• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Making a Reservation on my-vacationclub website

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never made a reservation on the Marriott vacation club website and just tried to do one 13 months out. When I clicked on the week I wanted, it came back and said "request pending" and that an owner services rep would call me to finalize the reservation. Does this mean that the system has that week on hold and that I'll get it? If I had tried to reserve a week inside of 12 months, would it have confirmed the request and prompted me to enter the reservation info?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I've never made a reservation on the Marriott vacation club website and just tried to do one 13 months out. When I clicked on the week I wanted, it came back and said "request pending" and that an owner services rep would call me to finalize the reservation. Does this mean that the system has that week on hold and that I'll get it? If I had tried to reserve a week inside of 12 months, would it have confirmed the request and prompted me to enter the reservation info?

Are you trying to reserve using your Week or DC Points?

The online system doesn't allow booking Weeks in the 13-months Reservation Window (and, to use the 13-mos window you must book multi-consecutive/concurrent Weeks.) There is a link on the website that sends a notice to Owner Services for 13-mos Weeks requests, but as it said in the response, it's only a request that usually doesn't get processed until a rep has time to get to it. Unless you're trying to book a least-demand time period and/or resort, it's best to call in for multi-Weeks consecutive/concurrent Weeks reservations.

Single-Week reservations requested within the 12-mos Reservation Window and all DC Points reservations can be booked online, with instant verification.

Last edited:

bastroum

TUG Member
Reaction score
The system can only make reservations at the 12 month mark. I doubt it reserves the week.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a weeks owner and not in the Destination Club. So, if I try to book within 12 months, it will give me an instant answer if I got it or not? Is there a way to pull up a calendar and see what weeks are available to be booked without actually reserving the week?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm a weeks owner and not in the Destination Club. So, if I try to book within 12 months, it will give me an instant answer if I got it or not? Is there a way to pull up a calendar and see what weeks are available to be booked without actually reserving the week?

Sign in to your account, click on the red "BOOK MY VACATION" button on the top left, then the "Use My Week" link, then follow the correct "Occupy" prompts for your Week(s). If your Reservation Window is open you'll eventually see a calendar with any available check-in dates, and should be able to book online by following those prompts.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
When trying to book at the 12 month window, what is the first day I can try to book that week?

For example, if I want to book a Saturday to Saturday week in 2015, I don't necessarily have to try to book it exactly 12 months earlier to the date, do I? I seem to remember reading somewhere that it's the Tuesday or Thursday, at 9:00 a.m., prior to the week (in 2014) that I want, but I can't find that info.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When trying to book at the 12 month window, what is the first day I can try to book that week?

For example, if I want to book a Saturday to Saturday week in 2015, I don't necessarily have to try to book it exactly 12 months earlier to the date, do I? I seem to remember reading somewhere that it's the Tuesday or Thursday, at 9:00 a.m., prior to the week (in 2014) that I want, but I can't find that info.

A single Week can be booked 12 months in advance of the first available check-in date of a desired interval. Because each resort has its own Seasonal Calendar and they don't all allow check-ins on the same days of the week, and because Leap Years can wreak havoc with the inventory release days, it's best to think of the Release Days as a date and not a day of the week.

Marriott makes it very easy to determine the Release Date for Weeks inventory with this tool: Inventory Release Calendars. Select your resort then input your desired check-in date to get the 12-mos and 13-mos release dates.

**FYI, this link is to dioxide's compilation post of all Marriott Resort Calendars; it's an excellent reference.

Last edited:

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Score!!!

I had very good luck renting out our Canyon Villa 2 BR unit for this year March 15-22. My renters actually followed up on my TUG ad and paid me asking price. I made the reservation online in March 2012.

This year I marked my office OUTLOOK to remind me to log on this morning as well as tomorrow. Of course I ran a bit late this AM so when I finally logged in to my work station, it read 9:02 AM and there was my "reminder". I quickly jumped on MVCI website and of course, no availability. What the heck, I hit "refresh" and low and behold, Fri. March 13, 2015 check-in was available. So at 9:05AM, I received confirmation for my request. Needless to say, I am thrilled. Not sure if we will rent or deposit into II and try to secure 2nd Mexico week - we own EOY in Royal Haciendas. If I deposit, I will lock off. If not, I will rent full Villa which hopefully will cover MF and a week's rental at RH. WEbiste is far less frustrating than phone!