• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2014] Most plausible explanation of mystery of Malasyian Flight 370

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
China Releases Photo of 'Suspicious Objects' Spotted in Sea - from NBCNews.com

China's state news agency has released a photo showing "suspicious objects" spotted on Monday in the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane.

The objects were seen from a Chinese Air Force Ilyushin Il-76 aircraft during its search of the southern Indian Ocean, the Xinhua news agency reported.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why the Search for Flight 370 Was So Difficult - Infographic/ from The Globe and Mail.com

I viewed this on my tablet and was able to 'pinch and zoom'. If you're viewing this on your PC and are having trouble reading the text - try 'Ctrl +' to enlarge the font size (i.e., depress both the Ctrl key and the + key simultaneously).

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Revealed: The Final 54 Minutes of Communication from MH370 - from The Telegraph/ telegraph.co.uk

"EXCLUSIVE: The cockpit communication aboard the missing Malaysia Airlines flight can be revealed, from its taxi on the runway to its final message at 1.19am of 'all right, good night'. The transcript starts at 00.25 with general instructions from the control tower to the pilots. The detailed conversation begins at 00.36. ...

...Analysts said the sequence of messages appeared “perfectly routine”. However two features, they said, stood out as potentially odd. The first was a message from the cockpit at 1.07am, saying the plane was flying at 35,000ft. This was unnecessary as it repeated a message delivered six minutes earlier.

But it occurred at a crucial moment: it was at 1.07am that the plane’s Acars signalling device sent its last message before being disabled some time in the next 30 minutes, apparently deliberately. A separate transponder was disabled at 1.21am but investigators believe the Acars was shut down before Hamid’s final, 1.19am farewell.

The other odd feature, one reason for suspicions that the plane’s disappearance was no accident, was that its loss of communication and subsequent sharp turn west occurred at the handover from air traffic controllers in Kuala Lumpur to those in Ho Chi Minh City.

“If I was going to steal the aeroplane, that would be the point I would do it,” said Stephen Buzdygan, a former British Airways pilot who flew 777s..."

Richard

Last edited:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A local radio talk show host this morning brought up the flight. I'm thinking, what can she add to the mystery? She mentioned that early on, information was out that 2 U.S. retired Navy Seals were present when military cargo was put on the plane, then they left. Later that day there were found dead.
Her guest asked the source for her info (good for him!). She couldn't specifically name it, but said Europe covered it some, but not the U.S. She wondered if there was a connection to the disappearance. For a news media person, I thought she was very unprofessional. Ready to speculate, but she could easily have researched this in advance of her show and present credible material.

Smokatoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
The science behind this was pretty interesting on how they tracked the hypothetical path of the airplane. I am very intrigued though how they announced all 'lives are lost' based this data because its a very black and white statement, everyone is dead. But how do they know no one survived impact and was in a raft at one point? I can see how they assume the plane crashed into the ocean based on the data from satellites even without wreckage and their being nothing out there at all to land on, but to blatantly say everyone died without a shred of evidence is ridiculous.

Also the battery theory is such BS. The plane banked/turned hard, dropped in elevation turned back toward Malaysia and then FLEW 4-6 MORE HOURS TOWARD AUSTRALIA. If a major fire happens, you dont fly for 6 more hours in a completely different direction to the middle of no where. Experienced pilots can find land without all the fancy equipment, so to say they were blindly flying because the fire killed electronics is ridiculous. Now a fire knocking out all crew and passengers? Well a fire that bad with unstable batteries would have likely ignited ALL the batteries and cause an explosion, and THE PLANE WOULD NOT HAVE LASTED 6 MORE HOURS. Everyone wants to talk about the deadly batteries, and how large of a quantity they were, and how explosive they are, yet apparently they are so deadly they just start small fires that can go for 6 hours without downing a plane, and can selectively take out all systems aboard while still allowing the plane to fly... Comon people think this stuff out.

I will say we likely will never know the truth. I dont recall the flight off hand, the one that left NYC I believe and the official cause was the fuel tank exploded. For the first several weeks NY Times had reported fuel tank was ruled out and it was narrowed down to a bomb or missile, then shortly thereafter it was changed back to a fuel tank issue. Flash forward to more recent discussions with John Kerry and the former head of the NTSB about air disasters, and both in separate interviews said that NYC plane was downed by a bomb when listing off various recent air disasters, NEVER CORRECTING THEMSELVES.

