• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I gave away my Sudwala Units

glenmore

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had followed many of the discussions on divesting ourselves of South African Timeshares. Several years ago, I successfully gave back one unit to Sudwala and gave back my two Durban Sands units.

I had three Sudwala units left that I had always been happy with. But, as Tuggers know, things can change and we decided to just get down to our two beach weeks - one at Myrtle Beach and one at OBX.

I contacted Sudwala, and as noted in an earlier post, they no longer accepted units back. They put me in contact with their sales department and I listed them there. I also took the good advice offered here and listed them for sale in the MarketPlace under Bargain Basement, and also on the Bargain Deals under Buying, Selling Renting.

I believe I placed the ads the end of January of this year. The beginning of March I was contacted by a buyer. I started the transfer proceedings the beginning of March and, less than 4 weeks later, that unit had been transferred.

Several weeks later, I was contacted by another buyer who wanted the two remaining units and, again, about 4 weeks later, the two units had been successfully transferred.

I assumed "all" of the cost which amounted to about $80 each transfer. I did not ask for, nor receive, any money for the units. I had great use out of them and was happy to see them go to buyers who were knowledgeable about Sudwala and who were happy to get them.

I worked with Hannelie de Klerk who could not have been more professional or efficient in the transfer of these units. She answered every question and moved at lightening speed - it seemed to me - to transfer these units. :clap:

I thought the process might take 12 - 18 months and was prepared for the long haul. So I was thrilled when everything proceeded so quickly and so smoothly.

So, just wanted Tuggers to know if you no longer want your Sudwala units, you might be able to transfer them out of your timeshare portfolio as easy as we did!:)

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good for you!

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats and good to know, so thanks for posting.

Were your 'buyers' from SA or elsewhere? Sounds like they were familiar with Sudwala.

glenmore

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Both were here in the US but had plans to use with their families.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Glenmore.