• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Skymed experience? Can't find reviews.

Gussie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seriously considering purchasing an annual plan to cover emergency air transport home in case of critical illness.
I am trying to do my homework because the cost is about $400 year but can't find much on them either positive or negative.
Anyone have any experience with their service or know someone who has?
Thanks.

Cabocathie

Reaction score
Reply Gussie Re SkyMed

see survivor stories - testimonials from people who have been evacuated at skymed.com/cathiesmith

Gussie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was looking at Skymed in particular because we are Royal Resorts members and there is a benefit; Skymed offers a member discount and RR gives you points. However if there is a similar service that is better or less expensive we would go with that. Thanks for the other suggestions. I'll take a look at them.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Have you looke at Vacation Guard timeshare travel insurance? You buy a plan based on the number of timeshare weeks you own, and it covers you for all timeshare trips for one year. We own 7 weeks and pay $99 a year. It includes $100,000 in medical evacuation coverage, in addition to other coverage.

It's the TS Travel insurance that Marriott and Starwood sell, and that give me some confidence that it's reputable. However, I wouldn't buy it from Starwood or Marriott, because then the policy is limited to that system only.

Gussie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions.
It looks like Travel Guard provides the coverage we need at the lowest price.

Still interested in first- or second-hand experiences actually making claims....

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seriously considering purchasing an annual plan to cover emergency air transport home in case of critical illness.

I have no experience with med evac insurance, though we have been considering it as we age. Before you invest in a policy (especially a general policy with broad coverage), though, I would suggest you ask specific questions about what is included in the coverage. For example, in the case of critical illness, would the policy cover evacuation to your home or just to the nearest appropriate medical facility? Would transport be by air, or would a less expensive mode be authorized if available and adequate? It might be worth examining WHO makes the decision about evacuation too...the local treating physician and/or the insurer, and what say might you/your traveling companions have in the decision?

Maybe all you are interested in is having some basic coverage, and don't really care too much about the details...you just want to be taken care of in an emergency. But if you really want to be transported home in a medical emergency, I would ask some questions so you get what you want, should you or a traveling companion become critically ill.