• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

iPhone dropped in water HELP!

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can try sending it to these guys. They saved my sons phone last year after he took his in the lake with him. Have also used them for other used them for other repairs.

Gary

http://www.gophermods.com

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Talk to Squaretrade last night. They say it's covered but there is $100 deductible. That was what the phone cost with a new contract anyway! But we are not currently eligible for new contract yet. However I think I'm going to invest in one of those OtterBox waterproof cases for him to avoid this in the future!

That means the unsubsidized price is probably $499. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Those OtterBox cases cost I think $60 and they're big and bulky.

The awesome thing about smartphones and the iPhone is that when something like this happens or when you get a new phone your transfer of data is a piece of cake with iCloud or computer backups. Back in the old days transferring contacts to a new phone used to be a royal pain in the arse and if you lost or damaged your phone then you lost all of your contacts too.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
This one is just a scientifically proven fact of life... sounds like the OP's spouse had this problem?? :)

iphone-in-the-toilet.jpg

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
That means the unsubsidized price is probably $499. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Those OtterBox cases cost I think $60 and they're big and bulky...

The OtterBox case is probably water "tight" but not waterproof. It's very good to prevent damage to the phone when it hits the concrete.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
The OtterBox case is probably water "tight" but not waterproof. It's very good to prevent damage to the phone when it hits the concrete.

I've got OtterBox and it's great. A better protection case I had for my previous iPhone is from Griffon (and while not watertight, it has covers for all sides of the phone, unlike OtterBox).

Sent from my iPad

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
...it has covers for all sides of the phone, unlike OtterBox)...

Do you mean the face of the phone is exposed? The OBox has a thick plastic screen protector that itself is extremely rugged. It also has a clip on cover with belt fastener.

I've dropped my OBox numerous times and it almost bounces off the pavement. I'll take the bulk any day over the cosmetic cases that afford no protection to the phone.

My DW and son have their iPhones encased in "Ghost Armor". This is good stuff that really protects the phone from scratches and incidental liquids.
My DW then uses a "high fashion chick case" to afford some level of additional protection.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Do you mean the face of the phone is exposed? The OBox has a thick plastic screen protector that itself is extremely rugged. It also has a clip on cover with belt fastener.

No, the Griffon case covers everything, including the lens and power slots etc. The OtterBox is a lot lighter and not as thick, and for general use I like it better since it's smaller. Since you mention the belt clip let me note that I have had two of the plastic belt clips break in the last year - in fact, the second just broke a few weeks ago and I need to replace it. Last time I just bought a new case, this time I discovered that the company will replace it under warranty (I just need to remember to take a picture of the broken belt clip and submit the form...which I should do today!). Even so, it's one of the best cases available, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad

macko420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well good news for now at least! We tried it out about an hour ago and of course it needed to be charged. We cautiously plugged it in as we were worried about adding electricity to wet battery, etc!! Just checked on it and it is charging and I was able to use it too!! I am optimistic that we saved it! I guess time will tell! Thanks for all the tips! :whoopie:

HatTrick

Reaction score
Nano coating is very cool. I believe there's at least one company offering to apply it to any device.

Apparently, not everyone thinks so. (See page 1 of this thread.)

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apparently, not everyone thinks so. (See page 1 of this thread.)

I didn't say it's not cool. I'd actually like most phones to be treated with it out of the box like the Moto G.

All I was pointing out was that the one high profile test that liquipel had they ended up failing.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I didn't say it's not cool. I'd actually like most phones to be treated with it out of the box like the Moto G.

All I was pointing out was that the one high profile test that liquipel had they ended up failing.

It is very cool! Whether it works or not is a totally different question. ;)

Sent from my iPad

Sattva

TUG Member
Reaction score
Otter boxes can drive u crazy. Some r difficult to handle and annoying..

Some home insurance companies cover electronics.