• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Deed-Back

roseamb60

Reaction score
Glsd to Be Out

WSell they may keep building but al I know thatmy maintenance Fee were over $ 3,500 The two contracts in Tennessee had motre than doubled because folks especially strapped seniors and perhaps chronically uemployed were bailing out,and defaulting.
Now perhaps the associations won't be stuck with so many defaults. Wyn had stubbornly refused to take back the properties for years The reality of the defaults was really staring them in the face especially at places like The Glade Limited Edition, Ovation, Caps whatever is a win-win situation for most of us
Yes Wyn Wins( no pun intended ) they can take the points and sell them for moreo r less whatever
Hope no renters get hurt Didnt they try to stop that years ago orwas that just the RCI weeks that people were trying to rent out to others?
Those 28 k two bedroom week that we used to get if you knew how to do them disappeared when WYn bought RCI We got alot of those 28k places thanks to Tuggers advice and a guy in Branson who had an on-line group many years ago.
Can somebody please list the Ovation program o here and did they really post Limited Edition on ther Website? It is also supposed to be in the new Face and Places too Didnt see it Good luck to all who are trying to bail We enjoyed our 26 yea rs and over 135+ plus exchanges Worst one was an old place in Kimberling City Mo befoe Branson got going.Rose

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know whether this Wyndham deedback is for points only, or any weeks, and if weeks, any for Wyndham-managed properties?

I ask because I own one (Wyndham-managed week, not points) which I'm ready to part with. When I asked the person who takes my MF payments on the phone whether I could "give it back", she suggested I write to the Wyndham Deedback program and explain my "hardship". But I don't want to waste my time if the program is points only.

Joan-OH

TUG Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, its a very small waste of time to make a phone call to member services and ask. I made one phone call. A week later, a deed with instructions were in my email box. Simple. You won't know if you don't ask

HtownRose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gave back just 1 contract.

Thank you for posting this info, & highlighting it in the weekly TUG newsletter! My cousin that got me into Wyndham resale had been wanting to downsize her holdings so I called & told her what I read here & suggested she give them a call & see what they would be willing to do.

She was able to get exactly what she wanted - to keep all her points contracts except the 1 she most wanted to get rid of - an every-other-year points contract with the highest maintenance fees of all her contracts.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this info, & highlighting it in the weekly TUG newsletter! My cousin that got me into Wyndham resale had been wanting to downsize her holdings so I called & told her what I read here & suggested she give them a call & see what they would be willing to do.

She was able to get exactly what she wanted - to keep all her points contracts except the 1 she most wanted to get rid of - an every-other-year points contract with the highest maintenance fees of all her contracts.

What great news! So glad TUG was able to help your cousin!

Zackiepoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know whether this Wyndham deedback is for points only, or any weeks, and if weeks, any for Wyndham-managed properties?

I ask because I own one (Wyndham-managed week, not points) which I'm ready to part with. When I asked the person who takes my MF payments on the phone whether I could "give it back", she suggested I write to the Wyndham Deedback program and explain my "hardship". But I don't want to waste my time if the program is points only.
I have a timeshare that is managed by Wyndham, but I purchased from Pahio at Kauai Beach Villas. I talked to Wyndham today and they told me I was not eligible for Ovation because I had't purchased from them. Has anyone else received different information?

Dakine

Reaction score
I just talked to Wyn Owner care and they will take back my points at Kauai bali hai and give me cash to boot. wasn't expecting that.:banana:

Joan-OH

TUG Member
Reaction score
My deedback to wyndham is complete. It was a resale contract, so I did not receive any points to use over the next 3 years - but glad to be rid of it. I was even happier when I got my credit card statement this month and my maintenance fees I paid in February were fully refunded by wyndham.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just talked to Wyn Owner care and they will take back my points at Kauai bali hai and give me cash to boot. wasn't expecting that.:banana:
You can sell that on the open market for actual cash in your pocket (assuming of course, that you have little or no outstanding debt on the contract) at least $.015/point. How much did Wyndham offer you?

Arnie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Alternative method

I called and was not happy with the rep I spoke with, bit of an attitude.
I offered one of my TS's on the TUG Marketplace for free. With buyer paying all expenses. I was able to find a buyer and feel that it is a win-win for myself and the buyer. Not Wyndham. Rather than giving back for zero points, an owner may want to try that method. At least Wyndham can't sell a property twice.
Worked for me!!:banana:

kfalandays

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Woohoo, Wyndham took my deed back

Hi all
I had been trying to get rid of my Wyndham Ocean Ridge (formerly Fairfied) for several years now. I couldn't even give it away on TUG because the maintenance fees had gotten so high. I had a few offers, but they wanted me to pay the transfer fees.
Finally, through the TUG website, I heard of Wyndham taking deeds back. Mine was a fixed week that I bought resale for $2000. Wyndham took it back, no charges, didn't pay this year's maintenance, but I also didn't get any money back.
I am just so thrilled to have that monkey off my back
Thanks TUG!

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Hi all
I had been trying to get rid of my Wyndham Ocean Ridge (formerly Fairfied) for several years now. I couldn't even give it away on TUG because the maintenance fees had gotten so high. I had a few offers, but they wanted me to pay the transfer fees.
Finally, through the TUG website, I heard of Wyndham taking deeds back. Mine was a fixed week that I bought resale for $2000. Wyndham took it back, no charges, didn't pay this year's maintenance, but I also didn't get any money back.
I am just so thrilled to have that monkey off my back
Thanks TUG!

Congrats on the successful dumping of your timeshare. Sounds a lot like how my Flagstaff went . . . a fixed week from the old Fairfield system.

Best wishes,
Von

roseamb60

Reaction score
Hi I am so happy to see that more of you have been able to give your weeks ,points back to Wyndham.
Iam so happy myself not to have that milstone arround my neck any more hope the deed back program continues for a long time Rose:hi:

Dakine

Reaction score
I just got a check for them for $2570 for 105,000 pts, so glad to be out of this one. Now Iv asked them to take back my EOY at Mauana Loa shores in Kona. Its been 2 weeks and I'm starting to wonder if they got my request or they are just slow on this . Oh, and they did refund my MF for 1 prior month also .

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
If someone has multiple Wyndham contracts, does Wyndham require that they all be surrendered? I have a couple that would be hard to sell or give away that I would consider turning in, but I don't want to unload all of my contracts.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If someone has multiple Wyndham contracts, does Wyndham require that they all be surrendered? I have a couple that would be hard to sell or give away that I would consider turning in, but I don't want to unload all of my contracts.

You can call and ASK ... but the original posts stated ALL contracts (and only bonus points usage on the direct purchases).

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

I don't know for sure, but I would guess from post #64 just above yours that you don't have to turn them all in:

I just got a check for them for $2570 for 105,000 pts, so glad to be out of this one. Now Iv asked them to take back my EOY at Mauana Loa shores in Kona. Its been 2 weeks and I'm starting to wonder if they got my request or they are just slow on this . Oh, and they did refund my MF for 1 prior month also .

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called today and they will let you pick and choose which resale contracts they take back(as long as they're on the list of resorts), so you can keep some if you want.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Of course I can call Linda. But it's less effort to post.:D

And the risk you run is that the information may be less reliable coming from people who are not in a position to really say WHAT Wyndham may or may not do.