• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone got good trades with sudwala lately?

douga

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sudwala weeks used to be great traders(on a par with Durban Sands and a one bdr vs a two bdr) but lately I cannot get anything decent even in Orlando which seems to be the timeshare capital of the world.
Is it about time to dump these weeks?
doug

kewanee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can get Orlando (and did get Houses at Summer Bay last year), but overall, my Sudwalas are now 'dog' traders. boo hoo - same with my Durban Sands.

Gramma5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto!

I can get some "average" trades in off season but not very many. Something has changed...and it has even been upgraded to Silver.

Sherry

Art4th

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently banked my 2009 week with RCI and it doesn't trade anywhere near as well as my 2008 week. I only use it to go to the Poconos every summer so hopefully it will still be good enough for that.

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Door County

My last exchange using a Sudwala week, I took a mid-August week at Little Sweden in Door County, WI. I was very pleased!

jbrunson

TUG Member
Reaction score
I last traded for a 3 BR at Barnsdale Country Club, England June '06, and a 3BR at Smuggler's Notch, VT September '06. I recently had sightings at Banff Rocky Mountain Resort and Elkhorn at the Lodges, AB for June '08 though I didn't take the trades. You be the judge.

Flo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've sent a couple of emails to Niky Watt lately without a reply. Anyone know if she's away?

JEFF H

Reaction score
My 2008 sudwala peak week is a dog trader. The same peak week for 2007 was a very good trader.

Aldo

Reaction score
Yes, through DAE.

RCI gets NONE of my weeks until they change their evil ways and stop looting the Spacebank for rentals.

douga

TUG Member
Reaction score
going to get rid of mine. Contacted Ron at Fairfields but if I knew of someone who wanted to 'adopt' them free and how to go about doing that then i would be happy to do that as well.

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
just looked online at RCI

for a may 08 week with a 1 bed room Sudwala I just got in my bank and pulled 44 resorts in orlando area
check in may 9 for 2 weeks..
not seeing a slow down on my end

try again maybe..

gretel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Via Roma, San Luis Bay Inn
Exchanges

I felt my Sudwalas were dog traders too. I was going to sell them this summer. However, I find that they still pull nice trades through RCI if the dates are far enough out.

My 2008 Sudwala pulled a 2-bedroom at Camaron Cove in FL for New Year's 2008/2009.

My other 2008 pulled a 1-bedroom beachfront at Via Roma in FL for 4th of July 2008.

I just paid levies (mf) for 2009 for the two which was a little over $600US.

Would a want a better trader with these kinds of mfs? Sure! Have I found one? Not yet!

douga

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did notice that the trades are not bad a year or so out so I am reconsidering what to do. Thanks for all the help.

ChuckAK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still A Happy Camper

Haven't actually traded them yet. But, having said that my pink week pulls 47 resorts all over Florida for Jan-Feb 2009 and my Peak week pulls 91. The peak week is my best trader and the pink week pulls nice gold crown resorts in the swing season. Of course, the maintenance fees are the lowest I have. Also, Niky, Ron and now Doreen are excellent to work with. I get better service out of South Africa than I do in the US.

I just hope it doesn't change

catwgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm still happy with my Sudwala. Yes, I may have to work a little harder than before but for the money I still get some good trades. Mauna Loa Village on the Big Island last year, and a Playa Grande in Cabo for this year.