Or take Egypts stance on the flight that was suicided into the ocean just before 9/11. Its been proven without a doubt that it was an intentional suicide dive by the co-pilot, but Egypt calls it a mechanical failure. Shady world we live in.

Last edited:

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Am I the only person here that finds it just a bit odd that all media outlets have now determined that the aircraft has crashed into the ocean, and all aboard are dead? Yet, no one has pulled a single piece of aircraft out of the water. Are ships even at the site of the "debris", yet?

The media outlets were not the ones that determined the aircraft crashed into the ocean. They're just reporting the official word from the Malaysian government. It appears the Malaysian government came to that conclusion after some complex satellite and other data examination by multiple governments including the British, China, Malaysia and probably the US. They probably wouldn't have made that official statement considering it doesn't look like they've actually pulled any debris from the ocean unless they were say >99% sure. That's a very remote part of the ocean and they've been hampered by some pretty heavy seas and severe weather.

Now, it's up to you to believe they're lying to us which would require a conspiracy across multiple governments.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now, it's up to you to believe they're lying to us which would require a conspiracy across multiple governments.

With due respect, you draw your conclusions in a very odd fashion.

• First, I never suggested they're lying.
  • Second, I never suggested a conspiracy.
  • Third, I have always and still do believe your original post and thus Goodfellow's theory was just the opposite of this threads title. That is, I've always felt a mechanical failure, given even the earliest information provided, in the absence of a distress call was the absolute least likely scenario.
  • Fourth, I find it odd that the outcome has been determined when not a single piece of evidence has yet to be recovered. I also find it odd that it took over two weeks to draw this conclusion.
  • Fifth, see #2.

Last edited:

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
With due respect, you draw your conclusions in a very odd fashion.

• First, I never suggested they're lying.
  • Second, I never suggested a conspiracy.
  • Third, I have always and still do believe your original post and thus Goodfellow's theory was just the opposite of this threads title. That is, I've always felt a mechanical failure, given even the earliest information provided, in the absence of a distress call was the absolute least likely scenario.
  • Fourth, I find it odd that the outcome has been determined when not a single piece of evidence has yet to be recovered. I also find it odd that it took over two weeks to draw this conclusion.
  • Fifth, see #2.

I never said you thought they were lying.

When it comes to your point #2, all the theories you posted and chose to believe in REQUIRED a conspiracy. You can say you never suggested a conspiracy, but that's just not true.

When it comes to Goodfellow's theory, that's one of the few out there that I've seen that doesn't require some sort of conspiracy.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, the authorities say they have the search area narrowed down to about the size of Alaska. And now to tow a listening device to within a couple of surface miles of the as yet unknown wreckage site. Oh, in the next couple of weeks before the pingers quit pinging. Then to do a deep water recovery of the recorders that may yield no clues except that the plane ran out of fuel.

I don't see any closure here anytime soon- if ever.

Jim

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I still do not believe they have found this plane. At the point where they have found debris the pilot could have return safely to the airport or sent out a SOS call.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they find the box, and I believe they will soon, there will be closure. If they don't find the box then it will be a tough case to solve.

Edit: I still think the focus should be on the pilot.

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Source: Flight 370's Altitude Dropped After Sharp Turn - By Sara Sidner, Catherine E. Shoichet and Evan Perez, CNN / cnn.com

"As a growing number of airplanes scoured the southern Indian Ocean in the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, authorities released new details that paint a different picture of what may have happened in the plane's cockpit.

Military radar tracking shows that the aircraft changed altitude after making a sharp turn over the South China Sea as it headed toward the Strait of Malacca, a source close to the investigation into the missing flight told CNN. The plane flew as low as 12,000 feet at some point before it disappeared from radar, according to the source.

The sharp turn seemed to be intentional, the source said, because executing it would have taken the Boeing 777 two minutes -- a time period during which the pilot or co-pilot could have sent an emergency signal if there had been a fire or other emergency onboard..."

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Satellite Company Says It Predicted Missing Plane's Location 10 Days Ago - By PAOLO MARENGHI and MIKE TREW / ABCNews.com

" A British satellite company said today that it had indications that the missing Malaysia Airlines plane may have crashed into the Indian Ocean as early as two days after the plane's disappearance.

The search for the jetliner did not move into the Indian Ocean until more than a week after the plane vanished in the middle of the night from Malaysian airspace on March 7.

"This is very troubling, just thinking of the time wasted and what was ever on the water moving farther away," said ABC News consultant Tom Haueter, a former National Transportation Safety Board investigator.

Inmarsat, the maker of satellites, told ABC News that they had an "initial idea" on March 9 and by March 10 were "fairly certain" that the search parties should look in the south Indian Ocean for the vanished plane..."

Richard

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never said you thought they were lying.

When it comes to your point #2, all the theories you posted and chose to believe in REQUIRED a conspiracy. You can say you never suggested a conspiracy, but that's just not true.

When it comes to Goodfellow's theory, that's one of the few out there that I've seen that doesn't require some sort of conspiracy.

Look, you wrote: Now, it's up to you to believe they're lying to us which would require a conspiracy across multiple governments.

Tell me, what does this imply?

Where in my theory did I suggest someone was lying? The pilot and possibly the copilot conspiring amongst themselves, indeed. But where is the lie in this?

I'm afraid you've confused my theory that the pilot commandeered the aircraft, possibly with the aide of someone else such as the copilot, with someone lying, or conspiring to me.

You would be mistaken, just as you are in buying into the theory that the aircraft suffered a mechanical event. And no, I don't think you're a conspiracy theorist for believing that. ;)

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The science behind this was pretty interesting on how they tracked the hypothetical path of the airplane. I am very intrigued though how they announced all 'lives are lost' based this data because its a very black and white statement, everyone is dead. But how do they know no one survived impact and was in a raft at one point? I can see how they assume the plane crashed into the ocean based on the data from satellites even without wreckage and their being nothing out there at all to land on, but to blatantly say everyone died without a shred of evidence is ridiculous.
Even if someone survived the impact and made it to a life raft they would have perished (likely in a far more uncomfortable way) in the middle of the Indian Ocean from cold or dehydration by now so with the confidence that they have calculated a route, that the route meant the plane ran out of fuel and that it ditched into the ocean and nothing was there to pull anyone out of the water it is sadly simple calculus that all lives are lost.
Even in warm summer coastal ocean water the body goes hypothermic fairly quickly, in a number of hours. In the middle of a cold Indian ocean that is minutes.
Also the battery theory is such BS. The plane banked/turned hard, dropped in elevation turned back toward Malaysia and then FLEW 4-6 MORE HOURS TOWARD AUSTRALIA. If a major fire happens, you dont fly for 6 more hours in a completely different direction to the middle of no where. Experienced pilots can find land without all the fancy equipment, so to say they were blindly flying because the fire killed electronics is ridiculous. Now a fire knocking out all crew and passengers? Well a fire that bad with unstable batteries would have likely ignited ALL the batteries and cause an explosion, and THE PLANE WOULD NOT HAVE LASTED 6 MORE HOURS. Everyone wants to talk about the deadly batteries, and how large of a quantity they were, and how explosive they are, yet apparently they are so deadly they just start small fires that can go for 6 hours without downing a plane, and can selectively take out all systems aboard while still allowing the plane to fly... Comon people think this stuff out.
I'm sure I'll read this battery theory in a few minutes, but I'm sticking with my theory that the flight deck crew reprogrammed the FMS with the climb, descent and new route, donned their air masks and turned off the cabin air system to asphyxiate the cabin crew and pax.
Then something in their plan went wrong and they did not turn the air system back on in time to prevent their cockpit air tanks running out and asphixiated themselves leaving everyone on the plane dead / unconcious.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they find the box, and I believe they will soon, there will be closure. If they don't find the box then it will be a tough case to solve.

Edit: I still think the focus should be on the pilot.

I don't think there will ever be closure and a true understanding of why the plane flew in silence for 6-7 hours to one of the remotest areas on Earth. My understanding is that the black boxes only record the last couple of hours before getting overwritten. If that's the case, even if they do recover them in time, the information on them may just be a couple hours of silence and flying in a straight line until fuel was exhausted.

