• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Island hopper flights

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to the Big Island beginning June 12, (1 week) Maui (2 weeks) and Kauai (1 week)

Jeff and I are staying the entire time and my 4 grandchildren are meeting us on the Big Island and going over to Maui then returning home. I have all the tickets from the mainland to Hawaii booked.

(Thanks Denise for telling me to get the Alaska Air Card) It worked well.

The first hop from the Big Island to Maui I will need 6 seats and the hop from Maui to Kauai is only 2. I saw the first hop for $105/each and the last hop for $94/each. What kind of fare should I be looking for or are these fares pretty good for Friday and summer months.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
For interisland airfare, the prices only go up. I've never seen any sale prices. If you book really early, you can get some at extra discounts, but only a limited number are available. I book them as soon as I get my resorts booked.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Not only do prices go up, but the most popular times sell out, so there is usually no advantage to waiting.

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
We are local and fly Mokulele Airlines (small 9 seater) from either Kona or Kamuela (Waimea) into Maui (OGG). The prices are very reasonable, no TSA and it is a comfortable flight with the added bonus of sightseeing from Big Island to Maui. You will either come over the top of Haleakala or up the coast of Hana where you will see all of the kite surfers.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I did notice a few years ago when we needed inter-island flights that I did do better waiting a bit. For some reason I knew there had been cheaper flights on the route we needed so I waited for awhile for those prices to be available again. It paid off for us. Unfortunately I don't remember how far out it was.

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
It feels good when you have all your flights booked. One of the reasons for posting the prices is because I always want to know what a reasonable price for airfare is.

Inter island for me and Jeff Maui-Kauai 190.00 total Island Air

Inter island for 6 $315 Hawaiian Air Found a surprise that I had ff miles enough for 3. Kona to Maui

4 kids DFW to KOA returning from OGG $820 per person

Jeff and I SLC to KOA returning from LIH $1150 total with Alaska's companion pass no over night flight. Thanks Denise for this great tip. I was so surprised that I found flights that we didn't need to rent a hotel on the west coast.

Son and spouse SLC to Maui 45,000 ff miles each

This is for next summer June and July. Now I will sit back and relax.

Last edited: