• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2013 ] Stay Away Timshare Liquidators, LLC "TLC" in Las Vegas

drake123

Reaction score
Thanks mystiquemirage for the info. I just sent my request to cancel along with the nv statues in referenced within the time period. Pending to contact the nv state attny and mn state attny. Just wondering what was the outcome of your results?

Update:
Awesome news, after waiting 10 days without a response from TLC, I finally got a call from the Director of operations (Steve). He apologize that the Sales manager was unable to rescind the contract (full of BS) and wanted to give us the best deal by cutting the original purchase (6k) in half. [Why would I do that when I could purchase one for $1 on ebay]. I declined, and within 15 mins of hanging up the phone with Steve, I received an email (from Steve to Accounting) to refund my $, which I confirmed with Steve on the phone that this will also serve as the cancellation of the note (not buying it but the email will serve as proof of cancelation if TLC continues to collect on the note).

Note:
If you were pressured in making this huge financial impact by the deceptive sales people at TLC and now have buyers remorse (like my Wife and I did), make sure you cancel within 3 days (for vacation club membership) or 5 days (if it is a timeshare) by sending certified mail of the letter to rescind along with the copy of the Nevada State Law NRS 598.885 (cancellation of contract) and NRS 119A.410 (right to cancel contract of sale). The TLC wolves will tell you that all sales are final but have faith my friends; the consumer protection law is on your side if you act hastily.
Thank goodness to all the Tuggers who have gone before me, you all saved me from getting into this financial death trap. Lesson learned, there is no such thing as a free lunch, research before you truly commit and understand your rights as a consumer.

johnnywo

Reaction score
TLC

I didn't see this sight prior to purchasing a vacation club membership through them. We really weren't interested in owning in a specific place, rather just points. It has been 4 business days since our purchase and we don;t have buyers remorse. We've been looking at owning a VCM or Timeshare for some time now and feel we got a good deal and are excited to travel.

I feel that most of the negative comments read in other places are related to gifts promised or "trial" periods. Although the purchase was through TLC we bought RCI points with a platinum membership. So as long as the transaction goes through in a timely fashion, we will be satisfied.

Has anyone had a good experience using TLC?

Cheers,
John

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't see this sight prior to purchasing a vacation club membership through them. We really weren't interested in owning in a specific place, rather just points. It has been 4 business days since our purchase and we don;t have buyers remorse. We've been looking at owning a VCM or Timeshare for some time now and feel we got a good deal and are excited to travel.

I feel that most of the negative comments read in other places are related to gifts promised or "trial" periods. Although the purchase was through TLC we bought RCI points with a platinum membership. So as long as the transaction goes through in a timely fashion, we will be satisfied.

Has anyone had a good experience using TLC?

Cheers,
John

Another first time poster serenading us. Did he buy VC or RCI points???

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can't just buy RCI Points. You must buy into a specific resort or 'mini system'. The points come from the resort, and are deposited into an account at RCI, which is just an exchange company. Most of us feel that Platinum membership is not worth the extra cost.

The TUG feeling is that a price per point ratio of a penny of maintenance fee per point per year is a good, and achievable number. That is, if your annual MF is $400, you should get about 40,000 points.

If you don't understand or are paying more, you should back out. Rescind. Study here at 'timeshare U', and then if you want, buy what works for you at reasonable cost. A caution, if you bought in Nevada, and it is a resale, or foreclosure, there is no provision for rescission. You are stuck. In that case, and you want to exchange around, you should consider joining TUG. $15/yr gives you access to reviews, by TUGgers of hundreds of TS resorts worldwide. But truthfully, we'd rather you rescinded this sale until you can make an informed decision, and know all the options. The good deals are not going anywhere, and if it turns out that what you bought is right for you, it will be available next week, next month, next year.

Welcome to TUG.

Jim

Last edited:

johnnywo

Reaction score
You can't just buy RCI Points. You must buy into a specific resort or 'mini system'. The points come from the resort, and are deposited into an account at RCI, which is just an exchange company. Most of us feel that Platinum membership is not worth the extra cost.

The TUG feeling is that a price per point ratio of a penny of maintenance fee per point per year is a good, and achievable number. That is, if your annual MF is $400, you should get about 40,000 points.

If you don't understand or are paying more, you should back out. Rescind. Study here at 'timeshare U', and then if you want, buy what works for you at reasonable cost. A caution, if you bought in Nevada, and it is a resale, or foreclosure, there is no provision for rescission. You are stuck. In that case, and you want to exchange around, you should consider joining TUG. $15/yr gives you access to reviews, by TUGgers of hundreds of TS resorts worldwide. But truthfully, we'd rather you rescinded this sale until you can make an informed decision, and know all the options. The good deals are not going anywhere, and if it turns out that what you bought is right for you, it will be available next week, next month, next year.

Welcome to TUG.

Jim

Thank Jim. Looks like we are stuck. I will definitely join the TUG community. We received 40,000 points with a MF of $600 (I guess we were taken on that one). I read above that there really is no way out for me.

I'll take advice from anyone who quotes the great Frank Zappa!

John

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
What day did you purchase? Get to a post office today and rescind if you are within 5 business days. (Although I think it is calendar days but you might as well try and rescind anyway. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. What you bought has no value and if you can either get your money back completely (which would be a total:banana:) or at least get them to take it back even if you lose your deposit (or to be honest everything you paid). Unless you really like the underlying dead a RCI points timeshare that does has a MF of more than $0.01 per point has no value and may even cost you $ to get rid of on top of the purchase price. You could probably find a 60,000 point timeshare for $1.00. For less than $3000 you can get a 60,000 rci point timeshare with a mf of around $400 per year.

johnnywo

Reaction score
What day did you purchase? Get to a post office today and rescind if you are within 5 business days. (Although I think it is calendar days but you might as well try and rescind anyway. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. What you bought has no value and if you can either get your money back completely (which would be a total:banana:) or at least get them to take it back even if you lose your deposit (or to be honest everything you paid). Unless you really like the underlying dead a RCI points timeshare that does has a MF of more than $0.01 per point has no value and may even cost you $ to get rid of on top of the purchase price. You could probably find a 60,000 point timeshare for $1.00. For less than $3000 you can get a 60,000 rci point timeshare with a mf of around $400 per year.

I purchased last Saturday...June 28. With the holiday yesterday it has been only 4 business days...gonna do some more research. At the very least I am calling them now...

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem is there is no rescission period for resale timeshares in Nevada

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I purchased last Saturday...June 28. With the holiday yesterday it has been only 4 business days...gonna do some more research. At the very least I am calling them now...

Don't call them. Just send out the letter. In general it's 5 days not 5 business days but just play dumb. You already probably wasted your opportunity to get it out today. And as mentioned resales don't always even have to have any rescission ability but I believe that is only tied to units that been originally defaulted upon. Nevada has had a lot of problems with moving real estate and they want property in the hands of an owner and have been willing to reduce some of the normal consumer protection laws to make that happen.

You don't have any time. In fact you probably are past your time so its probably yours without recourse.

In addition to your MF, you will have an annual RCI fee of about $124 (slightly less if you pay for multiple years at the same time). You will also have an exchange fee of $159-$209 for a 7 day period plus the points cost. The exchange fee is less for less than 7 days but most resorts also charge an additional Housekeeping fee if you stay less than 7 days. 40,000 isn't a whole lot of points so you are looking at paying around $950 or more if you book a single week and at most prime locations you would be lucky to get a 1 br for that amount of points. RCI does offer some last minute deals for 7000-9000 points but they still require a $209 exchange fee. Most of those last minute weeks could also be rented through Last Call rentals at $200-$300 without any points and less during RCI sales. The inventory is fairly limited except for overbuilt locations like Orlando, Vegas, etc where there will be more.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not call them. You need to scour your contract. Look near the signature page to see if there is anything about rescission, backing out, cooling off, an address or instructions of how to do it. Nevada real estate commissin got resales exempted from rescission as far as we know, but maybe that law changed. At the least, plead hardship, poverty, illness, baldness, flat feet- ANYTHING to make them allow you to rescind. Promise to smear their name all over the internet or erect billboards. Their products can be bought for $1 any day of the week. They are preying on the innocent, who are unaware that they are just stuck with a pig, hold the lipstick, if they sign that contract.

I'm sorry you seem to be one of their victims.

Jim

johnnywo

Reaction score
I would not call them. You need to scour your contract. Look near the signature page to see if there is anything about rescission, backing out, cooling off, an address or instructions of how to do it. Nevada real estate commissin got resales exempted from rescission as far as we know, but maybe that law changed. At the least, plead hardship, poverty, illness, baldness, flat feet- ANYTHING to make them allow you to rescind. Promise to smear their name all over the internet or erect billboards. Their products can be bought for $1 any day of the week. They are preying on the innocent, who are unaware that they are just stuck with a pig, hold the lipstick, if they sign that contract.

I'm sorry you seem to be one of their victims.

Jim

It appears so...I guess we just got ourselves into a long fight. I can see it now. Just called and spoke to someone, but of course customer service is not open. I will send a letter of rescission on Monday along with calling. Does anyone have a rescission letter template?

John

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doesn't need to be anything fancy. Just handwritten, 'I/We, _________ and _______ wish to cancel contract # __________ dated July XX, 2014. We wish return of all funds, down payments, and to be relieved of all further obligations.
Signed_________ and__________, date__________ All promotional materials related to this contract will be returned under separate cover.

Make them a copy of the contract signature page. Keep the original. Send it certified, return receipt.

Good Luck.

Jim

johnnywo

Reaction score
Doesn't need to be anything fancy. Just handwritten, 'I/We, _________ and _______ wish to cancel contract # __________ dated July XX, 2014. We wish return of all funds, down payments, and to be relieved of all further obligations.
Signed_________ and__________, date__________ All promotional materials related to this contract will be returned under separate cover.

Make them a copy of the contract signature page. Keep the original. Send it certified, return receipt.

Good Luck.

Jim

I also found in the Nevada State Law that all contract memberships "must clearly specify the the buyers right and time alloted to cancel the contract" NRS 598.885 Chapter 329 Section 17. This is not stated anywhere in the contract. Is this worth stating?

John

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also found in the Nevada State Law that all contract memberships "must clearly specify the the buyers right and time alloted to cancel the contract" NRS 598.885 Chapter 329 Section 17. This is not stated anywhere in the contract. Is this worth stating?

John

I would not give them any reason to believe that you know that they can screw you. Make them tell you to your face. SEND THE LETTER! Then stay off the phone with them.

Jim

dracoleb

Reaction score
I was taken by these guys a few weeks ago. They paid for my room in Vegas along with some 2 for 1 show tickets and a tour in exchange for going to one of their presentations. I already have a timeshare that I had bought from a developer about 9 years ago and wasn't planning on signing anything. The prices they showed me there were much lower than I was expecting because they made the impression that they were selling foreclosed timeshares. They also said that if I signed up and bought with them they would list my current timeshare for free and there was a high likelihood that it would be sold very soon. I was excited because I didn't use my current one much because it was kind of a pain to use and this one seemed to be much easier.

After talking for a while we decided to buy. We paid upfront rather than their high interest payment plan, in total about $3500. About three days later I decided to look more into it. I found this thread and realized that I hadn't even bought a timeshare, it was just a membership where I got some small amount of RCI points. Other comments made me believe that they would never end up selling my timeshare so I would be stuck with two with all the fees involved. I used a letter posted here slightly modified and sent it certified mail. I also faxed the letter and attached to an email.

A few days later I got an email and a call that they forwarded my message to Steve Pollaro who I guess runs the company. A short time after that I got an email that the contract will be canceled and all money refunded. It was about 5 days after that I saw the money back in my bank account.

Thank you all here for posting this info. I figured since my success in canceling the contract comes from this forum I should post here that it is possible to get out of this if you act fast enough.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Thank you all here for posting this info. I figured since my success in canceling the contract comes from this forum I should post here that it is possible to get out of this if you act fast enough.
Thanks so much for letting us know. Congratulations! It's always great to hear that TUG has saved another person from a bad deal.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congratulations on finding us in time to save thousands!

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I was taken by these guys a few weeks ago. They paid for my room in Vegas along with some 2 for 1 show tickets and a tour in exchange for going to one of their presentations. I already have a timeshare that I had bought from a developer about 9 years ago and wasn't planning on signing anything. The prices they showed me there were much lower than I was expecting because they made the impression that they were selling foreclosed timeshares. They also said that if I signed up and bought with them they would list my current timeshare for free and there was a high likelihood that it would be sold very soon. I was excited because I didn't use my current one much because it was kind of a pain to use and this one seemed to be much easier.

After talking for a while we decided to buy. We paid upfront rather than their high interest payment plan, in total about $3500. About three days later I decided to look more into it. I found this thread and realized that I hadn't even bought a timeshare, it was just a membership where I got some small amount of RCI points. Other comments made me believe that they would never end up selling my timeshare so I would be stuck with two with all the fees involved. I used a letter posted here slightly modified and sent it certified mail. I also faxed the letter and attached to an email.

A few days later I got an email and a call that they forwarded my message to Steve Pollaro who I guess runs the company. A short time after that I got an email that the contract will be canceled and all money refunded. It was about 5 days after that I saw the money back in my bank account.

Very nice and welcome to TUG. Your next step is to join TUG and start reading and learing how to get some use out of the TS you own.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks for posting this. It might help someone to know they CAN rescind. Nevada law has exempted resales (those foreclosures) from a rescission or cooling off period. I'm glad to see there is someone with a bit of integrity.

Now, you probably still own the TS you bought 9 years ago. Stick around TUG. Do some reading. I think you'll find that it isn't nearly the PITA to use that you thought before you found TUG.

If you find that you want to do some exchanging, consider actually joining TUG ($15/yr) for access to reviews of thousands of resorts worldwide. Getting into a dynamite 4-or 5- star resort on an exchange, and you'll be hooked.

Jim

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Language

Absolutely put the language in. That way they will be on notice if you have to sue them

teebee1

Reaction score
TLC OK with me

We bought from TLC March, 2014 and have no complaints. We have used exchange getaways 4 times and have a 5th week booked. No complaints. Everything is as stated in the presentation and contract.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought from TLC March, 2014 and have no complaints. We have used exchange getaways 4 times and have a 5th week booked. No complaints. Everything is as stated in the presentation and contract.

Care to flesh out what resorts you have been able to visit on these getaways? 4 vacations and one more pending in just 6 months of ownership is quite an accomplishment.

Glad you're happy with what you bought. We often hear from people who, when they find they can buy much better TS resorts for much less money, feel that they were taken advantage of.

Now that you are getting your feet wet with exchanging, why not make the next logical step and join TUG? ($15/yr) There's a link in that red stripe at the top of this and every page. It will give you access to the reviews of thousands of resorts written by TUGgers. It's a small price to pay to avoid exchanging your hard-earned points or weeks into a less-than-ideal resort.

Jim

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Color me dubious...

Call me cynical, but I personally find it (...ahem) "less than credible" when a brand new TUG registrant, in his/her very first post on his/her very first day of TUG registration, starts right out by singing the praises of a resale entity about which the overwhelming majority of all other reports and input are consistently angry complaints and / or other unhappy expressions of disappointment and dissatisfaction. :ponder:

IF true, your report would be a rare statistical anomaly and if so, good for you. However......I think you might well instead be just another unconvincing shill, making a single "guest appearance" here on TUG just to wave the Timeshare Liquidators LLC or TLC flag in a positive light (unlike virtually everyone else); I suspect you'll now never be heard from again here, having completed your very vague, entirely unsubstantiated and quite unconvincing "cheerleading" attempt.

I am assuming that the (only very vaguely) referenced "TLC" and Timeshare Liquidators are actually one and the same entity; I apologize if that assumption is incorrect. In any event, regarding your sudden first cameo appearance on TUG to enthusiastically "endorse" a very questionable entity, per my title line just "color me dubious". :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ChrisandBeth

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Timeshare Liquidators but there is a VERY reputable company Timehare Liquidation Service based out of Redmond Washington who specialize in Worldmark resales. I would not want anyone to confuse the two. It's unfortunate a very similar name is besmirching the reputation of the Murphy family.