a million dollar story here. Someone would be willing to pay them that kind of money for the interview. I think that fact has to make some nervous, assuming there is a story to tell.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whatever NDA they signed would quickly take any money they made from trying to tell their story. Kraft (I think) is the type that would go after them if they violated the NDA.

geekette

Reaction score
Whatever NDA they signed would quickly take any money they made from trying to tell their story. Kraft (I think) is the type that would go after them if they violated the NDA.

Definitely, Kraft would not want dirty laundry aired and would go to some lengths to prevent it. I think that's why he is not appealling Pats smackdown, he doesn't want further probing.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's kinda funny, because now Kraft is coming off as looking like a semi "hero" in the whole deal for not pursuing any further action. There are even stories out that he is putting the NFL ahead of his personal interests, and doesn't want to damage the league any further. Personally, I'm not buying that nonsense.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope. My opinion is Kraft agreed w/Roger to not challenge and in exchange Bradys suspension will be reduced.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I don't think it's automatic that Kraft made a deal involving Brady. I think it's as probable that Goodell schooled Kraft on how much more dirt they expect is out there, dirt they'll be able to get their hands on if the Pats were to take the team's ruling out of the commissioner's hands and into a court proceeding. (For example, Brady's phone could implicate Belicheck through calls/texts to Bill's personal phone as it was only the company phones that Kraft released to Wells.)

The fans around here are obnoxious in their devotion. It'd be one thing if they'd just acknowledge that they don't care the team is dirty; it's completely another to defend the team to the death that they've done absolutely nothing wrong and this whole mess is simply an unsubstantiated vendetta fueled by jealousy of the team's success.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I have zero trust in the NFL and the Commissioner doing what is right, which means I fully expect the suspension to be reduced, which I think is ridiculous. I think 4 games is a gift as it is.

IMO if Brady wants to be "considered" for anything less than the 4 games he has already has, he needs to cooperate and turn over the texts/records. His image is already taking a monumental hit, continuing down this path isn't helping him.

And the majority of Pats fans (I wont say all b/c I know some that are truly ashamed of this) have been overly obnoxious with their tinfoil hats and vendetta theories. They were caught cheating (again!!!). Period.

geekette

Reaction score
It's kinda funny, because now Kraft is coming off as looking like a semi "hero" in the whole deal for not pursuing any further action. There are even stories out that he is putting the NFL ahead of his personal interests, and doesn't want to damage the league any further. Personally, I'm not buying that nonsense.

"Hero"? Oh crap, that's embarrassing. He should be picking feathers off his plate for having boldly declared NFL owed him an apology.

I so hope that hero was your word vs something you've seen/read where someone is calling him a hero.

geekette

Reaction score
Sue, I appreciate "a local" weighing in. I am a Colts fan, and while angry that cheaters got away with it, it's several more miles to Hooterville to turn that into jealousy. I think most sports fans are interested in sportsmanship, rules go for everyone, etc., so I'm sorry to hear many Pats fans don't care how the W is made.

I agree it's not necessarily that Kraft bargained Brady's suspension down, I like the idea that NFL implied it could get a lot uglier and Kraft backed off. I think that is quite likely, and I also think Brady's suspension will stand. There is no hard evidence he was involved but he did not cooperate to the extent of being exonerated, either. What possible motive for reducing the penalty?

Frankly, I'm shocked we haven't heard much hubub about role model crap, the kind of thing that's always talked about when someone disappoints (actually a pet peeve of mine, parents should be the role models). Or are people telling their kids to win at any cost? Rules are for suckers??

I don't think it's automatic that Kraft made a deal involving Brady. I think it's as probable that Goodell schooled Kraft on how much more dirt they expect is out there, dirt they'll be able to get their hands on if the Pats were to take the team's ruling out of the commissioner's hands and into a court proceeding. (For example, Brady's phone could implicate Belicheck through calls/texts to Bill's personal phone as it was only the company phones that Kraft released to Wells.)

The fans around here are obnoxious in their devotion. It'd be one thing if they'd just acknowledge that they don't care the team is dirty; it's completely another to defend the team to the death that they've done absolutely nothing wrong and this whole mess is simply an unsubstantiated vendetta fueled by jealousy of the team's success.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Hero"? Oh crap, that's embarrassing. He should be picking feathers off his plate for having boldly declared NFL owed him an apology.

I so hope that hero was your word vs something you've seen/read where someone is calling him a hero.

Here's the article I read earlier. Basically saying that Kraft may have put the NFL's well being ahead of the Patriots, and how noble that was. Of course it's nonsense, and I said that in my previous post.

If Brady suspension isn't reduced, Kraft puts NFL's well-being above Patriots

http://www.boston.com/sports/touchi...isnt_reduced_this_is_the_truth_kraft_put.html

joewillie12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kraft finally jumped off his soapbox. He finally realized he is biting the hand that feeds him. I think a few of the other owners plus the commish got his ear this past weekend and said bobby boy what the hell are you doing here. Take your medicine and let it go. Your 31 other brothers [owners] would greatly appreciate not dragging the business, that rains money down upon us in huge amounts, through the mud. Just my opinion.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Goodell is speaking after the Spring Meetings right now on ESPN.

Straight from his mouth:

The NFL did not ask the Patriots to suspend staffers Jastremski and McNally. That was the teams call.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
And now, for something completely different:

What's absurd is the Giro d'Italia (bicycle race) docking a rider 2 minutes for accepting a tire (his went flat) from a rider of another team. Maybe that's like hitting the wrong ball in golf, but like the International Cycling Union knows sportsmanship. <jus' saying'>

geekette

Reaction score
Here's the article I read earlier. Basically saying that Kraft may have put the NFL's well being ahead of the Patriots, and how noble that was. Of course it's nonsense, and I said that in my previous post.

If Brady suspension isn't reduced, Kraft puts NFL's well-being above Patriots

http://www.boston.com/sports/touchi...isnt_reduced_this_is_the_truth_kraft_put.html

Oh yes, I know you called it nonsense, I'm simply nauseated by that word hero. Thanks for the link, I saw only a paragraph before someone showed up wanting something so gotta cruise.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm telling you, the fanatics have lost their minds. I'm watching the Sox play the Rangers, Xander Bogarts just hit a home run out to the seats over the Green Monster. A guy in the front row holds up a sign with big block letters: "FREE BRADY." <thud>

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Four game suspension upheld.

Lack of cooperation?? What is the world coming to when you can't destroy a cell phone that might be used as evidence against you?

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Four game suspension upheld.

Lack of cooperation?? What is the world coming to when you can't destroy a cell phone that might be used as evidence against you?

I can't wait to see what happens next!

I really think the suspension was going to be reduced, but all the rhetoric coming out of Brady's camp was that unless there was a complete exoneration he was going to take the NFL to court. So if that's the case, then there's really no reason for the NFL to reduce the suspension.

I think there will be a lot of chain rattling and threats to come out of the Brady camp in the next month, but in the end he'll pull a Robert Kraft and just accept it "for the good of the game". I don't think he really wants to take it to court with the courts subpoena powers.

geekette

Reaction score
He got off easy. If integrity of the game is everything, then how can this be fitting punishment?

Destroying cell phone was new info (to me). That was really stupid if he was trying to avoid looking guilty.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Maybe he can join Pete Rose on the autograph circuit for a bit. Rose can sign baseballs and Brady can sign deflated footballs.:cool:

Cheers

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe he can join Pete Rose on the autograph circuit for a bit. Rose can sign baseballs and Brady can sign deflated footballs.:cool:

Cheers

There is a new vernacular developing. My kids were playing football and one of the footballs was soft and squishy and they said "let's use the Brady ball".

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
There was this question on a "Family Feud" episode featuring football celebrities:
What can be inflated and deflated?... Footballs was one answer. Another was egos.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Inevitable result?

I've just finished reading the entire 40 page decision of Judge Berman, which was determined and issued largely on valid and important on points of law (...which, after all, is what judges are inclined and supposed to do). It's very ironic (and frankly, almost humorous) that the NFL had immediately and very aggressively sought to get this case filed in its' own NFL / Goodell "home turf" of NY --- only to ultimately be flat out bludgeoned by the court they had so energetically (and successfully) "cherry picked".

Like it or not, the NFL (certainly including, but not limited to, Roger Goodell) clearly did nearly everything wrong and did nearly nothing right in either the course of their (...ahem) "investigation" or in the unwise, stilted and biased public statements and unfounded conclusions by Goodell regarding his plainly subjective and very convenient (but entirely unsubstantiated) interpretation of a truly shoddy product. Access to a prime witness (Pash, who actually helped "edit" the Wells report on behalf of the NFL) was completely denied to the player side as a witness throughout the entire case --- a huge mistake by (and a truly fatal legal flaw in and of itself to) the NFL side.

Frankly, I don't see how Judge Berman could possibly have ruled any other way on the shoddy, stilted, evidentiary farce and situation brought before him for a ruling.

To borrow (...again) from Randy Newman, for Tom Brady I guess "It's [still] lonely at the top". ;)
P.S. I wonder if Goodell is working on his resume, even as we speak. He should be, 'tho with the many millions he's been (over)paid, he doesn't "need" alternative work.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've just finished reading the entire 40 pages of Judge Berman's decision, which was determined and issued largely on valid and important on points of law (...which, after all, is what judges are inclined to do). It's very ironic (and frankly, almost humorous) that the NFL so immediately and so very aggressively got this case filed its' chosen, NFL / Goodell "home turf" of NY --- only to ultimately be just flat out bludgeoned by the court they so aggressively sought.

Like it or not, the NFL (certainly including but not limited to Roger Goodell) clearly did nearly everything wrong and nearly nothing right in either the course of their (...ahem) "investigation" or in the stilted and biased public statements and conclusions by Goodell regarding their own subjective and convenient interpretation of a shoddy product. Access to a prime witness (Pash, who actually helped to "edit" the Wells report on behalf of the NFL) was completely denied to the player side --- a huge mistake by (and a truly fatal flaw to) the NFL side, in and of itself.

I don't see how Judge Berman could possibly have ruled any other way on the shoddy, stilted evidentiary farce of a product put before him, quite frankly.

To borrow (...again) from Randy Newman, "it's (...still) lonely at the top". ;)

I agree. The NFL botched this right from the start like they've botched many of the recent incidents put before them. I'm aggravated with them as much as with the whackos calling in to talkradio today. ;)

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Just one of the many reasons I no longer pay any attention to ANY pro sports. It's all only marginally better than pro wrestling.:rolleyes:

Cheers