• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cafe Portofino, Kauai

thheath

TUG Member
Reaction score
The wife and I had a very nice Italian dinner this evening at Cafe Portofino, next to the Marriott in Lihue.

Here are a few photos, many of you will recognize the scenery.

Ted

PS: Pomodoro's in Kalaheo closed in January.

thheath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes it is; normally we eat Dukes when we have visitors and they are departing that evening. Pleasant experience with the view and close to the airport.

It's our first time eating at Cafe Portofino and the food and service was excellent.

dive-in

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
We usually connect via HNL but this time we are taking a late flight to LAX. Good idea for Italian before the flight home. I hear carbs make you sleepy. Add a bottle of wine and it's a short flight back to the mainland!! :zzz:

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
How's the weather been? We're coming next Saturday and have a unit at Hanalei Bay Resort. I thought it would be a nice change to stay on the north shore. Now I'm worried about rain and looking at retrades to one of the Marriotts. Am I driving myself crazy for no reason? Or will we be disappointed and wet on the north side?

Deb

thheath

TUG Member
Reaction score
what's with "the wife?" If hubby ever referred to me in such manner, I'd probably "slap him silly." Just sayin' .. . . .

There was no disrepect intended also she knows I'd enjoy the cough cough, slapping.

:)

Last edited:

thheath

TUG Member
Reaction score
How's the weather been? We're coming next Saturday and have a unit at Hanalei Bay Resort. I thought it would be a nice change to stay on the north shore. Now I'm worried about rain and looking at retrades to one of the Marriotts. Am I driving myself crazy for no reason? Or will we be disappointed and wet on the north side?

Deb

I live in Kalaheo (South Shore) and it been windy and a little cool in the evening.

I think Hanalei will be fine except as with most of Hawaii, the Norths Shores have been getting a lot of large waves this season. You might have to go to Poipu to snorkel if that interests you.

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I live in Kalaheo (South Shore) and it been windy and a little cool in the evening.

I think Hanalei will be fine except as with most of Hawaii, the Norths Shores have been getting a lot of large waves this season. You might have to go to Poipu to snorkel if that interests you.

We're OK with a bit of driving. But I think I'll still take the retrade if it comes up. I appreciate your reassurance. :)

gvic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Larry Rivera Kauai "Loves You"

If you ever have the opportunity to "enjoy" the "wunderful" sounds of Larry Rivera (Kauai's Favorite Son) ..... try to have dinner on Wednesday nights and enjoy "Sounds of Hawaii".

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you ever have the opportunity to "enjoy" the "wunderful" sounds of Larry Rivera (Kauai's Favorite Son) ..... try to have dinner on Wednesday nights and enjoy "Sounds of Hawaii".

Are you saying that Larry Rivera is at the Cafe' Portofino on Wednesday's in PoiPu??

gvic

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's correct. If you arrive between 5-6pm. Cafe Portofino offers 25% dinner discount on the 2nd entree. Say "hi" to Larry Rivera and "congratulate" Him on the new developers resurrecting the "infamous" COCO PALMS. Larry has alot of history on Kauai and Coco Palms .... he is referred to as KAUAI's FAVORITE SON and MR. COCO PALMS. Checkout his latest song Kamalani on Utube ..... at age 83 .... experience Him while you can.

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you thheath: we will be in Poipu in September for the first time. I will definitely recommend the Portofino Cafe' to our friends and suggest we enjoy Larry R. Thanks for the information. The pictures were beautiful. Should we call ahead for such a lovely view?