• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Spring booking at Canyon Villas

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, the rat race of trying to book a spring week at Canyon Villas is well underway. Last year we used our points to book our week - to avoid having to be on our computer at 9 AM - and risk not getting in to the week we want. We pretty much broke even - had an extra few left. However, this year we were reminded that even though we bought Platinum - not all Platinum is equal under the points system. Even though we own Platinum, we would have to fork over an extra 1200 points - almost half again our points - to stay during one of the March or early April weeks. So, that is a no go - not going to use all the extra points to stay in the season I already bought. I understand there is a bit of a mark up when you use points - but this is a huge mark up. Tried to get on first thing this AM to book our week but got tied up at work and was a few minutes late - everything is already gone for all of February, March, and early April - and January is tougher to do for us. Ho - hum - what to do now.............

I know other Marriott properties have split the original seasons for the points program - but are any of them that big of a difference - half again the points to stay a different week in the same season? I know they would argue you shouldn't use your points to stay in your season - but, at properties that book up instantly, that may be your only choice. Very frustrating to say the least - as I am not one that waits until the last minute to book. I just have other things going on in my life - like work - that sometimes prevents me from being on the computer and/or phone at 9 AM on the dot.

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
In mid march February was pretty open but I was on at 9:00 on the dot and I was only able to get s studio for a check in of march 15th.

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at Canyon Villas too - which weeks are the really high demand ones? We like to go towards end of April because the golf is cheaper then and we have never had to be on the phone at 9 on the dot. Is it the spring training season or Easter weeks?

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own single CV week and I was able log on and book March 15 week Check in 2 years running. I rented this Year's week and will most likely do same with 2015 week. Spring training Cactus League is desirable time in desert southwest.

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I find that Spring Training time and the Easter week are always tough - no matter when the Easter week falls. Easter week may be even tougher when it falls earlier and coincides with Spring Training - but it has always been one of those weeks that if you can't be on right at 9 AM - you have no chance of getting it. There was even a time that I was on at 9 AM, but the MVCI system was running slow and eventually froze - when I tried to call in at 5 past the hour, it was already too late.