• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone heard of Assured Resort Getaways

meihawaii

Reaction score
Was contacted by this company about renting out extra vacations from my RCI membership/points. Has any one heard of this company from NH?

Thanks,
Mei

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It is an upfront fee scam - you are not allowed to rent RCI products.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

parker29

Reaction score
These guys just called me too. Essentially, we own 4 properties, so they're telling me that I can purchase 1 "Extra Vacations" week for each property for an upcoming "golf event". I'm told I'd pay $374 per week x 4, and then I'm "guaranteed" a weekly rental for each of the 4 weeks of $1,650. "It's a win-win," i'm told, "because you get rental revenue, and we get potential buyers.".

Of course, I declined the offer, and told them that I'd never pay anything upfront (so he put me on hold, and talked to his manager audibly enough so that I could clearly hear what they were saying, and luckily, the manager gave him approval and a confirmation number to offer me the ability to pay for just 2 weeks up front!).

He reminded me that I'm leaving money on the table, and that I'm making a mistake.

What's the real game here? Taking the weeks that I paid for, renting them, and never paying me back? Anyone have stories about this company, Assured Resort Getaways"?

Thanks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
No - they will charge you a high upfront fee, and steal the fee. They are not interested in actually renting anything.

Just about all of these people who randomly contact you and charge an upfront fee - only intend to steal your fee.

Last edited:

parker29

Reaction score
Thanks, Denise. I figured as much. He didn't know what to do when I told him I was unwilling to pay anything up front.