• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

For Dog Lovers Only .... Dog News ....

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some articles to make you smile if you are a dog lover ( and if you are not -- why are you reading this thread ? )

amazing pic's and embedded video .... now if Aviara had a dog pool .. this was my favourite

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2729880/Now-pool-pawty-Puppies-paddle-away-doggy-daycare-center.html

dogs can dine in Calif ...

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_26389391/new-law-allows-dogs-dine-restaurant-patios

surfer dogs

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/aug/22/helen-woodward-dog-surfathon-canine-surf-contest/

Got another good dog thread ... add it on

Greg n Katie

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We've taken our dogs with us for meals several times and never thought it might be against the law. It's always been outdoor and only casual restaurants. The problem with dogs dining out is, IMHO, the owners. Ours are in dog strollers restrained by vests and leashes. I don't like it when owners have their dogs loosely leashed, on their laps unleashed or allow them to bark at everyone.

While we enjoy dinning out with our dogs, I can understand why others wouldn't like it. Much like unruley children, barking, unruley dogs could be a major turn off. Recently I watched a couple who had their dogs with them, unleashed in a chair and barking at everyone that walked by with the owners frequently having to grab them to keep them in place. It irritated me and we weren't even eating there.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We spent a week in July in Ketchum, ID. For those unfamiliar, it's a very upscale place. VERY dog friendly. I don't know of a restaurant- with the possible exception of the Sun Valley Lodge that doesn't welcome dogs. Every place we took our beloved Lowchen, he got a dish of water before we got our drinks. It's that way in the UK and Europe, too. Family is family, 2 legged or 4.

I can see that unruly, or disruptive dogs are a nuisance, but ours is a perfect gentleman- except for a cold nose in the smelly parts. :)

Jim

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I think that it's not technically "against the law" to bring dogs on restaurant patios. Rather, it's against health code guidelines and could possibly result in a negative score for the restaurant. But the dog owners wouldn't be fined or anything.

I looked this up once when I had a dog who had to stay by my side temporarily for his health. I could not leave him alone during that period, it was too risky. Restaurants are all over the board on this. Some allow dogs, others don't. Some have strict rules about where and how the dog can be. They all say "health code this" and "health code that" but contradict each other like crazy.

They have to allow service dogs so it's a bit ridiculous to entirely ban all dogs on patios imo. And think about it: why are dead animals on plates ok but live animals underfoot are not? Crazy.

Last edited:
L

laurac260

I think that it's not technically "against the law" to bring dogs on restaurant patios. Rather, it's against health code guidelines and could possibly result in a negative score for the restaurant. But the dog owners wouldn't be fined or anything.

I looked this up once when I had a dog who had to stay by my side temporarily for his health. I could not leave him alone during that period, it was too risky. Restaurants are all over the board on this. Some allow dogs, others don't. Some have strict rules about where and how the dog can be. They all say "health code this" and "health code that" but contradict each other like crazy.

They have to allow service dogs so it's a bit ridiculous to entirely ban all dogs on patios imo. And think about it: why are dead animals on plates ok but live animals underfoot are not? Crazy.

Maybe it's because my filet mignon has lost its ability to lick it's butt?:ponder:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Mosca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Somehow I can imagine this...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 22

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Maybe it's because my filet mignon has lost its ability to lick it's butt?:ponder:
Well, the actually health risks from dead animals are much higher than from living ones. For example, the chances of getting infected with e coli, salmonella, or another dangerous microbial is much higher from eating animals than from having them lick your face.