• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tell me about Nova Scotia

Marvin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your questions

I answered one of your requests for info several days ago, and you did not acknowledge my response. So, I will only take time for this note this time.

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not know of any TS's in NS but that does not mean that there aren't any! Try going to www.novascotia.com where you can order the "Doers' & Dreamers' Guide" which is an excellent publication of NS Dept of Tourism.
From Maine you can take the ferry or drive.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Found this article on The Timeshare Beat

White Point - Nova Scotia

[link deleted at poster's request]

Last edited by a moderator:

spoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Way to NS from Maine

We went to NS last summer and we took the high speed Hydro-Cat out of Bar Harbor, Me. to Yarmouth, NS. It is pricey but quick and easy.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maps

Just received the following
Canada Maps from our Motor Club

Alberta
British Columbia
Manitoba

Atlantic Canada
Maritime Provinces

Ontario
Quebec
Saskatchewan

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marty Giggard said:
Anyone drove - rode - or - walked - across:

Canada`s Confederation Bridge - Toll $40.50

http://confederationbridge.com/
Yep, we have...quite a sight!

Also, we have taken the CAT ferry to Nova Scotia and have driven to NS through Maine and New Brunswick. Both very nice.
By the way, if you're going to take the time to visit Nova Scotia, I would stay longer and visit Prince Edward Island as well.
Connie

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marty Giggard said:
Just received the following
Canada Maps from our Motor Club

The materials and maps from NS tourism are great and probably more useful so make sure you that you order them.

If there around early July, don't miss the Nova Scotia Military Tattoo in Halifax. If there in October, don't miss the Celtic Colours Festival in Cape Breton.

One way or another, don't miss taking a trip around the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island. One stop not to miss on the Trail is the Gaelic College in St. Ann's where you can observe while the Gaelic language, as well as the traditional arts of piping, fiddling, dancing etc., are being taught.

On the way to Cape Breton, stop in Antigonish the friendly small town that is home to St. Francis Xavier University and get a glimpse why, year after year, it is rated as Canada's #1 university. :)

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marty Giggard said:
Anyone drove - rode - or - walked - across:

Canada`s Confederation Bridge - Toll $40.50

http://confederationbridge.com/

Note that you pay when leaving the Island only. The extremely budget-conscious may want to consider taking the bridge onto the Island (free), and then take the ferry to the mainland at Wood Island, NS when leaving (lesser charge, I think).

I didn't find much to see on the bridge itself as you can't see to the side off the bridge very well. A brief stretch just after the crest provides a view straight ahead across to the land on the other side but didn't do that much for me.

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
spoon said:
We went to NS last summer and we took the high speed Hydro-Cat out of Bar Harbor, Me. to Yarmouth, NS.

Once in NS, keep on the north shore and stop in Digby (for the biggest and absolutely best scallops in the world) and visit the Annapolis Royal/Port Royal area. From there go south across Kejimikujik N.P. and drive the south shore to Halifax stopping in Lunenburg (UNESCO Heritage site), and the pretty towns of Mahone Bay and Chester (lots of $$$$ here!).

Once past Chester, you may want to take the longer route (333) to Halifax around St. Margaret's Bay for a quick visit to much painted and much photographed Peggy's Cove. I know of prettier spots in the area but they're further off the beaten tourist path.

JoeMO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Weather in Late Fall

My son is getting married and is thinking about spending his honeymoon in NS and staying at White Point. Does anyone know anything about this resort? Is it the closest to PEI? They want to see Green Gables.

What would the weather be like in late Oct thru the begining of December? I know it isn't swiming weather but would there be snow or just chilly?

How easy is it to get from this resort to PEI and the sites in NS?

Thanks,
Joe

hvsteve1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I drove over the Confederation bridge a few years ago. It's long. It also ended up hurting rather than helping the tourist industry as it made it easier to be a daytripper where, before, it was enough of a hassle to get there by ferry that you usually stayed at least a night. I think the ferry still runs from NS. I recall a tourism agency in PEI that will actually find and book lodging for you if you call.

I go to Halifax about every other year, mainly for the military tattoo. I love the place. Beer is a religion there. It makes feel priestly. I'm still trying to work my way through all 62 beers on tap at Maxwell's Plum. Alexander Keiths does a nice brewery tour. There are festivals of some sort going on almost every week to boost tourism--jazz, rock, films, Scottish, Celtic etc.

Some of the little secret pleasures we found in PEI (locals wouldn't be caught dead doing the touristy stuff in Anneland) included the College of Piping in Summerside where people come from all over to learn piping, drumming and Celtic dancing and put on free shows during the day and a big show at night and the Culinary Institute of Canada in Charlottetown where you can get a gourmet meal at a bargain price. An intersting factoid I picked up while there is that the Scottish culture is still so pure in NS and PEI, that people in Scotland send their kids there to see it. Of course, as I found when I was in Ontario last week, nothing is a bargain in Canada now that the looney is no longer worth 65 cents US and there's a 14 percent sales tax.:bawl:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
White Point - Nova Scotia

link removed at OP's request

I couldn't actually get this link to work, but I do know from prior attempts of my own to get into White Point (including direct communications with staff there) that there are only actually about 10 timeshare units there, in total. Accordingly, your chances of trading into the facility in the summer months are somewhere squarely between slim and none. Off season might be another story. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator: