• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How many rooms at each resort?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has Wyndham released how many rooms they have at each resort? October 1 is tomorrow and I would think that is important information. I may just test them not that I think that anything would become of it.

I do not see how limiting account to reservations for any given night is a good thing. I prefer first come first serve. To me that is fair but I guess others think differently. All it means is I will take the 10 best units at more resorts rather then taking 1 - 20 or 30 at one resort. How does this help any of us?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has Wyndham released how many rooms they have at each resort? October 1 is tomorrow and I would think that is important information. I may just test them not that I think that anything would become of it.

I do not see how limiting account to reservations for any given night is a good thing. I prefer first come first serve. To me that is fair but I guess others think differently. All it means is I will take the 10 best units at more resorts rather then taking 1 - 20 or 30 at one resort. How does this help any of us?

I don't know, but you could try calling the resort. If anyone has this information, it would be good to know.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know, but you could try calling the resort. If anyone has this information, it would be good to know.

Are we rounding up or down or below half is down and above is up?

The lack of details is a pretty poor showing from Wyndham but is to be expected. How long before people unknowing how many is allowed get their reservations cancelled?

I am hoping this falls apart.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Royal Vista 93.
Santa Barbara 90.

Yes, I know my resorts ... Do you?

PS Santa Barbara in the winter still has many fixed weeks which are not in points.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Not that I get in to the big blocks of rental bookings, but if they're requiring you to keep track of how many units you have reserved so as not to go over a threshold and lose reservations, then they should provide the number of units in each resort in a place where all owners can easily access it.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
since the limit is 10 or 10% and if I understand your question right the question is a two part question

The first is which resorts have less than 100 units
Then how many for each of these

and more than that the question is only important to know for those, probably few resorts that you intend to work

Its not important to know how many at Bonnet Creek for example, because its more than 100 and its not important for me to know the number at Villa Rica, and a host of other places because I dont work there.

Calling the resort may not help especially for resorts like the ones Linda mentions that are a mix of weeks and points, especially since Ovation has put the numbers in flux.

This goes to something Linda and I and others have talked about before. If you are going to specialize, (and who doesent) you have to know your resorts. and the floks that work there. Im gonna just call my contacts at the resorts I wo,rk to get the numbers I dont already have.

By the way if there is anyone that this rule is going to impact, let me know, We can work together, Ill set aside one of my accounts and enough points so you can make your excess reservations. (Ill want a share of the profits of course)

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
since the limit is 10 or 10% and if I understand your question right the question is a two part question

I think it's 10 units or 20%, whichever is less.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think that the program is going to have the effect that Wyndham thought it would. It is wrong of them to think that they can control the resale rental market with this action. The only way it would work is to curtail smaller renters, but being small, they probably don't get 10 at one resort. Wyndham has set aside a percentage of units for ARP, when they are gone thier gone. The direct buyer, like myself, will have no better chance to get a unit as before this program. I can't even figure out the intent.
Mega renters have multiple accounts, da.
Now they are stuck. It's not going to change anything, direct buyers will see this and be mad, Wyndham can't completely cut off rentals, thy need the mf, so now they have backed themselves into a corner.

Well that's my oppion anyway. Still learning.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think that the program is going to have the effect that Wyndham thought it would. It is wrong of them to think that they can control the resale rental market with this action. The only way it would work is to curtail smaller renters, but being small, they probably don't get 10 at one resort. Wyndham has set aside a percentage of units for ARP, when they are gone thier gone. The direct buyer, like myself, will have no better chance to get a unit as before this program. I can't even figure out the intent.
Mega renters have multiple accounts, da.
Now they are stuck. It's not going to change anything, direct buyers will see this and be mad, Wyndham can't completely cut off rentals, thy need the mf, so now they have backed themselves into a corner.

Well that's my oppion anyway. Still learning.

I don't see how direct buyers would see this and be mad. The sales patter would go like this: "We have made recent changes to enhance the availability of units for our owners." The fact is, it is likely to have a relatively small impact. But the fact that there are some owners talking and complaining about it indicates that the potential to have an impact is there.

This tends to impact a very small subset of owners in a negative way, and could potentially (in admittedly a very marginal way) impact a very large subset of owners in a positive way; if one of us smaller owners is impacted and loses a few units at a peak time, it could be a unit that the very large subset of owners (who DON'T already have 10 units or 20% reserved at that resort/time) have a chance to reserve.

By "smaller owners" I'm referring to folks who have a large number of points, but only 1 or 2 accounts, as opposed to a Points Manager who has potentially hundreds of accounts to hold reservations in. In fact it's probably the Points Managers who are the big winners in this revision because it cuts their competition but does not impact them since they can spread their reservations over a vast number of accounts.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
The "patter" is exactly as Wyndham has quoted it. But as smaller rental owners fill the void, the net effect remains constant. One thing i am not aware of is the total impact of megs renters compared to the total universe. If you would look at tug, with 8000 or more members, it is nothing compared to total timeshare owners. It would be interesting to know what proportion of renters and point managers make up the total number of Prime Units available. That would provide the true impact, since that is what rental would go after first. I agree with all you have said, but I fill in the long run, all would remain about the same, except that there would be a redistribution of points among renters and point managers, and the latter would see the biggest gainer in the current conditions
I would still have to be on the phone bright and early at 13 months to get what I want. If they really want to make an impact for those that buy direct, Wyndham would do away completely with GC for resale points. I don't see that happening as it would substantially reduce MFs. Not to say new prospects. Unless, via ovation, they retain enough to do all rentals themselves.

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not that it provides a lot of additional information, but there is this from the CWP Program Supplement:

**For resorts with less than 50 units in CLUB WYNDHAM Plus, there is a limit of no more than 20% of the total units in the Club. This includes most Affiliate and Associate Resorts and Hotels.