• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worldmark II and RCI accounts with other TS

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Hello. Hope you guys can help a WM newbie.

I've got a new WM account on the way ( 2 weeks into the wait ugh!).

I also own Marriott legacy resale weeks.

My question(s):

• I'm pretty sure that you can have Marriott on a WM Interval International (II) account, but I believe you must initiate the account thru Worldmark. Please confirm.
  • What about RCI? Can I start on Marriott and add WM? Do I have to start on WM and add Marriott? Can they both be on the same account?
  • Also, I'm doing a trial of SFX. Any tips?
Thanks in advance.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've read so many different experiences with RCI. I was told I had to have a dedicated RCI account for WM. Others have said that they have called numerous times until they finally got someone who could have more than WM on the RCI account.

I never set up II for WM, but what you posted is what I have been told.

For SFX, you want to only book a week that is listed on their grid as the highest demand location and season. If you book San Francisco to deposit in SFX, a studio will trade as a one bedroom and a one bedroom will trade as a 2 bedroom. All 52 weeks for San Fran have the highest trading power. So, you could book a lower point WM reservation, I think it is Jan and Feb and have the same trading power as if you booked summer or a holiday week.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
My WM account is linked to my RCI account through a WM portal on the WM website. I really like this set up. RCI has been very good for me.

My WM account accounts are also linked to II using the II website or the RCI website. With II , I use all of my VDP weeks and my WM weeks. II hasn't been too good to me.

About the only thing I trade anymore is WM into RCI. I wasn't very happy with a SFX trade last winter so it looks like RCI & WM is my first go to.

Bill

mash84121

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point, WorldMark
It depends on what kind of Marriott account you own. If you are a weeks owner that has not converted to DC, then you can have both the Marriott and Worldmark on the same account. I have it set up this way.

If you own Marriott points or are an enrolled owner, your II account will be a corporate account and you can't have Worldmark under the same account.

mash84121

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point, WorldMark
Sorry, I just reread your original post and saw you are a legacy weeks owner. So yes you can have them under the same account. I had my Marriott account first and called II to add the Worldmark. The first person I talked to didn't know how to do it but they talked to somebody else and they were able to add the Worldmark points.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It seems like long term Worldmark owners have accounts both in RCI and/or II with multiple ownerships in them. It seems like new owners in the past 5 years have been told that worldmark has to be separate and it takes multiple unsuccessful calls before or if a successful set up is made.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Thanks all.... I'll begin to fight the good fight soon and see what I can accomplish. I'll report my results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chrono88

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were able to set up an II account with Worldmark and other resorts by calling the dedicated Worldmark II phone number, and giving them our Worldmark info as well as our ownership information for our other resort weeks. We paid the annual fee, and the account was set up for us in a few days (II had to verify our ownership of the various weeks). I would recommend giving them the ownership info for all the eligible weeks you may own, even if you don't intend on depositing the week, because the annual fee charged to set up the account does not limit the number of weeks nor is there an extra fee for additional weeks. If you add weeks later, there is a fee per week (unless you are renewing your II membership in the process).

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all.... I'll begin to fight the good fight soon and see what I can accomplish. I'll report my results.

Do you have anything to report? I brought WorldMark resale last year, so I am thinking to join the RCI Weeks program also. I already joined II with my Worldmark.

According to the RCI Worldmark line, I spoke to a guy name Brian, and he said to just sign up online, and put WorldMark for the name, put Resort # 7920 under the resort id, and your owner number without the leading zeros for Unit number.

After WorldMark is setup, than call to add in the other RCI Weeks base timeshare that you own. I haven't done it yet, I just got confirmation of my 2nd RCI Weeks based timeshare (Silver Lake Resort) transfer today.

I would really like to join both resorts/timeshares to RCI, but if they need to be two separate RCI accounts, than I only want to join RCI using my new Silver Lake Resort timeshare, because my WorldMark is already joined to II.

So, hoping you have results if you have already fought the fight?

Thanks,
Great3

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Waiting on Worldmark, seems they lost me for a few weeks

Xcalibur

Reaction score
My WM account is linked to my RCI account through a WM portal on the WM website. I really like this set up. RCI has been very good for me.

My WM account accounts are also linked to II using the II website or the RCI website. With II , I use all of my VDP weeks and my WM weeks. II hasn't been too good to me.

About the only thing I trade anymore is WM into RCI. I wasn't very happy with a SFX trade last winter so it looks like RCI & WM is my first go to.

Bill
When you say 'good to me' or not good to me. What do you mean by that? The ratios? Do you get more bang for your buck with RCI on comparison to II? or is it an availability thing? That RCI has better inventory? Or is it their online system?

Thanks!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
As a side note: WM still hasn't given me my paperwork. Almost a month. Very slow.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a side note: WM still hasn't given me my paperwork. Almost a month. Very slow.

Well, I am trying to fight that fight now... Will let you know what happened.

Although the RCI rep said to sign up using Worldmark at first via the web online initial enrollment, and than call to add my other RCI weeks based timeshare (Silver Lake Resort), I did the exact opposite.

Because my Worldmark is already enrolled in II, I decided to enrolled my Silver Lake Resort timeshare into RCI at first, and now that that got setup, I just called in today to try an add in in WorldMark RCI Resort ID # 7920, with my WorldMark account number as the Unit ID.

The RCI rep I spoke with (Diana) said she have to do the form request manually to add WorldMark since it's different than other weeks based Timeshares, she can't just do it online via her computer, and it will take 2-3 days or more to get processed manually by someone else.

I did it this way, because if both my WorldMark and Silver Lake Resort timeshare can't be on the same account, I absolutely need to have a way to trade Silver Lake Resort. I ain't paying for 2 separate RCI accounts for WorldMark / Silver Lake Resort, because if I did, that would mean I would end up paying for 3 RCI accounts due to HGVC also. That's too crazy to me. It would be nice to be able to trade WorldMark thru RCI also, but I can already trade it thru II, having already paid for a membership there already as well.

All these membership fees to RCI/II is starting to add up to a pretty penny, to the point of being almost another MF due in and of itself.

Great3

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow... Unbelievable... it worked!!!

Hello All,

I am happy to report that I now have both my WorldMark and Silver Lake Resort on RCI, and only paid one membership fee for the ability to trade in both timeshares with RCI.

When I go to RCI link after logged into my WorldMark account, I used to get an error, but now it works, and take me to RCI

And I can still log in manually on www.rci.com, and it shows my Silver Lake Resort timeshare there.

Although I can't believe it, after reading so many problems reported here on Tugbbs, I guess it's possible, at least for a Weeks based timeshare (for TPUs), and with a non-Travelshare Worldmark account, which means you can only enroll in RCI Weeks program from what I understand reading here.

Thanks,
Great3

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Yes, they make it a little more challenging when you want to connect your accts. When I called into RCI to do this, I was asked if I had travelshare and it was not stated, but implied that I needed travelshare to access RCI.

Free RCI membership is a "big" benefit of Travelshare - i.e. buying the from Wyndham. So naturally they promote doing that first.