• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Meridiana Airline

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
I am researching airfare to Italy (Sicily, specifically) for September travel and found very reasonable airfare on Meridiana Airline. Round trip direct flight from JFK to Palermo for $608 per person. Sounds too good to be true especially since all other airlines, including Alitalia, Air France, Delta, Klm run roughly $1,200 per person and that's with a stop over in Rome or Milan.

Anyone ever fly this airline?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am researching airfare to Italy (Sicily, specifically) for September travel and found very reasonable airfare on Meridiana Airline. Round trip direct flight from JFK to Palermo for $608 per person. Sounds too good to be true especially since all other airlines, including Alitalia, Air France, Delta, Klm run roughly $1,200 per person and that's with a stop over in Rome or Milan.

Anyone ever fly this airline?

My post isn't about Meridiana, but may be analogous....

My wife flies to Russia with our daughter about every two years. They are there now.

She had mostly flown via Aeroflot, and on one occasion, a small German airline that had service to Moscow. This year, I went through a bout of unemployment for the first time in my 38 year working life. She had to go to Russia to renew her internal passport, or she may have lost citizenship. Therefore, we were searching for a flight that could fit within out limited budget at the time.

She found a new independent Russian airline with service from LAX to Moscow. Because they were an upstart, they were substantially underselling Aeroflot. With a 5 week lead time, we found RT tickets for about $2K for both of them, when comparable Aeroflot flights were $3K+. She was worried that she had never heard of the airline. Nevertheless, we booked, because we couldn't afford the extra $1K.

Her flight to Moscow went very well, just delayed by about 50 minutes. That may be a risk of fledgling airlines, with the reward being lower fares.

I just looked at Meridiana and it looks like a legit airline to me. I say carefully read any restrictions and surfees, and jump in! Put it on your AmEx so you have some redress if things get ugly.