This one is going to be one of the classics for the conspiracy theorists to clammer on about for years and years to come.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, the authorities say they have the search area narrowed down to about the size of Alaska. And now to tow a listening device to within a couple of surface miles of the as yet unknown wreckage site. Oh, in the next couple of weeks before the pingers quit pinging. Then to do a deep water recovery of the recorders that may yield no clues except that the plane ran out of fuel.

I don't see any closure here anytime soon- if ever.

Jim
Great quote from the Australian Military. We have narrowed it down to the haystack, now we have to find the needle.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that the black boxes only record the last couple of hours before getting overwritten. If that's the case, even if they do recover them in time, the information on them may just be a couple hours of silence and flying in a straight line until fuel was exhausted.

It's probable that they won't contain the pilot conversation (two hours), but there's a lot more useful data that they record - much longer than two hours. Speed, altitude, engine power, and flight controls are all monitored. Also, there are two boxes.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is an interesting image

article-2588508-1C8D627500000578-401_634x667.jpg

It really shows that the point have discovered debris is where the satellite arc meets the 6-7 hours of fuel / flying time of the aircraft.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Look, you wrote: Now, it's up to you to believe they're lying to us which would require a conspiracy across multiple governments.

Tell me, what does this imply?

Where in my theory did I suggest someone was lying? The pilot and possibly the copilot conspiring amongst themselves, indeed. But where is the lie in this?

I'm afraid you've confused my theory that the pilot commandeered the aircraft, possibly with the aide of someone else such as the copilot, with someone lying, or conspiring to me.

You would be mistaken, just as you are in buying into the theory that the aircraft suffered a mechanical event. And no, I don't think you're a conspiracy theorist for believing that. ;)

You believed that the pilot commandeered the aircraft and landed it safely somewhere. Now, how would that be possible unless a major conspiracy was afoot?

As far as my statement, it was a simple If Then statement. IOW, If you believe that the plane didn't crash in the Indian Ocean, Then you believe we're being lied to. I didn't say that's what you believe and, thus, I didn't say that you said they were lying.

Is this how you finally admit you were wrong?

Last edited:

Smokatoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is an interesting image

article-2588508-1C8D627500000578-401_634x667.jpg

It really shows that the point have discovered debris is where the satellite arc meets the 6-7 hours of fuel / flying time of the aircraft.

Awesome graphic. Please explain a fire happening at point 2, and then the plane flys that much longer all the way to the projected end point, not happening. It made way too many turns after point 2 not to be intentional

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You believed that the pilot commandeered the aircraft and landed it safely somewhere. Now, how would that be possible unless a major conspiracy was afoot?

As far as my statement, it was a simple If Then statement. IOW, If you believe that the plane didn't crash in the Indian Ocean, Then you believe we're being lied to. I didn't say that's what you believe and, thus, I didn't say that you said they were lying.

Is this how you finally admit you were wrong?

How many weapons of mass destruction how we found in that country that the USA invaded after 9/11 ?

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Awesome graphic. Please explain a fire happening at point 2, and then the plane flys that much longer all the way to the projected end point, not happening. It made way too many turns after point 2 not to be intentional

Exactly, overlaid on the geographical map it looks like this was a well planned route that took the 'craft along a line between all the landmasses and out to see while avoiding radar detection.

I think the crew had planned this route and punched all of it into the FMS (will be interesting to see if the content of the FMS can be recovered in time)

Then asphyxiated themselves, then the FMS executed the plan until it ran out of plan and then ran out of fuel.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Then asphyxiated themselves, then the FMS executed the plan until it ran out of plan and then ran out of fuel.

Thanks for the graphic. Very helpful in trying to get a grasp on this.
If above scenario is true, serves the perpetrators right. So sad for the passengers, but hopefully most of them were sleeping anyway, since it was a red-eye. I hope they did not suffer, but they probably woke up when they couldn't get a breath. Don't know how that works.
And where are people thinking plane was most likely headed? May be on this thread, but too hard to go back.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exactly, overlaid on the geographical map it looks like this was a well planned route that took the 'craft along a line between all the landmasses and out to see while avoiding radar detection.

If that graphic is accurate, this would seem to be the most logical explanation to date.