• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Marriott Vacation Club Insider Today

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
From the new Marriott Vacation Club Insider I got today:

"Owners with Premier and Premier Plus status can enjoy even more fabulous benefits, including access to Ritz-Carlton Destination Club® resorts and exclusive sporting event packages for the Super Bowl and more!

Luxury awaits you.

Isn't it time to treat yourself to a little bit of luxury? When you become an Owner with Premier or Premier Plus status, you can use Vacation Club Points toward a stay at select Ritz-Carlton Destination Club resorts. Choose from five coveted locations in the United States and the Caribbean:
• California - The Ritz-Carlton Club® and Residences, San Francisco, is a sophisticated urban escape located in the historic Chronicle Building, just steps away from the city’s vibrant culture and diverse shopping and dining.
• Colorado - The Ritz-Carlton Club®, Vail, is an elegant mountain retreat surrounded by majestic alpine scenery, exhilarating snow sports and endless recreation.
• Colorado - The Ritz-Carlton Club®, Aspen Highlands, is a recreational, social and cultural mecca for people from all around the globe. It's celebrated for many things including world-class skiing and snowboarding, acclaimed cuisine and one-of-a-kind shopping.
• The Bahamas - The Abaco Club on Winding Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Managed Club, is a breathtaking island treasure offering gorgeous ocean views and unparalleled relaxation.
• U.S. Virgin Islands - The Ritz-Carlton Club®, St. Thomas, is a sunny Caribbean hideaway amid lush tropical landscapes and soft sand beaches.
For details or to reserve your stay, contact your Vacation Ownership Advisor team at
888-682-4862.
Participation in this program is subject to change without notice.

Get into the game!

Calling all sports fans! When you upgrade to Premier or Premier Plus status, you can use your ownership to enjoy exclusive sporting event packages. These special packages include event tickets, accommodations and other perks. Packages range from 12,000 to 30,000 Vacation Club Points.
For details about these all-new vacation experiences, click here.

Owners with Premier or Premier Plus status receive special discounts on villa rentals.

Owners with Premier status receive 30% off and Owners with Premier Plus status receive 35% off when booking nightly villa rentals at a Marriott Vacation Club resort.

Owners with Premier or Premier Plus status receive last minute booking discounts.

Looking for a last minute getaway at a Marriott Vacation Club resort? Receive 20% off Vacation Club Points bookings within 7 days of check-in date for Owners with Premier status and within 14 days of check-in date for Owners with Premier Plus status.
If you’re an Owner with Premier or Premier Plus status and would like to take advantage of these great discounts, simply call your Vacation Ownership Advisor Team at 888-682-4862.

New! Owners can now use Vacation Club Points toward Travel Protection.

Bring peace of mind with you on your next vacation. Now you can use Vacation Club Points toward a travel insurance plan, designed exclusively for Owners like you. Plans cover a range of expenses, including travel and baggage delay, serious illness and medical emergency, severe weather and job loss. Plans are priced from 200 Vacation Club Points per year.
To learn more call your Vacation Ownership Advisor Team at 888-682-4862."

Ray

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Owners with Premier or Premier Plus status receive special discounts on villa rentals.

Owners with Premier status receive 30% off and Owners with Premier Plus status receive 35% off when booking nightly villa rentals at a Marriott Vacation Club resort.

That's actually a nice perk if it applies to all rentals.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
What's the MOD code, and how does it work?

MOD is the Owner's Discount you can use for cash stays at MVCI properties (and VERY rarely, some Marriott hotels.) Put "MOD" in the discount box when you're going through the marriott.com website and if a MOD discount is available it will show there.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This issue has more discount opportunities than the targeted ones that were included in past issues, both for cash stays and DC Point stays. That's encouraging. :)

It's not set up like the other issues, though, in that it doesn't have the links for various things in a column on the right side. And, I can't click on the body of the email to bring up a webpage that can be used as a link here. Anybody else?

We've been talking about the Ritz-Carlton and Sports Events things here today.

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am really getting tired of this business with the Insider only being sent to what appears to be targeted individuals. I am a Premier DC points member. They most certainly have my E Mail address. I have called twice now and asked to be added to the mailing list for this newsletter and been assured twice that my name would be added and I get Nothing.

hotcoffee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am really getting tired of this business with the Insider only being sent to what appears to be targeted individuals. I am a Premier DC points member. They most certainly have my E Mail address. I have called twice now and asked to be added to the mailing list for this newsletter and been assured twice that my name would be added and I get Nothing.

It might yet come. I got mine about an hour ago. I already knew about the new option from my MOC presentation last Friday. So, it never came as a surprise.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
So am I. My wife and I are Premier Plus owners and have been owners continuously since 1987. I have been assured four times that the problem has been corrected. The last two times were by a Customer Advocacy manager at MVCI headquarters. I have still to get a single Insider issue, which is a big deal because all this important information seems to be communicated only in this Insider piece.

Numismatist

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got it and I don't think I'm a Premier Plus owner - I don't even know what that means?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Don't fret, perhaps I got yours. We receive two emails.

