• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Royal orSable Palms or Marriott Lakeshore

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now I can chose between Sable or Royal Palms, near the Orlando World Center. If I want to pay another exchange fee.

I actually have a reservation for the dates I need at Marriott Lakeshore, but the location at the Palms is better for the meeting DH is going to. Better mainly because from that area there are free shuttles to his meeting (at the Gaylord Palms).

If we stay at Lakeshore, I will end up having to drop him off and pick him up. I have done that a few years now, but we usually stay at Cypress Harbour. Easy drive. Not sure how easy of a drive it would be from Lakeshore, as I haven't stayed there.

Anyone have any opinion? Stay where we are or pay the extra exchange fee?

And if the census is one of the Palms, which one?? I know the Imperial Palms has been recently redone. Have the other two?

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sabal is closest to the world center. I stayed there in Feb. and it was great. The units were redone and wonderful. My only comment is that you are in a townhouse style unit and my be on the second floor and have to hike up and down (no elevator). Royal is more like a traditional MVC building. It is farther from the world center.

Right now I can chose between Sable or Royal Palms, near the Orlando World Center. If I want to pay another exchange fee.

I actually have a reservation for the dates I need at Marriott Lakeshore, but the location at the Palms is better for the meeting DH is going to. Better mainly because from that area there are free shuttles to his meeting (at the Gaylord Palms).

If we stay at Lakeshore, I will end up having to drop him off and pick him up. I have done that a few years now, but we usually stay at Cypress Harbour. Easy drive. Not sure how easy of a drive it would be from Lakeshore, as I haven't stayed there.

Anyone have any opinion? Stay where we are or pay the extra exchange fee?

And if the census is one of the Palms, which one?? I know the Imperial Palms has been recently redone. Have the other two?

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
Hi,
I spent 5 weeks at Sabal in November/December. It has been nicely redone BUT there is glass block in the fancy shower and it lets light into the bedroom at night from the porch light and really brightly when the sun comes up. YIKES!

I visited Royal palms and they were very nice and I liked that the balconies jutted out from the buildings giving great views all day. They didn't seem quite as recently renovated and the bathrooms at Sabal were nicer (except for the crazy light from the glass block)

It will be a very short commute from the Royals to Gaylord Palms.

Lakeshore is at the corner of John Young and Central Florida Parkway so though much longer it would be a pretty easy drive. You could take Central Florida to I4 ( same entrance to I4 as from Cypress Harbour) and exit for Gaylord Palms. You could also go south on John Young to 417 to Osceola parkway.

I have heard from some that Lakeshore reserve is great and being next to the Ritz carleton and JW Marriott is a great bonus (lazy river)

Sabal Palms is closest to the Marriott World centre and an easy walk to it's pools. It is a longer walk, or shuttle from Royal palms. None of the palms have many activities (not like Cypress Harbour or Grande Vista) I have not stayed at Lakeshore reserve (staying there in December) so don't know about their activites

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Having stayted at both Sabal Palms and Lakeshore, I would choose Lakeshore in a heartbeat. But a lot depends on what you want to/will be doing after your spouse leaves for his meetings. Do you plan on hanging around the resort all day? Then pick Lakeshore reserve... it has a beautiful pool area and there are activities scheduled during the day. If you plan on going to the parks or something during the day, then maybe the convenience of the Palms would win out for me.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would call the World Center and ask if there are any shuttles between it and the JW or the Ritz. Then you stay at LR and hubby could take shuttle.

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I think I will stay put at Lakeside.

I do plan on spending a lot of time relaxing around the resort, so I ~suppose~ I can take him back and forth. I imagine I can fit it into my schedule. :D

I am glad to hear it sounds like it won't be so bad to drive over there, as I wasn't quite sure where the heck it was. Osceola runs right along one side of Gaylord Palms so it should be a simple matter to get back and forth.

I appreciate the helpful comments. :wave: