• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

John Chase

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear of John's death. I knew he had health challenges the past few years, but did not realize he was as ill as he was.

I enjoyed meeing John and his family on one of their trips to Las Vegas. He was a man who truly enjoyed family, travel, and having a good time.

Fern

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
My condolences to his family. John was a great guy and he will be missed.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Such sad news. My sympathies to John's family and hope they find strength in good memories. He will be missed here very much.

sun&fun

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Very sad to hear of this. I wasn't aware that he had been ill and it was helpful to see the obituary. He will be missed by many including his TUG family.

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
R.I.P. John ~ my condolences to the family.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
My condolences to his family.

Allan, thank you for sharing the obituary. It gave a life story and face to timeos2.

He will be missed.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
We've been busy with out of town guests the last few days, so I didn't get this sad news until today.

I'm so sorry to hear about John's passing. I only knew him electronically through TUG, but I was always impressed with his knowledge of our somewhat arcane subject matter here and his willingness to share it with others. As a TUG volunteer he was always steady and reliable and the lack of his presence and participation will leave a gaping hole that will be hard to fill.

R.I.P., John, you will truly be missed.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We've been busy with out of town guests the last few days, so I didn't get this sad news until today.

I'm so sorry to hear about John's passing. I only knew him electronically through TUG, but I was always impressed with his knowledge of our somewhat arcane subject matter here and his willingness to share it with others. As a TUG volunteer he was always steady and reliable and the lack of his presence and participation will leave a gaping hole that will be hard to fill.

R.I.P., John, you will truly be missed.

Yes - another of the TUG "grizzled vets" passes on.

It's funny how in a site such as this you can get to "know" someone well whom you have never actually met. And surprisingly, for me the fact that we never actually met in person can make the sense of loss even more acute. It's as if there was a part of the relationship that was never filled, and now will always be incomplete.

Farewell, John.

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so very sad to hear of John's passing. For many years, he has been such an integral part of our TUG community. I enjoyed reading his posts, and learning from his TS wisdom. RIP John.

Dori

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
Prayers go out to John's Family at this time. He will be missed.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I'm just catching up on my timeshare reading and was saddened to read this update. RIP John. Prayers to his family and friends.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well said, Stu. It's the end of an era.

John Chase embodied uncommon intelligence & unfailing integrity. His manner & disposition were always even & steady, in person & here on TUG & specially on the Yahoo internet group for Cypress Pointe, where his responses were patient & respectful even when the messages he was responding to were the opposite. He faced difficulties square on without complaint, even his prolonged struggle against cancer & its long, grueling aftermath. He offered practical advice & help about timeshares & computers to all who asked in person & via internet. He was a straight talker, not a smooth talker. He was diligent & responsible & hard working. Once you got to know him, he was open about his enthusiasm for his preferred sports teams & his favorite rock & roll band, his affection for his family & his pets, & his preferences about software & timeshare systems. For people who were willing to learn, he was willing to teach. John led by example. Being with him in person was a rewarding pleasure. His death fills me with sadness.

When I asked about it 1 time, John decoded his TUG-BBS user name, timeos2. He said it stands for 2 of his favorite things -- timeshares & the OS2 computer operating system. Makes sense to me.

John's sister provided a link to his obituary. Click here for that.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

And also very well said Alan. Thanks for sharing the story about how he chose his name. I recall he mentioned OS2 a few times but didn't get the connection there.

I'll miss timeos2 on TUG.

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
TUG Volunteer

It is especially sad to those here at TUG when we lose a "friend" who was also a volunteer moderator.

I really appreciate those who provide much needed services here; who share with the rest of us and willingly help those who don't understand or need assistance. THANK YOU, John - you will be missed by many whom you never met but appreciated your advice and assistance!

Our prayers are with your family......to hold onto those precious and special memories......

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I am so sorry to hear this -- R.I.P. John Chase.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
So sorry to hear this - RIP John.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
so sorry to hear this

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
RIP John. You'll be missed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
RIP John. You will be missed

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
John will certainly be missed here on Tug. It's volunteers like him who help the rest of us learn the ins-and-outs of timesharing.

My condolences to his family.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this tonight after being away for a few days. I've truly enjoyed his posts and will really miss him.

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
And he was only 63!

My condolences to the family.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about John (TUG member: timeos2). He'll be missed.

Thanks for posting his username.

Sorry to hear he has passed. Even sorrier to read that he was very sick for a long time.

Regarding him logging in.... anyone could be using his computer and he could have it set to auto log himself him. They may or may not even be looking at the site. Send a PM and see who it is.