• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Why full points for last-minute?

WazzuCougFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an RCI Points account, and I have been looking at timeshares in Las Vegas to reserve this weekend for my dad, and they all seem to be full price in terms of points. I tried doing a search through the forum to see if this was a glitch with the website or a newer policy, but I can't seem to find anything specific. I thought the units should be reduced to 9,000 points at this late date. I reserved Tahiti Village for 35,200 points for a six night stay.

I'm also having trouble printing the confirmation--the page won't load--but that's a whole other story. lol

Thank you! :)

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an RCI Points account, and I have been looking at timeshares in Las Vegas to reserve this weekend for my dad, and they all seem to be full price in terms of points. I tried doing a search through the forum to see if this was a glitch with the website or a newer policy, but I can't seem to find anything specific. I thought the units should be reduced to 9,000 points at this late date. I reserved Tahiti Village for 35,200 points for a six night stay.

I'm also having trouble printing the confirmation--the page won't load--but that's a whole other story. lol

Thank you! :)

They should be 9,000 + exchange fee. I'd call RCI. Even if you have to pay the extra $10 for a phone ressie, it's worth it. There may also be Last Calls in L.V. for cash, no points required.

WazzuCougFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
They should be 9,000 + exchange fee. I'd call RCI. Even if you have to pay the extra $10 for a phone ressie, it's worth it. There may also be Last Calls in L.V. for cash, no points required.

Thank you, I will give them a call. I had already made the reservation at the higher points because I didn't want it to disappear. (I had looked in Last Call and they don't seem to have anything in Las Vegas beginning with a March check-in at the moment.)

I am having so much trouble printing a confirmation. I've tried three browsers and none will load when the new window pops up. Neither my dad nor I have received a confirmation email about the reservation yet. At least I do have a confirmation number.

Do guest certificates need to be printed somewhere or is it already in the system and the guest just needs to present identification at check-in? I haven't bought one before.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Three things it could be. One it could be a glitch or a mistake. Two it could be a points resort and they don't necessarily discount that inventory. When you booked was it $159 for the week or $209? The $159 points inventory is discounted much less frequently regardless of demand. Third RCI only discounts inventory in the last 30 days for points owners (even at the very last minute) if it thinks there is enough demand. It is similar in weeks. Since I have both I can check and generally if the weeks isn't discounted at 9-10 points or lower than it won't be discounted in points at all. So a week showing for 11-19 tpu's even for this weekend won't have a points discount until it drops at or below 10 in weeks.

I just saw that it was for a 6 day stay. They don't discount partial weeks. It is always the full point value. On top of it they may charge you a housekeeping fee when you check in. Sometime a full week is a better value.

Last edited: