• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2014] Most plausible explanation of mystery of Malasyian Flight 370

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
MH370 One Year On: Everything You Need to Know - By Tom Phillips, Méabh Ritchie and Jennifer Rigby/ News/ Aviation/ The Telegraph/ telegraph.co.uk

"Here we round up some of the theories surrounding the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370..."

Malaysia_MH370_2859611b.jpg

Fariq Abdul Hamid, left, and Zaharie Ahmad Shah were the pilots on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 Photo: AP

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MH370 Report: Underwater Locator Beacon Battery Had Expired - by the Associated Press/ Associated Press writers Rod McGuirk in Canberra, Australia, and Christopher Bodeen in Beijing contributed to this report/ International New York Times/ The New York Times.com

"The first comprehensive report into the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 revealed Sunday that the battery of the locator beacon for the plane's data recorder had expired more than a year before the jet vanished on March 8, 2014.

The report came as Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott said the hunt for the plane would not end even if the scouring of the current search area off Australia's west coast comes up empty.

Apart from the anomaly of the expired battery, the detailed report devoted pages after pages describing the complete normality of the flight, which disappeared while heading from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, setting off aviation's biggest mystery...."

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Expired Beacon Battery on MH370 Could Be Key for Compensation - Lawyers - by Jane Wardell/ Reuters/ uk.news.yahoo.com

SYDNEY (Reuters) - "The disclosure that an underwater locator beacon battery in the flight data recorder of MH370 had expired could be key in legal action against Malaysia Airlines over the fruitless search for the jetliner, lawyers for families of the passengers said on Monday.

U.S. law firm Kreindler & Kreindler LP, which is representing around 20 families, said the expired battery was "potentially very significant" in determining compensation if it had hurt the search for the missing plane.

A 584-page interim report into the disappearance of the Boeing 777-200ER said the beacon battery for the flight data recorder had expired in December 2012 and was not replaced. The beacon is designed to send a signal if a crash occurs in water..."

2015-03-09T003206Z_5_LYNXMPEB2701U_RTROPTP_2_MALAYSIA-AIRPLANE-DISASTER.JPG

Reuters/Reuters - Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak says special prayers for the victims of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 at the National Mosque in Kuala Lumpur January 30, 2015. REUTERS/Olivia Harris

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Search for Missing Malaysia Plane Finds Shipwreck - by Kristen Gelineau, Associated Press/ World/ usnews.com

"Search for missing Malaysia plane yields old uncharted shipwreck in remote Indian Ocean.

SYDNEY (AP) — Search crews hunting for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 in the desolate ocean waters off western Australia have discovered an old shipwreck, officials said Wednesday.

The unexpected finding came when sonar equipment on board a search vessel scouring the Indian Ocean for the missing jetliner detected a cluster of objects nearly 4 kilometers (2.5 miles) below the surface, according to a statement from the Australian Transport Safety Bureau, which is heading up the hunt.

Although officials suspected the objects were probably not from the Boeing 777, which vanished on March 8, 2014, they decided to take a closer look just in case. A second ship sent down an autonomous underwater vehicle — essentially, an unmanned sub — which revealed a large number of small objects and several larger items, the biggest 6 meters (20 feet) long.

The debris field appeared to be man-made but wasn't typical of an aircraft. Still, crews sent down a camera to be sure.

Analysis of the photos revealed this week that the debris came from a previously uncharted shipwreck. Marine archaeologists are now examining the photos, which include an image of an anchor and what appear to be lumps of coal, to see whether they can identify the ship. It was not immediately clear when the sonar first spotted the wreckage..."

In this photo provided on Wednesday by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau, debris from a shipwreck lays on the Indian Ocean floor, nearly 4 kilometers (2.5 miles) below the surface, off the west coast of Australia. Search crews hunting for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 in the desolate waters off western Australia have discovered the wreck was of a cargo ship built in the mid-to-late 19th century.

Richard

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Link didn't work for me, Richard. Thx.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Did anyone tell Pedro they found (part of) the plane, and is not intact?

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Possible Tie to Mystery of Flight 370 Puts Tiny Reunion in World's Spotlight - by Marc Santora/ Africa/ St.-Denis Journal/ International New York Times/ The New York Times/ nytimes.com

ST.-DENIS, Réunion —" Ever since Johnny Begue and his friend stumbled on a barnacle-encrusted airplane wing flap last week — one that appears to be from the same kind of plane as Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which disappeared without a trace more than a year ago —just about every piece of flotsam kicked up along the shores of this island in the Indian Ocean has attracted scrutiny..."

PLANE2-articleLarge.jpg

Johnny Begue, one of the people who found a plane's wing flap on a Réunion shore last week, posed on Thursday with the remains of a suitcase that turned up in the same area. Credit Linfo.re/Antenne Réunion, via Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

Richard

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MH370: 'Plane Seat' Found Washed Up On Reunion Island 3 Months Ago - by Harriet Alexander in Saint Andre, Reunion/ News/ The Telegraph/ telegraph.co.uk

"Nicolas Ferrier says he came across the blue plane seat three months ago, but thought nothing of it at the time.

Nicolas Ferrier barely gave the blue seat a second glance. As he carried out his daily patrol of the wild shores of Reunion, picking up debris from the jet black sands and giant boulders, it seemed to him like just another piece of rubbish – a bus seat, perhaps, or a hang glider’s chair.

“It wasn’t until Wednesday that it hit me what it could have been,” said Mr Ferrier, climbing off his BMX to speak to The Telegraph in the shade of a screwpine tree, overlooking the pounding surf. “It was probably part of that plane.”

Mr Ferrier spotted the seat in early May. And on Saturday he told his story for the first time – up until now, no one but his wife has known about the find..."

Nicolas_Ferrier_-__3394740b.jpg

Nicolas Ferrier, Beach cleaner at Saint Andre, Reunion

Richard

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I just read where the debris found was not from flt. 370.
The flaperon (flap/aileron) is from a 777 as identified by part numbers stenciled inside, and expect it could be from no other than MH370. This is not a sticker on the plane, but an integral part of the wing that was torn off.

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
To Clarify, I think what you read was about other debris found on Reunion Island other than the Aleron (sp?) wing part which is still going through investigation.

Official: Debris Found Not Part of Flight 370 - by John Bacon and Jane Onyanga-Omara, USA Today/ News/ usatoday.com

Richard

I am sure that you are right. I just read the title and did not open the link as it really doesn't interest me very much.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sure that you are right. I just read the title and did not open the link as it really doesn't interest me very much.

There is only one 777 in the world that could be missing an aeleron right now, so I really think the forensics is just a formality.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did anyone tell Pedro they found (part of) the plane, and is not intact?

Or Phydeaux

BTW, the theory by Goodfellow that started this whole thread IMO is still the most plausible explanation of what might of hapenned. Did he get every detail right, of course not, but I think he got the gist of what hapenned right. Basically, something hapenned on the plane causing a loss of pressure and oxygen and everybody died on it many hours before it finally ran out of fuel and fell into the ocean. There was probably no nepharious or sinister event or pilot suicide or anything like that.

Last edited:

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or Phydeaux

BTW, the theory by Goodfellow that started this whole thread IMO is still the most plausible explanation of what might of hapenned. Did he get every detail right, of course not, but I think he got the gist of what hapenned right. Basically, something hapenned on the plane causing a loss of pressure and oxygen and everybody died on it many hours before it finally ran out of fuel and fell into the ocean. There was probably no nepharious or sinister event or pilot suicide or anything like that.

How is pilot suicide, or an attempted pilot hijacking gone bad ruled out? That's still my theory. Hopefully the latest developments will help recover the box and we'll know for sure.

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score

This link just bought me to a pure speculative article about potential other debris found on Reunion Island.

BTW, I was shocked to learn that this island which I previously never heard of before has a population of 850k. That's nearly the population of Oahu.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is pilot suicide, or an attempted pilot hijacking gone bad ruled out? That's still my theory. Hopefully the latest developments will help recover the box and we'll know for sure.

I suppose it's still possible. I don't buy it, but sure it's still possible. Notice I used the word "probably".

I think what's fairly obvious is that probably EVERYBODY on that plane was dead as it flew silently for hours to the point of fuel exhaustion somewhere in the Indian Ocean. I don't buy an alive pilot bent on suicide flying the plane for hours after he already killed everybody on board.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MH370 Investigators to Meet in France Ahead of Wing Analysis by AFP/ The Telegraph/ telegraph.co.uk

"French and Malaysian officials will meet as authorities confirm metallic debris found by locals did not come from an aircraft..."

Reunion_MH370_meta_3395618b.jpg

Betty (red cap) who saw the piece of metal reported to be from the missing Malaysian Airline plane MH370 showing media where it was spotted Photo: Paul Grover/The Telegraph

Richard