• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WARNING Don't rent from National Timeshare Help aka NTHC Travel

Pmd1037

Reaction score
National Timeshare Help aka NTHC Travel is not a reputable company and I would avoid them at all costs. I rented a week from them and it was a DISASTER. The place was so noisy that my wife had to try to sleep in the living room to get away from the problem.
They had no alternative accomations to offer and would not compensate me when we had to leave after just 3 nights due to problems at the resort that they knew or should have know existed. Dealing with them has been so frustrating that I have given up trying. Just BEWARE if you deal with this company.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
A little more info., please:

Where did you rent?

Did you research the resort in advance to find out if there were any issues you should be aware of?

Have you rented a timeshare before?

Did you complain to resort management while you were there?

due to problems at the resort that they knew or should have know existed

Note that NTHC does not own the resorts they rent - they are simply an agent for owners who want to rent their timeshares. There is no reason to assume that they knew or should have known that a noise problem existed.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
What resort? Some resorts are noisy. Some guests are just crazy loud, and it's not the fault of the company that finds you the accommodation, it's the fault of the resort for not controlling noisy guests.

What kind of noise? Jumping up and down? Kids above your unit can create terrible problems for sleeping. Believe me, we couldn't take the noise at one of the Marriotts and asked the resort to move us, but they had no other units at all. Calls to the guests above us were of no use. It's really not NTHC's fault.

You have unrealistic expectations of a company that helps to rent timeshares for owners. They have no clout with the resort, no more than you do as a guest.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you contact NTHC to explain the situation before posting here? If so, what was the outcome?

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
My only experience with NHTC was a positive one. I rented a one bedroom at the Marriott Aruba Surf Club a few years ago at a decent price.

They were professional and honest.

No flippancy or sarcasm intended here, however, unsure of any company that has control over the actions of other guests.

JMHO.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Did you contact NTHC to explain the situation before posting here? If so, what was the outcome?

Yes - they stated this in post #1:
They had no alternative accomations to offer and would not compensate me when we had to leave after just 3 nights due to problems at the resort that they knew or should have know existed. Dealing with them has been so frustrating that I have given up trying.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My question too is have you ever rented or stayed in a timeshare before? It's much different than a hotel. It's really a question of working with the management of the resort, just like it is when staying in our own timeshares that we individually own or in an exchange somewhere.

I've not rented from NTHC ... yet. I will not hesitate to do so based on my dealings re inquiries and am hopeful they may come up with something that I've been in touch with them about.

I mean this with the greatest of respect but perhaps you should deal directly with a resort next time. You'll probably pay more but they may be able to do more to address your concerns.

I'm sorry that your vacation wasn't good.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
e.bram - how about Redweek?

They charge upfront fees too -

Membership - $14.99 for 12 months
Timeshare Rental Ads - $24.99/ea for 6 Months
Timeshare Resale Ads - $59.99/ea for 12 Months

How about ebay? It costs a minimum of $75 upfront to rent there.

How about Vacation Rental by Owner? They charge over $200 upfront.

Are the all scams?

Your continuing harassment of NTHC isn't doing much for your credibility...

Last edited:

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
National Timeshare Help aka NTHC Travel is not a reputable company and I would avoid them at all costs. I rented a week from them and it was a DISASTER. The place was so noisy that my wife had to try to sleep in the living room to get away from the problem.
They had no alternative accomations to offer and would not compensate me when we had to leave after just 3 nights due to problems at the resort that they knew or should have know existed. Dealing with them has been so frustrating that I have given up trying. Just BEWARE if you deal with this company.

Sorry, but the issue is your lack of due diligence. NTHC simply rented a unit at a resort. You got a bad unit with noisy neighbors. It happens everywhere in timesharing.

Timeshares are NOT hotels. They are condos owned by individuals and managed by a resort. The rental agency cannot simply help you to change rooms or get you alternate accommodations. They don't own any. YOU are responsible for knowing the potential issues at a specific resort by reading sites like Trip Advisor and TUG. Even then, some units are bad and others are good. It's a bit of a roulette wheel getting a good to great unit. That's just part of the experience of renting a timeshare condo from ANYBODY.

NTHC's responsibility to you is to get you a confirmation letter at the resort in a specific unit type for a specific amount. If all of that happened, they did their job.

You should change the title of your thread to be about the resort and how it sucks and that others should not rent from it. Or, never rent a timeshare because the owner can't just simply change your unit when you encounter a problem you don't like.

If you don't like timesharing, try Expedia or Hotels.com. There are plenty of suite hotels that can meet your specific need.

NTHC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Panama City Beach, Las Vegas, Massanutten
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Regal Vista, Wyndham, Bluegreen, Diamond
I would first like to state that we are sorry the OP had a bad experience during his rental stay. He originally contacted me to rent three nights of a week during Mardi Gras in New Orleans at The Frenchmen 519. As this was a week long Festiva booking, I was unable to split the reservtion and the OP decided to rent the entire week.

We received a call AFTER the guest had returned home requesting a refund for 4 nights. We did not receive a call during the stay to give us the opportunity to rectify the situation as our confirmation clearly states. Even though we were not contacted until after the stay, the guest was offered $100 towards a future rental with our company.

We offered and the guest received a two bedroom during Mardi Gras at The Frenchman 519. Perhaps for a quiet experience the OP may want to choose the Outer Banks in Feb.

Ebram, I have requested many times that you contact me personally to discuss any issues you may have with my company.....I'm still waiting.

Thanks,
Cindy

540-560-2987

Last edited:

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....
Is the OP protesting because he is trying to get money back from the 7-day stay he paid for, when he only used 3 days?

He states "we had to leave after just 3 nights due to problems at the resort" but the post from NTHC says that his original request was for 3 nights.

I can't help but wonder who's scamming who?

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....
Is the OP protesting because he is trying to get money back from the 7-day stay he paid for, when he only used 3 days?

He states "we had to leave after just 3 nights due to problems at the resort" but the post from NTHC says that his original request was for 3 nights.

I can't help but wonder who's scamming who?
Yes - it certainly raises the suspicion that the OP rented a whole week from NTHC because that was cheaper than obtaining three nights of comparable accommodations elsewhere, spent the three nights, and is now trying to extort (to use the correct term for what might be going on here) a refund from NTHC.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cindy - What was the nature of the noise - Mardi Gras itself?

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
They are also a large upfront fee TS sales(listing ) company. Stay away
What do you mean by "large?

Are you saying that NTHC is a large company or that the upfront fee is large?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steve - Like most of the other rental websites, NTHC has a membership fee.

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't know how much of this is true. Found on Red Week. Posted today. Might explain a little more the circumstances of the OP.

"Anyone have reason to distrust booking travel through NTHC

Yes it was just this week tyhat ended today. the unit was on a very noisy street in New Orleans (far away from Burbon Street in a supposedly quiet neighborhood) where the area bars blasted loud music till 4am every night. No one could sleep!
we stayed thru Mardi Gras because there was no alternative anywhere within 100 miles and then had to leave 4 days early so we could get some sleep. they had no alternative accomodation and kept lying about and then tried to blame me for not telling them sooner even though they could produce no alternative accomodations and refused any refund.
Once they have your money you are totally at there mercy. I gave up dealing with them because they refused to do ANYTHING or answer any questions directly. Not worth risking a vacation on them they are not reputable....... Hope this helps"

Seems like it wasn't the timeshare neighbors who were rowdy.

But, I would not go to New Orleans during Mardi Gras expecting a "restful" environment. ... eom

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Most renters are not dishonest, as this person apparently is. We had a renter who disputed the charge on her credit card, after the rental was over (Wyndham points). She tried to tell her credit card company that she hadn't talked to anyone with our company name and had no idea what the charge was.

The evidence was overwhelming.

Our daughter had 1) signed contract; 2) her name on the guest certificate; 3) all email communications; and 4) a survey the woman filled out after the rental.

She knew darned good and well she rented that from us. The woman lost, and even more important, she lost her credibility with her credit card company.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
in New Orleans at The Frenchmen 519.

That resort is in the night club area of the city. There are several famous jazz clubs (open late into the evening) and any review (TripAdvisor, Expedia) would have stated what the neighborhood is. Most cities would refer to that type of clubs as "after hours".

Any for it being Mardi Grais time, there are few places even more than 100 miles from the city which would not have been party central.

Baton Rouge is 100+ miles away and it also has Mardi Grais parades and partying....:D As does Lafayette, LA, and Galveston, TX and ....

Last edited:

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm mostly going to stay out of this...But i think the question needs to be asked

Who has more reason to lie...a Rental company who may lose customers because of their missteps being posted publicly or a consumer who is posting a review of their rental and the services they received from that rental company?

The rental company could lose thousands upon thousands of dollars because of this members reviews....the member, well i'm still trying figure out Why they would lie...$100 doesn't seem like much compared to what the company will lose because of one honest negative review

I'm surprised a Rental agency would advertise a central new Orleans TS during Mardi gras as 'quiet'

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ride, ... "Who has more reason to lie...a Rental company who may lose customers because of their missteps being posted publicly or a consumer who is posting a review of their rental and the services they received from that rental company?"

Those who do not believe the OP here tend to be TUG posters who are also rental companies. They appear to have made up their minds.

I don't know who is right (or who is wrong) here. I would not rent in New Orleans during Mardi Gras unless I expected some noise. But, I have no idea how this week was marketed.

There used to be an old adage: "The customer is always right." But, it's out of vogue now - I guess because everyone took advantage of it to stoke their over-active sense of entitlement. A sign of the times? ... eom

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few things that weigh against the OP in my opinion:

1) In his first post (deleted) he blamed TUG for all his rental problems.
2) In his original post in this thread, he did not mention any of the important details - like the fact that he rented in NOLA during Mardi Gras.
3) He waited until after he got home to call NTHC - he did not call them from New Orleans and let them know he was having problems.
4) He originally only wanted to rent 3 days - but that wasn't available, so he stayed 3 days, and then went home and demanded a refund for 4 days.
5) NTHC is a long-time TUG member with a solid reputation.