• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Walking into Lion's Den [Family transfer of Summer Bay Orlando, FL]

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Hi Tuggers,
I have been a member practically since day one, however, I have just acquired a timeshare from my son, who foolishly bought from developer. I say foolishly because I warned him not to and if he wanted a timeshare to talk to me first, and buy a resale. Anyway, to get to the point, we have taken over the week and are heading over to the timeshare office to transfer the deed. We already have the new deed from the county clerk. Just want to get paperwork in order with the resort.
If any of you have done this, should I be worried, they may try and sell us upgrades? I don't even want this timeshare! I am hoping for a quick meeting, pay transfer fee and go home!
Wish us Luck! BTW we are dealing with Summer Bay Orlando, FL
TerryC

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Very few of us attend in person when we buy or sell timeshares. If you're really quite concerned, why not just call them and do it over the phone? I'm sure it's a form, the deed and a cheque, nothing you need go to the office for.

But just tell the same thing you did us, "I don't even want what I have, let alone an upgrade," and they'll back off. I doubt they'll sic the hardcore sales people on you, you should be dealing more with administration type people.

Let us know how it goes, if you don't mind.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have your son do it, when I sold one of my extras I did the resort transfer, hard to up sell a resale seller

Why did you take it instead of help him transfer it to a willing third party ?

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Tuggers,
I have been a member practically since day one, however, I have just acquired a timeshare from my son, who foolishly bought from developer. I say foolishly because I warned him not to and if he wanted a timeshare to talk to me first, and buy a resale. Anyway, to get to the point, we have taken over the week and are heading over to the timeshare office to transfer the deed. We already have the new deed from the county clerk. Just want to get paperwork in order with the resort.
If any of you have done this, should I be worried, they may try and sell us upgrades? I don't even want this timeshare! I am hoping for a quick meeting, pay transfer fee and go home!
Wish us Luck! BTW we are dealing with Summer Bay Orlando, FL
TerryC
You could just send the paperwork and transfer fee payment by FEDEX or US Postal Service. Use certified or registered mail if that makes you feel any better.

NJ2Aruba

Reaction score
No Buyback Policy?

You could just send the paperwork and transfer fee payment by FEDEX or US Postal Service. Use certified or registered mail if that makes you feel any better.

I'm assuming the resort doesn't have a buyback policy. Couldn't hurt to confirm.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I don't even want this timeshare!

Why on earth are you taking over your son's timeshare then? :confused:

Young people make mistakes, and if they know they will get bailed out every time they screw up, will they actually ever learn anything? Time to cut the apron strings, IMO.

Kurt

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip> I have just acquired a timeshare from my son, who foolishly bought from developer. <snip> we have taken over the week and are heading over to the timeshare office to transfer the deed. We already have the new deed from the county clerk. Just want to get paperwork in order with the resort.
<snip> I don't even want this timeshare! I am hoping for a quick meeting, pay transfer fee and go home!

I'm not sure why you would willingly choose to take over a timeshare that you "don't even want" in the first place, but if a new deed is already recorded with the applicable county (a detail which is frankly not entirely clear to me from your post), then it's already mostly a "done deal" anyhow.

That aside, why make a personal appearance at all? :confused: You only need to determine the transfer fee amount and payee name for that transfer fee (both of which can be easily determined with a single phone call to the resort) and just mail them the check and a photocopy of the newly recorded deed. There is no need at all for a personal appearance and no need to even potentially subject yourself even momentarily to any waiting around, "meetings", pitches, or questioning.

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I don't think you'll have a problem. You'll not be going to the sales dept to make the transfer, but if you are not real close, it could be done by email.

I just bought a unit there, a 3br lock off. I can give you a few detail if you like but everyone I've talked to at the resort has been more than helpful.

durrod

Reaction score
Once deed is received and recorded, you just send a copy of the recorded deed along with the transfer fee (last I know is 50 but will be good to find out if it still that amount) to:

Summer Bay Resort
25 Town Center Blvd.
Suite C
Clermont, Fl 34714
Attn: HOA Department

For any question regarding transfer, request to talk to hoa owner services.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Hi Tuggers!
Thanks for all the advice, we live close to Summer Bay so we went to the HOA office and have straightened out the timeshare. We are adding it to our list of timeshares. It is EOY, floating week. We are going to keep it in the family, meaning if our son or daughter want to use it, they pay maintenance fee, if my husband and I use it we will pay the fee! Summer Bay was very helpful and no pressure to buy or upgrade!
Our son has paid all the fees, so this matter is now finished. BTW the apron strings were cut many years ago, but thanks for the well meaning advice! Happy Timesharing !
TerryC

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Tuggers!
Thanks for all the advice, we live close to Summer Bay so we went to the HOA office and have straightened out the timeshare. We are adding it to our list of timeshares. It is EOY, floating week. We are going to keep it in the family, meaning if our son or daughter want to use it, they pay maintenance fee, if my husband and I use it we will pay the fee! Summer Bay was very helpful and no pressure to buy or upgrade!
Our son has paid all the fees, so this matter is now finished. BTW the apron strings were cut many years ago, but thanks for the well meaning advice! Happy Timesharing !
TerryC

What size unit is it?

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
2 bedroom floating Every odd year!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Just another note, we sold a week at Orange Lake to a friend last week. The folks at Orange Lake were very nice as well!

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2 bedroom floating Every odd year!

I'll send you a PM, that's a crazy place with different HOAs and different float periods. Mine is a 3Br lockoff, 1-51. Perfect for me. The lock off is a true 1Br.