• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking multiple units at a resort

bluetas77

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to book two or three units at the same resort using Rci points to travel with friends and family. If I'm there at check in, do I need guest certificates?
Also the resort has a 1 in 4 rule, can I still book two or three units as separate bookings if its for the same week?

itisme

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to book two or three units at the same resort using Rci points to travel with friends and family. If I'm there at check in, do I need guest certificates?

No. I have done this for the past 10 years.

Also the resort has a 1 in 4 rule, can I still book two or three units as separate bookings if its for the same week?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I have done this before (Massanutten)

bluetas77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great thanks! Massanutten is actually what we were placating on. Any thoughts on the nicest units? Doesn't need to be near ski hill, we are going mid March.

natasha5687

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great thanks! Massanutten is actually what we were placating on. Any thoughts on the nicest units? Doesn't need to be near ski hill, we are going mid March.

Just got back from Regal Vista and the units were very nice. They are 2 bedroom condo's with garage, gas grills, and are the newest in the development. Depending on how many people you want to accomodate you could likely get the lock out for a total of 4 bedrooms.

bluetas77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trouble booking more than one unit through rci

I had two units on hold for woodstone at massanutten yesterday, but I couldn't get the confirmation to go through (it said I needed to call rci). I released both units and went back in to put them on hold again so I'd have another day to call, but now it says I've already travelled there in the past and won't let me put them on hold (not even 1 unit). I've never been there before!!! Any idea what's going on and should I call Massanutten directly to ask if I can book two units for the same week despite the 1 in 4 rule?

natasha5687

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had two units on hold for woodstone at massanutten yesterday, but I couldn't get the confirmation to go through (it said I needed to call rci). I released both units and went back in to put them on hold again so I'd have another day to call, but now it says I've already travelled there in the past and won't let me put them on hold (not even 1 unit). I've never been there before!!! Any idea what's going on and should I call Massanutten directly to ask if I can book two units for the same week despite the 1 in 4 rule?

This is most likely and RCI glitch. I would start by calling RCI and telling them exactly what you just posted. They should be able to fix it for you!

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Quote: "Great thanks! Massanutten is actually what we were placating on. Any thoughts on the nicest units? Doesn't need to be near ski hill, we are going mid March."

We stayed at Massanutten a couple of years ago and stayed in the Summit Section. They have 4 BR units that are seperated by upstairs units and downstairs units. Upstairs is 2 BR - large bath - living area - dining area - nice, well stocked kitchen. Out in the hall, same unit, you go down a flight of stairs and their is another full unit. Down stairs does not have a full kitchen. There are grills out on the patio for cooking. We exchanged through RCI for this resort. It was very nice, especially if you have children accompanying you.

Last edited: