• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

High Country Club - TUG Special Membership

LTTravel

Reaction score
LTTravel, if you dont mind me asking, do you work with HCC, or another developer / in the industry? definitely nice to have you here as a resource :)

Nuevo Vallarta >
http://villalaestancia.com/cms/nuevo-vallarta/2bedroom

Costa Rica >
http://www.reservaconchal.com/
(probably going to be a condo, oceanview = toss up)

I just travel alot. My son, now 17, is looking into getting into the hospitality business and is always checking out new places. I am looking forward to dropping my workload, now 90 hours per week, so that I can travel more.

Kagehitokiri

Reaction score
gotcha. im also looking forward to having more flexibility, for things like space available travel. thats an additional factor for me beyond wanting to see how the clubs im watching expand.

vineyarder

Reaction score
HCC Trial membership extended indefinately

Just as an FYI, it appears that the trial membership has been extended indefinately; the 'expires August 31, 2007' has been removed from the website; unclear from the website whether the trial membership still locks in the current plan rates...

vineyarder

Reaction score
I have not stayed at the properties but I have seen them from the outside. You have just one week to evaluate your membership so remember the following about the destinations if you have not been. The Costa Rica property is in Guanacaste and probably not oceanfront. Costa Rica has two seasons, summer and winter, or dry and wet. Wet season is from May to October and dry from October to May. February to May gets VERY HOT. The best time of the year to go is in January. It is in the dry season but not too hot. If you go in April, you may not like it. Though our summer is their rainy season, the temperatures are actually cooler (high 80's as opposed to the 90's) but it rains nearly every day after 2 PM. The sun rises at 5 AM and you have to plan accordingly. Costa Rica is an activity destination, surfing, visitng the volcano, Zip lines, etc. The beaches are not great swimming beaches or pretty. They are good surfing beaches. There is no night life. Their properties in Puerto Vallarta will be either the Villa la Estancia in Neuvo Vallarta or the Punta Mita property. The Villa la Estancia is a very nice 2 bedroom condo. I saw it when they were building it. Nuevo Vallarta is a "planned" resort area in the middle of the Bay of Banderas, near the airport and about 20 minutes from downtown Puerto Vallarta but an easy drive. There are many restaurants, activities and night life in downtown Puerto Vallarta and some in the area of Nuevo Vallarta. The Punta Mita property I suspect will be very nice home in the Punta Mita development. Remember that this is on the northernmost point of the Bay of Banderas and about a 1 hour drive from downtown Puerto Vallarta. It can be an annoying drive, especially at night. There are not many restaurants or activities in the area. This area is now developing. You can see from the photos that the Playa del Carmen residence is right on the water. Playa del Carmen is not at all like the other Mexican destinations like Cancun, Puerto Vallarta or Cabo. It is a small town with a little European and South American flair(you will be able to spot some speedo's on the men). From your unit you can walk to restaurants and you are right on the beach. The beach is nice but minimal wave activity and not as blue as Cancun. The waves are subdued by the Island of Cozumel which you can see from the home. There are many things to do. If you have been to these destinations this won't be useful to you but I want to make sure you are not disappointed because you are picking the home alone and not the home and location combination.

LTTravel - Thanks for the valuable intel... I will certainly use this info in making our choice!

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Who is Heath? What in the heck is all this about? 2007?
George

I was looking for the really long and bitter thread about the guys who tanked HCC ... but gave up and dumped the LinkIN here .... just an an anniversary gift.

It was funny ( or not ) that LinkIN suggested Heath on my login ...I have no idea how that would happen ... Just made me remember how my travel plans would work with HCC ...oh how times have changed ...

So how did I miss the long thread on members comments when it started to tank all the way thru the slow death ...

A quick help to Carl & Stuart (the 3 of us bought a corp membership and escaped by the narrowest of margins) ....

Greg

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Members who got ripped off should let Heath's employers know of his shady past.

marinskas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Members who got ripped off should let Heath's employers know of his shady past.

What exactly happened here? Just read this thread from the start - everyone was so upbeat about HCC in 2007 and touted how good of a deal this was... Did the whole thing cave? Was this a scam?

jcjl1

TUG Member
Reaction score
What exactly happened here? Just read this thread from the start - everyone was so upbeat about HCC in 2007 and touted how good of a deal this was... Did the whole thing cave? Was this a scam?

Absolutely was a scam. HCC still is in bankruptcy if you can believe it. Heath and his family allegedly (Ha Ha) absconded with personal benefits and the club folded. It did have many wonderful properties but an unworkable business plan.

Former HCC members awaiting final resolution to write off this turkey are quite incensed that Heath and his family have escaped virtually unscathed!

AKTHUE

Reaction score
HCC still is in bankruptcy if you can believe it.

Bankruptcy is its own special kind of scam. It seems to go on forever enriching trustees, lawyers, receivers and accountants until every last dollar is spent, and then miraculously it quickly gets wound up

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea, this was definitely a dark time for TUG...sad story all around (for members)

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Heath loves us ...

Hi

amazing how LinkedIn matches us with people we love .... again and again

Just for old time memories ...

see image

Greg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 7.01.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 7.01.54 PM.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 72

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Interesting that DC is coming back to life again after the housing bust in 2008. I recently received a postcard from Inspirato who has a co-marketing program with AmEx. BTW, why all these DCs are HQed in Denver?

Hi

amazing how LinkedIn matches us with people we love .... again and again

Just for old time memories ...

see image

Greg