• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to sell Bluegreen timeshare?

JINXR

Reaction score
I don't know anything about timeshares. My Mother-in-law has a 6,000 annual point timeshare at Bluegreen. Her and her husband never use it. They paid around $13,000 a couple years ago.

I have somebody interested in buying it for $10k. How do I go about selling it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Boca knows Bluegreen timeshares BETTER than anyone else on this TUG site. Check his websites..

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because it is not worth $10k or anything even close to it. You are being baited in order to pay a fee which will get you nothing in return.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why do you think it's a scam?

I will prove it to you. This so called buyer will ask you to make a payment of at least $500 (more like $1000 or more) before you do anything else. They may say it's a closing fee. Or, some other type of fee. Whatever that amount is, let's put the money into a licensed and bonded title company. Then, tell the person that you want to put their upfront money into escrow until the funds can be dispersed to your bank account through a licensed and bonded title company.

If the title closes and you receive $10,000. I will double your upfront fee. If the transaction does not close, I will get half of the money you put into escrow. You get the other half.

This is a no lose for you. If it is a scam, you save half your upfront fee. If it isn't a scam, you get all of your money plus double your upfront fee back in return.

Want to do it?

JINXR

Reaction score
I wasn't questioning his statement that it's a scam, I was just asking so I understood why he thought it was a scam. Like I said in my OP, I have practically no knowledge of how to sell this. That means I have no idea what it's worth or what they go for typically. I set the price at 10k based on what a friend told me.

But it turns out, the guy wasn't a scammer. He's actually interested in buying it and even wanted to barter some to make up the difference.

If you guys think 10k is unreasonable, then what can I sell it for?

JINXR

Reaction score
I will prove it to you. This so called buyer will ask you to make a payment of at least $500 (more like $1000 or more) before you do anything else. They may say it's a closing fee. Or, some other type of fee. Whatever that amount is, let's put the money into a licensed and bonded title company. Then, tell the person that you want to put their upfront money into escrow until the funds can be dispersed to your bank account through a licensed and bonded title company.

If the title closes and you receive $10,000. I will double your upfront fee. If the transaction does not close, I will get half of the money you put into escrow. You get the other half.

This is a no lose for you. If it is a scam, you save half your upfront fee. If it isn't a scam, you get all of your money plus double your upfront fee back in return.

Want to do it?

It wasn't anything like that. It was just a local guy interested in buying it and wondering how flexible I am on the price. He's going to look into what they're going for and get back with me.

JINXR

Reaction score
You will have to register to see "completed" auction, yes ebay does require a credt card valdation to register

This link shows 279 auctions in the last 30 days on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Real-Estate...t=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=15&_dmd=1&_ipg=200

keep in mind red final price = no sale

Its sorted from lowest price

#2 $.50 18,000 Points (# 1 was a classified ad for 10 cents)
# 200 $ 31.02 12,000 Points

Why are those selling for so cheap?

The best I can get out of this membership is $1???? :eek:

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wasn't questioning his statement that it's a scam, I was just asking so I understood why he thought it was a scam. Like I said in my OP, I have practically no knowledge of how to sell this. That means I have no idea what it's worth or what they go for typically. I set the price at 10k based on what a friend told me.

But it turns out, the guy wasn't a scammer. He's actually interested in buying it and even wanted to barter some to make up the difference.

I know you don't know what is happening. That is why you are here. What we have described on this thread is the typical scam to get your upfront fee. Just don't pay anyone an upfront fee and get as much as you can.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It wasn't anything like that. It was just a local guy interested in buying it and wondering how flexible I am on the price. He's going to look into what they're going for and get back with me.

Boy, that's too bad. When he finds out what those resales go for, there goes your $10K down the crapper.

If he's feeling charitable, he might go a grand and pay the transfer fees. If not you'll have to pay him to take it.

On eBay, looking at completed auctions, lots went unsold for even $1. I saw a few sales for $1 to $62.

Good luck!

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why are those selling for so cheap?

The best I can get out of this membership is $1???? :eek:

You might have to pay the transfer fees to get out of the ongoing maintenance fees

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Not every offer to buy a timeshare is a scam.

If someone knows that the resort charges $20,000, he may think $10,000 is a bargain.

My question is, is this guy a friend or co-worker? If he is and you sell it for any real money that friendship will not last when he finds out the real score.

There are people paying tens of thousand of dollars for timeshares so to find someone willing to pay $10,000 is not a stretch.

As mentioned earlier, if he does his research, your sale is kaput. If he changes his tune and starts asking for closing fees from you upfront, run as fast as you can.

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score

I believe Bocabum stated that it was a scam because *I BELIEVE from my communication with him ** that he is a broker that sells bluegreen points and the amount is higher than what they sell for resale. There are a lot of scammers out there who try to take advantage of timeshare owners. I would say if you go through with this tread carefully. and good luck :)

Destoriesair

Reaction score
[Deleted]

[Advertising is not permitted in the discussion forums, and sadly, you will be lucky to give away your timeshare. It isn't worth anywhere near 5K on the resale market. Please go back and carefully read the posts in this thread. - DeniseM Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator: