• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2015 ] RCI resorts and horses

Lborneke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Las Vegas
Tahiti Village, Las Vegas
Hello everyone,

I have recently fallen into a group that likes to take their horses around the country to trail ride. Are there any RCI resorts that will allow someone to bring their own horses for trail riding?

Thanks much,

Laura

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
River Ranch has horse back riding.
Not sure if they'd let you bring your own horses but maybe there is a ranch nearby that could house them for you for a few days.
Call them and ask.

http://westgateresorts.com/river-ranch/

Lborneke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Las Vegas
Ok, thank you. That is worth a try.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Shenandoah Crossings in Virginia has an Equestrian Center, have no idea about horse boarding. Nearby at Massanutten also in Virginia has several nearby stables.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
San Diego Country Estates has a large equestrian center and offers boarding to full-time residents of the area. Not sure if they also offer short-term boarding benefits to the timeshare section of the development -- but it is worth asking.

Worldmark's Running Y (Klamath Falls, OR) used to offer short-term boarding when staying on the property. The barn closed for a spell -- not sure if it reopened or continues to offer daily boarding rates.

Wyndham Pagosa (Pagosa Springs, CO) is surrounded by short-term boarding facilities owing to its close proximity to the Parelli Natural Horsemanship Summer Campus. I'm tempted to book a long summer stay at the Wyndham, put my horse up nearby, and attend a few courses! (Of course, if attending the courses, I could also board at the Parelli facility.)

Good luck! (I *love* this topic -- let's see more "horse-friendly" timeshare! Yes!)

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip> Are there any RCI resorts that will allow someone to bring their own horses for trail riding?

I'd be strongly inclined to believe that precious few timeshare facilities, regardless of their exchange company affiliation, would have parking space (or willingness) to have horse trailers stored on property during your period of occupancy. Accordingly, I'm betting that you'd likely need to make boarding arrangements for both Trigger and his / her horse trailer somewhere off site almost everywhere in timeshares. Nonetheless, I wish you luck; sounds like fun if you can swing it.

Last edited:

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I'd be strongly inclined to believe that precious few timeshare facilities, regardless of their exchange company affiliation, would have parking space (or willingness) to have horse trailers stored on property during your period of occupancy. Accordingly, I'm betting that you'd likely need to make boarding arrangements for both Trigger and his / her horse trailer somewhere off site almost everywhere in timeshares. Nonetheless, I wish you luck; sounds like fun if you can swing it.
'Trailer parking' is generally a line-item (specified as either free or fee) of the short-term boarding agreement. They go hand-in-hand. So ... I'd expect to leave the trailer with the horse rather than attempting to park it at the timeshare.

Besides ... that trailer stores all the gear you'll need to groom, care for and tack up the horse. It really wants to be near the horse.

Lborneke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Las Vegas
I agree Rhonda. The trailer should be kept near the horse for reasons of tack, feed, first aid kit, etc. Let me know if you find something that works!

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
TImber Creek?

You might want to look into Timber Creek in DeSoto, Missouri. It is a former Silverleaf property, now part of HIVC. The last time I went there they had a stables and offered trail rides. Don't know if they still do. They also have camping spots, so they would probably have space for a horse trailer. It's a nice spot with a little lake, about an hour from St. Louis.