• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Points Resort Advice

wheniwasyoung

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
It looks like I will be selling my Gold Crown / RCI Points Resort. We have owned at this resort for the last 12 years and I have (in my mind) successfully used our RCI Points Program several times a year since buying it. I am a small business owner and usually only travel last minute so the "reduced" points option has worked well for us.
My motivation on getting rid of this unit is for two reasons. Get out of the high maintenance fees and getting out of the "no ressies around Disney area restriction".
Am I dreaming to think that I can find a RCI Points resort that has at least 50,000 points per year for $500 maintenance fees and is there any resorts that have a buy back program so in a few years when the maintenance fees get high I will have an easier time getting rid of it?
Let me also add that I have been a TUG member for years and bought the timeshare that I am selling for a very minimal "investment" simply because of finding and frequenting this site. I thank all of you for all your comments and input over the years. Even though I may disagree with some of your opinions, I truly appreciate all of your comments.
Thanks in advance for your help.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I own at two resorts that meet this requirement. Sedona Pines and Oakmont Resort (Pigeon Forge, TN).

I own an every year week at Sedona Pines and two every other year (making two weeks every year). Amount of points isn't the same for each week (although MF are).

I get a total of 144,500 RCI points each year. I believe it's 52,500 for one of the Sedona weeks, 44,000 for the other Sedona week and 49,000 for the Tennessee week.

I pay $405 per year MF for Tennessee and under $500 for each of the Sedona weeks.

tikicarver

TUG Member
Reaction score
another data point
a Moorea unit (1br) in Tahiti Village in Vegas is worth 42,700 pts
MF is currently $390

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
There's one on ebay now... 86k points for $650 MFs