One titled "Marriott Vacation Club Insider Select — 10 Great Reasons to Make Orlando Your Next Vacation." and the other "Marriott Vacation Club Insider Bulletin - Your Benefits Keep Getting Better!". The one that mentioned Orlando didn't mention anything about Orlando in the body of the e-mail.

hotcoffee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't fret, perhaps I got yours. We receive two emails.

One titled "Marriott Vacation Club Insider Select — 10 Great Reasons to Make Orlando Your Next Vacation." and the other "Marriott Vacation Club Insider Bulletin - Your Benefits Keep Getting Better!". The one that mentioned Orlando didn't mention anything about Orlando in the body of the e-mail.

I got both of these today. So, they might still come if Marriott sends them over a period of time rather than all-at-once.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I, too, am a Premier owner and I never got one, either.

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have had the same non-experience with this newsletter. We have never gotten one, and have tried to get added to the list. We are Premiere Plus and have been owners for 12 years. Even if we could just find a link to the newsletter, that would be ok. We don't even know the schedule for publishing...is it a quarterly thing?

Anyway, many thanks to the TUGgers who have passed this newsletter info along when they got it...and we're hoping you continue to do so! :clap: :clap:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Boy, I can only imagine how frustrated you all are with Marriott for them not including you on the "Insider" email list. BocaBoy, especially, has mentioned the attempts he's made to rectify this and it's amazing to me that with his high-up contacts he's not been able to get this fixed.

It's simply ridiculous and there's no excuse for it. None.

Back when the DC was first introduced and we were all floundering around trying to figure things out, DaveM used his most trusted contact to get us answers. He also was told that we could feel free to contact Marriott ourselves with our questions and frustrations - this post contains an email address for the Customer Advocacy office. I believe also that if you prefer using TUG's mail system, a private message to TUGger MVCI Customer Advocate will reach the same office.

I've used both of those avenues and can vouch at least that they are working addresses. BocaBoy and others who have already tried either of these routes, I'm not saying at all that you've not done something right - I'm only offering the options for those who haven't yet made an attempt.

As a last resort, with the thought that maybe some wires were crossed with the "Opt Out" system, below is the address given at the bottom of the Insider email if you wish to opt out. Perhaps a last-ditch desperate snail mail letter to them is an option, asking why you seem to be on an "opt out" list when you don't want to be?

Opt Out
Marriott Vacation Club International
P.O. Box 690549
Orlando, FL 32869-0549

For reference if you want to try to contact any of these, the subject line of the "Insider" email is "Marriott Vacation Club Insider Bulletin" and it's generated by the "marriottvacationclubATemail1.marriott-vacations.com" (AT = @, of course) email address. I'd guess this is a server list address and anything sent to it will just float around out there in cyberspace, but perhaps it can help in trying to pinpoint the problem. Good luck.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are Premier Plus. long term owners who also bought some trust points :eek: and still haven't yet received an Insiders. I am also a lifetime Platinum Plus MR member, so that doesn't seem to help.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You can read past issues online at my-vacationclub.com.

Log in to your account. Click on Manage My Account-->My Profile. On the right hand side there is a small menu with three links under the "Chat Online" link. Click on the "Owner Benefits & Specials" link. Then under owners specials there is a link "Read the Insider e-Newsletter". Of course it only goes through April, to it is pretty much useless.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score

Are you sure you have the points for Premiere status? In a previous post you mentioned that you thought you slipped in due to a computer glitch. If that's the case and your weeks are all showing up as enrolled I wouldn't make too much fuss about not getting a newsletter.

mpizza

TUG Member
Reaction score
Add another Premier owner who hasn't received the newsletter after several requests.

Thanks to the OP for keeping us informed.

Maria

Pens_Fan

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't even join and I got both emails.

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good morning...

just curious...

The MOD thing gives all owners 25% off. However, this is quite restricted. Many times units are available without the option for the MOD discount. Will this new discount be available without restrictions? There are no instructions or link for using this discount! There is no 3 digit promo code or link! It appears you have to call the already overworked VOA....

Any insight???

Not sure how helpful a 14 day Flexchange discount will be...Not many can make plans on short notice. It will be nice if you are already headed to a resort and want to pick up an extra room at the same place!!!!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Not sure how helpful a 14 day Flexchange discount will be...Not many can make plans on short notice. It will be nice if you are already headed to a resort and want to pick up an extra room at the same place!!!!

I personally think the 7 and 14 day discounted points booking is laughable. At those dates the discount should be closer to 50%, not 20%. Definitely not a reason to pay big bucks to buy points to get to premier or premier plus.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I think what is most interesting is that it refers to premier and premier plus owners having access to the Ritz properties. Haven't the sales agents been telling people that you must own trust points to have access to the Ritz properties? :rolleyes:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I think what is most interesting is that it refers to premier and premier plus owners having access to the Ritz properties. Haven't the sales agents been telling people that you must own trust points to have access to the Ritz properties? :rolleyes:

And they will probably continue to do so. Of course many of the people they are trying to sell to will be non premier. So they will try to sell enough points to get the owner to premier and give them access to that great benefit.

Of course in the end it is pretty much like any of the extra benefits that they try to sell with developer sales. Sounds great in the sales office, but when you break it down the benefit has little value for the price.