• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2015] About to Start the Foreclosure Process

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Biggredd thanks for the information; even with my attempt to block their number they called again this evening, but it only rang once before going into "block" mode. I will try writing a letter and report back on that. Sorry to hear about your own difficulty; I hope all is better now. You said 7 years; the person I spoke to claimed 7 to 10....I'm guessing that was a scare tactic on her part

All public record items like lawsuits and judgments are allowed to remain on your credit report for ten years. Longer if they are revived.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

On a side note, you must be going bust after that debacle of a final minute versus the Broncos tonight.

That was about the most heartbreaking finish to a game I think I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
On a side note, you must be going bust after that debacle of a final minute versus the Broncos tonight.

That was about the most heartbreaking finish to a game I think I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm traumatized to say the least....I had to rewind the TV because I couldn't believe what happened :bawl:

Reaction score
So they are ramping up their calls. They called 2x last night, and 1x so far this morning. The call block on my phone actually works because the phone doesn't ring, so I'm not being bothered. It's only when I get on my phone for something else do I see the missed call notification. I'm also going to spend this weekend crafting a Do Not Call letter, per the suggestion of a helpful poster; I want to see if that stops the calls all together, postpones them, or have no effect at all.

Reaction score
Update. Last night received 2 billing statements for assessments and loan balance. These had a big PAST DUE marked on them. Received 2 emails informing me of Wyndhams super easy payment plans.... Just 10 min ago received strange call from someone saying I called and left a message for him to call me back. I said nope. As SOON as I hung up the blocked number from Wyndham Financials tried to call! Now I have a new number to block....they were trying to see if my phone number was still valid perhaps?

Reaction score
An Update!

So instead of 702.562.8350 (Nevada) calling me (and getting automatically rejected), the number has now switched to 1.888.739.4031 (which has also been placed on the call rejection list).

A funny thing that happens when calls are rejected; the Wyndham Rep on the other end goes to my voicemail.....but they don't know that they are being recorded! I have heard and laughed at so many 40 second recordings where a rep is waiting for me to answer the phone and is either having a conversation with someone sitting next to them, starts singing a song, or in today's case, begins to rant about "hating her G***amn life." True story. I was mad her rant cut off at the 40 second mark :rofl:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Just people humpin every day for a living. Call work is neither fun nor well paid.

I understand the humor of it all, but remember; the people getting paid to do their job are NOT the people who sold you the 'bill of goods' nor are they evil or vindictive.

As long as they get paid, they'll keep working (probably).

good luck.
I'm sure we've all had a collections call (for some reason or another) at some point in our lives.

Reaction score
Not being vindictive at all! I guess you would've had to hear the voicemail but her hating her life segwayed into wanting to kick (couldn't make out their name)'s @$$....to how they better stop.....she was hyping herself up. Trust me I did calls for MCI Telecomm for 2 years, I know the pain well ;)

alexan56

Reaction score
Help for friend

Help for friend: She lives in Venezuela and "purchased" a 150k wyndham account. She recently got into some debt and has cancelled her Credit card (Aug 15). Will wyndham come after her? As she is overseas and doesnt mind the bad credit.

She has asked me to get this question out as she has had a few letters mailed to her address!!

Reaction score
Update:

Got a notice from Wyndham. The usual, you're late, you're now 60 days overdue. You can no longer use your reservations or make future ones. I recall from last month it said 90 days, so I looked at both statements. The one from last month was from Wyndham HOA / assessments, and THIS statement is from the actual "loan" portion of Wyndham. So note: If you are only delinquent on your HOA, you have 90 days before they revoke your privileges; if you're delinquent on your loan, you only have 60 days. Receiving about 2 or 3 phone calls a day, still going straight to voicemail. Haven't received anything from them in regards to my Cease and Desist letter I sent.........

Reaction score
A new phone number to block, this time from Wyndham Collections (I guess Ive graduated from talking to a Wyndham Financials rep). Since it was a new number I actually answered but knew as soon as I did it was them. Wyndham Collections is very straightforward, no nonsense. We went through the whole "you're late/when are you paying" bit, but this time when I said nope not happening, she went straight into reciting some legal statement about reporting to credit bureau, the calls will not stop, etc.; basically once we hit 160 days non payment it's war. I said ok, thanks for the info and hung up and promptly blocked the number. As SOON as I did that I received 3 rejected calls back to back and have been doing this for the past week. As I said, doesn't bother me since all 3 of their numbers are now blocked. A "positive" is that they dont call on Sundays.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Have you considered renting your timeshare? This may help to make the yearly payment? What did you buy that put you in such a hole?

Reaction score
Hello! I wouldnt make enough renting it out to cover my costs. I have 308k points which equals to a monthly payment of roughly $800+/ mo.....

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you considered loan consolidation? If both names are on the contract, will bankruptcy work if he does no claim as well?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thought about it as an option but the honest truth is, now that I'm down to one income I simply can't afford to make any payments on it. I have no other debts except the timeshare and my mortgage (and i use my money to make sure me, my son, and pets have a roof over our heads first).

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your still married, you may just be shifting the financial responsibility to him

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Thought about it as an option but the honest truth is, now that I'm down to one income I simply can't afford to make any payments on it. I have no other debts except the timeshare and my mortgage (and i use my money to make sure me, my son, and pets have a roof over our heads first).

You received really good advice early on in this thread and you are doing what you need to do.
Thanks for the updates, it will definitely help others in the future who are dealing with the same situation as you. :hi:

Reaction score
You received really good advice early on in this thread and you are doing what you need to do.
Thanks for the updates, it will definitely help others in the future who are dealing with the same situation as you. :hi:

My pleasure, GrayFal! I'm staying the course and will see this through until the end. :)

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Seconded. I hope I won't need this advice in the future, but you're providing such a helpful chronicle for reference. And handling everything with such aplomb!

Cdn Gal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This too shall pass...you will get through this financial and emotional hurdle and will be stronger because of it. Wishing you all the best, and thank you for the updates. Take care of you!:)

Reaction score
This too shall pass...you will get through this financial and emotional hurdle and will be stronger because of it. Wishing you all the best, and thank you for the updates. Take care of you!:)

Cdn Gal, I have to remind myself to do this almost every day. It's getting easier, but I do wrestle with some guilt.....you know, the guilt of, there are people who are going to have to pick up the costs since I'm going through this. But I have to keep saying to myself, take care of you (and your babies) FIRST. That's what's most important right now. And with me really focusing on my budget and making every penny count, I'm doing just that. Change is scary, but sometimes necessary :)