• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott direct resale pricing lookup!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
well this is super handy (kudos to Karen Phelan for showing it to me)

https://www.marriottvacationclub.co...shtml?loc=DB59*1-43X1I2&cid=ppc-ggl-resales-e

check out the link at the bottom, you can select any marriott property and see what current resale (well, marriott direct resale) prices are.

We've been sharing that link and other resale-related pages from Marriott Vacation Club for a couple years, Brian. :) One example is in this thread from earlier today, Bundled Packages.

{ETA} (The Marriott Weeks FAQ sticky post has just been updated with this most current link.)

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
oh...whoops...i guess im slow =)

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
oh...whoops...i guess im slow =)

DaveM organized this place a long time ago - a whole bunch of us are still trailing along behind his lead. :)

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
Since you bring up the web site, I've got a question. I used to go to the resale website and just see a $ price for the resale. Now I see also see points and a higher price for the units. I thought MVC couldn't sell resales, they were acting as a broker and keeping a hefty commission. Now it looks like in order to purchase a resale thru/from MVC they are being sold at a higher price and MUST be sold with the Marriott points. I suppose the higher price is the price of the points that are being added on? Anybody familiar with what's going on?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Since you bring up the web site, I've got a question. I used to go to the resale website and just see a $ price for the resale. Now I see also see points and a higher price for the units. I thought MVC couldn't sell resales, they were acting as a broker and keeping a hefty commission. Now it looks like in order to purchase a resale thru/from MVC they are being sold at a higher price and MUST be sold with the Marriott points. I suppose the higher price is the price of the points that are being added on? Anybody familiar with what's going on?

MVC is acting as a re-selling agent in these transactions.

I think you are reading the website incorrectly. It indicates that weeks purchased via MVC Resales are "able" to be enrolled in the DC 'if" a qualifying points package is purchased with them, but where it lists the weeks available and shows pricing info, the points it is showing there are the Marriott Reward points that week is eligible to be converted into, I don't see anywhere indicating a number of DC points associated with any deal.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
One quick question on these resales.

If I already have enrolled weeks, and bought these weeks - are the eligible for DC too or do I have to buy some points?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
One quick question on these resales.

If I already have enrolled weeks, and bought these weeks - are the eligible for DC too or do I have to buy some points?

My understanding is any weeks post June 2010 purchased resale are excluded from enrollment elegibility in the DC... EXCEPT for those purchased from MVC Resales in conjunction with a matching points purchase (what we call a Bundle or Hybrid). Bottom line is... I believe you, as an existing enrolled DC member would also have to pop for the points to get new resales purchased via MVC Resale department enrolled.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
At one time I owned 4 prime season Marriott Weeks, Sabal Palms, Harbour Club, Heritage Club and Monarch. The Monarch Week looks like it has held its value better than the others. Kind of ratifies it being my last to go.

George

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I'm confused about whether you're talking about Marriott Rewards Points or Destination Club Points so I'll address both. :)

Marriott has always brokered select internal resales of Weeks with the Marriott Rewards Points exchange benefit, and they've always been priced higher than any of the external resale markets. When they were still selling Weeks there was virtually no difference between buying a previously-unsold Week direct and buying a like Week through Marriott Resales Operations; for all intents and purposes they are and always have been the same. (Our Barony Beach Week was an internal resale brokered by Marriott Resales; the price wasn't reduced from the current direct pricing at the time and it has always included the MRP exchange benefit.)

Following the DC inception as each segment (US, Caribbean, European) was integrated with the Destination Club, all previously-sold Weeks including external resales became eligible for enrollment in the DC, and, all enrolled Weeks are eligible for the MRP exchange benefit.

Weeks purchased direct from Marriott Resales Operations after the DC integration dates are still eligible as they've always been for the MRP exchange benefit, and, they're the only resale Weeks eligible for DC enrollment providing an equal/greater number of DC Points for which the Week is eligible is purchased within a year.

All external-resale Weeks purchased after the applicable integration DC dates are still not eligible for the MRP exchange benefit, and, are not eligible for DC enrollment. This includes Weeks enrolled in the DC by the Owner/Seller and subsequently sold on the external market - enrollment does not transfer upon the sale to the new Owner/Buyer.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My understanding is any weeks post June 2010 purchased resale are excluded from enrollment elegibility in the DC... EXCEPT for those purchased from MVC Resales in conjunction with a matching points purchase (what we call a Bundle or Hybrid). Bottom line is... I believe you, as an existing enrolled DC member would also have to pop for the points to get new resales purchased via MVC Resale department enrolled.

I agree. :)

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC is acting as a re-selling agent in these transactions.

I think you are reading the website incorrectly. It indicates that weeks purchased via MVC Resales are "able" to be enrolled in the DC 'if" a qualifying points package is purchased with them, but where it lists the weeks available and shows pricing info, the points it is showing there are the Marriott Reward points that week is eligible to be converted into, I don't see anywhere indicating a number of DC points associated with any deal.
I don't think so.

For example. If you go to MOC (Marriott Ocean Club, Maui), you'll see the following:

1. Villa Type (2-BDRM)
2. View (OF)
3. Season (Plat)
4. Usage (EY)
5. Marriott Rewards Points & Frequency (125,000 Points Every Usage Year, it does NOT say available/optional)
6. Price ($34,500)

What I'm reading is that for $34,500 ($10,000 above resale), you get 125,000 points. It doesn't say anything about getting 7-nites or a week, only Marriott Rewards Points.

I see the same thing for ever other resort I look at, no mention of getting a week, only points.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
I don't think so.

For example. If you go to MOC (Marriott Ocean Club, Maui), you'll see the following:

1. Villa Type (2-BDRM)
2. View (OF)
3. Season (Plat)
4. Usage (EY)
5. Marriott Rewards Points & Frequency (125,000 Points Every Usage Year, it does NOT say available/optional)
6. Price ($34,500)

What I'm reading is that for $34,500 ($10,000 above resale), you get 125,000 points. It doesn't say anything about getting 7-nites or a week, only Marriott Rewards Points.

I see the same thing for ever other resort I look at, no mention of getting a week, only points.

You get the week....and if you decide to, either every year or every other year as listed, you have the option to swap your week for MR points. The MR points are merely an alternate usage option in years you would rather have the MR points instead of the usage of your week.

Click on the little question mark above the column where it lists the MR points for an explanation via the website.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think so.

1. Villa Type (2-BDRM)
2. View (OF)
3. Season (Plat)
4. Usage (EY)
6. Price ($34,500)

You're buying the Week which is eligible for the Marriott Rewards Points exchange benefit. You have all usage rights (except for DC enrollment unless you purchase DC Points to satisfy the Bundle Package requirements) including the option to exchange the Week for the stipulated amount of MRP on either an every-year or every-other-year basis as noted.

It may be that the website in its many incantations hasn't always included the MRP exchange-related information, but the benefit has always been attached to direct resales from Marriott Resales Operations.

Note Marriott does not and hasn't ever sold Marriott Rewards Points as a stand-alone product. Members earn them in various ways and can purchase limited amounts to satisfy the requirements for a specific MRP usage option, and owners of eligible Marriott Vacation Club Weeks/Destination Club Points can elect to exchange their ownerships on an annual or biennial basis for MRP, but they're not a product like MVC Weeks and DC Points are products.

Last edited:

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So the points that they list are for the hotel exchanges (which indirectly could be a timeshare, but being presented as a hotel stay) not points for the Marriott timeshare system, which I believe is called DC Points/

Gets confusing with the convoluted dual usage of the Marriott Vacation Club name for their hotel usage/stay program/points and their timeshares, which is also the Marriott Vacation Club.

UPDATE:

Looks like I have to get caught up on my reading. I see that some of this was discussed on the "MOC Shuffle" thread. :ponder:

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So the points that they list are for the hotel exchanges (which indirectly could be a timeshare, but being presented as a hotel stay) not points for the Marriott timeshare system, which I believe is called DC Points/ ...

Yes, exactly. Effectively what the website is telling you is, using your example quoted above, "You'll be buying a Maui Ocean Club 2BR OF Plat Week, and if you choose it can be exchanged for 125,000 Marriott Rewards Points every year."

... Gets confusing with the convoluted dual usage of the Marriott Vacation Club name for their hotel usage/stay program/points and their timeshares, which is also the Marriott Vacation Club,

Marriott Vacation Club or Marriott Vacations Worldwide relate to the two timeshare products, Weeks and Destination Club Points. Marriott Rewards and Marriott Rewards Points relate to the customer loyalty program administered by Marriott, Int'l. that encompasses all brands under the Marriott umbrella, thus is affiliated with the MVC/MVW timeshare products/ownership.

Last edited:

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
So the points that they list are for the hotel exchanges (which indirectly could be a timeshare, but being presented as a hotel stay) not points for the Marriott timeshare system, which I believe is called DC Points/

Gets confusing with the convoluted dual usage of the Marriott Vacation Club name for their hotel usage/stay program/points and their timeshares, which is also the Marriott Vacation Club,

I can confirm the MR point part. I looked up to see one of the weeks/season I own and the MR points listed are the same ones I would get.

I actually have a call into Sales, so will try and get some info (or at least be able to share what the current "truth" is)

thetangs

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had two conversations with Marriott over the past two days and what I understand is what others have stated. If you purchase a resale week (traditional full week timeshare) through Marriott, you can elect to purchase a DC point contract equal to or above the DC value of the resale week purchased and then the resale week will be considered an enrolled week.

I will say that I had one of the best conversations with a Marriott rep in years yesterday. I felt a bit of the old Marriott customer service shining through.

Thank you all for the great information. I still don't know which way we are going in our purchase, but your help is greatly appreciated.