• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Florida Quit Claim Deed--How?

herschel53

Reaction score
One of the Vistana units that my wife and I own is jointly owned with her sister and (now) ex-husband. We have decided that we want to sell this unit. The ex-husband relinquished any ownership right in the divorce settlement, but his name remains on the deed. Can anyone tell me how to obtain a Florida quit-claim deed and how to go about using this to remove the ex-husband from the deed so that we can sell this unit without further complications?
Feel free to reply directly to rsrobins53 ATSIGN hotmail.com.
Thanks!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Timeshare Transfer Inc., Etc.

Can anyone tell me how to obtain a Florida quit-claim deed and how to go about using this to remove the ex-husband from the deed so that we can sell this unit without further complications?
I'm pretty sure that the professional timeshare closing service agencies all know how to take care of situations like that -- Timeshare Transfer Inc. & Timeshare Closing Services Inc. & JRA Services Inc., etc.

Good luck.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Dave H

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the professional timeshare closing service agencies all know how to take care of situations like that -- Timeshare Transfer Inc. & Timeshare Closing Services Inc. & JRA Services Inc., etc.

Good luck.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Actually Alan, in the State of Florida and many other states, the preparation of a deed that is not being insured by title insurance is considered the practice of law and an attorney licensed and admitted to the bar in that state is who is supposed to be preparing those deeds.

I sent the poster and email with someone they can call on Monday that is a Florida Attorney that can prepare the deed for a reasonable cost.

JRA would be able to as well as they have an attorney on staff, but the other 2 to my knowledge do not have a Florida admitted attorney on staff.

Dave

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I was going to mention JRA as well, their fee is reasonable and as far as I know they have an attorney on staff.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree...

but the other 2 to my knowledge do not have a Florida admitted attorney on staff. Dave

In every one of the numerous FL timeshare transacations handled for me by Timeshare Transfer, Inc. of Vero Beach, FL in recent years as both buyer and seller (about 8 individual transactions in total), Attorney John E. Banks, Jr., Esq. has signed all of the Timeshare Transfer documents. On each and every such closing document package, the following appears pre-printed upon on the cover page, quoted only in relevant part, but verbatim:

"The transfer of Real Property creates legal rights and legal obligations. John E. Banks, Jr., Attorney at Law, is licensed to practice law in the state of Florida and represents...."

Sure seems like involvement of a "Florida admitted attorney" to me...:shrug:

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I'm going to be heretical here and say that, actually, if you or someone you know is adept at copying documents, you can likely DIY. Go online to find a Florida QCD form or sample from some outfit like www.nolo.com, and insert the pertinent information from the deed you hold with his name as Grantor.

The ex-relative needs to sign the deed b4 two witnesses & notary (the notary can also be a witness), with names printed below the signatures. Then call the the public records department of the County Clerk where the resort is located for recording instructions and fees.