• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
When is the SA due at Sapphire Valley?

Is Fairfield Glade having a SA this year?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
When is the SA due at Sapphire Valley?

Is Fairfield Glade having a SA this year?

Fairfield Glade has a lot of different HOAs. There was a HOA that had one last year and Kensington just announced one that is about equal to an extra annual maintenance fee. So yes, a portion of Fairfield Glade is having an SA.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just started dumping some. We will see how it goes?

Is 1 105 000 points at a Myrtle beach resort with high mfs worth dumping or trying to sell?

This will lead to CWA fees going up?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

Is 1 105 000 points at a Myrtle beach resort with high mfs worth dumping or trying to sell?

CWA is a volume game. If course one anything won't leave a mark on CWA fees. But assuming that Wyndham is for the most part deeding Ovation takebacks into CWA, a large volume of high MF deeds CAN skew CWA fees upward. This may be a factor that determines whether they take it back.

By all means, if they will take back your high MF MB, by all means do it.

I could also visualize an endgame where Wyndham has learned from Marriott and wants to launch its own resale arm for mature resorts.

PS regarding your actual question, what is the resort? Are their any sold comps you could look up on EBay to get an idea of the salability of those points?

Most anything but the most expense points MF-wise are going for "something" on ebay.

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

If you have OB, the MF are actually just below CWA if I recall. If not, they are not much higher. In any case, OB has the cheapest MF rate of any Wyndham MB property.

This location has quite a bit of value due to the regional ARP and the demand for that ARP in summer. If you aren't using it for MB rentals, you will find plenty of potential buyers if you decide to sell it, and therefore you can command a decent price. Try that before Ovation...

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
If you have OB, the MF are actually just below CWA if I recall. If not, they are not much higher. In any case, OB has the cheapest MF rate of any Wyndham MB property.

This location has quite a bit of value due to the regional ARP and the demand for that ARP in summer. If you aren't using it for MB rentals, you will find plenty of potential buyers if you decide to sell it, and therefore you can command a decent price. Try that before Ovation...

I agree. I'm not in the market now, but we added a fairly modest MB contract at one point to increase the number of points we have available for ARP. Even if your contract is not that useful on its own in terms of ARP, it might be attractive for existing MB owners who want a few more points.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
5.86/ thousand plus the program fee. Not as bad as some of my others.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
"six is the new five"

When I started doing this thing with Wyndham the advice I got was to keep mf under $5/1000 points. And there were lots of the resorts where that was possible.

Now, not so much.

It is still possible. National Harbor, South Shore, Bali Hai, Kingsgate, Panama City Beach and Canterbury are the ones that come to mind, but factor in the cost of acquisition, and even they arent that great (at least not as good as they once were.

And if I understand Ovation correctly Wyndham doesnt distinguish between resorts, They either take it back, or they dont, Thet dont offer more for the better (low mf) contacts, and on the secondary market the difference between these low mf contracts and the average to high mf contracts is shrinking

jmurp62

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
OK, so I just got off the phone with the Ovation folks at Wyndham again.

Today's assistor tells me after confirming with her coworkers that no matter when the deal is done with them, I will STILL be responsible for the special assessment at Fairfield Glade because I was billed for it before I started the give back process.

I was also concerned about a guest vacation in the Smokies in early September. I asked if they would take away the reservation due to me giving some of my contracts back. She assured me 3 times they would NOT CANCEL THIS RESERVATION.

We then talked about what happens to the points for the giveback contracts. Will there be an adjustment? SHe told me yes. I asked would it be done proportionally and she couldn't tell me. Again I asked if I did not have the full amount of points available in my account for the giveback (392K) would they cancel any reservations. She again told me they would not take any reservations away and if the points were not available they would make an adjustment to next year's points.

I then asked about the difference between developer contracts and resales. Told her I have heard some folks with developer points were allowed to use their points for the next few years and resales were not allowed anything. She told me this was incorrect, that was an older program they ran (forget the name, sorry) and that it was an all or nothing program. In other words you gave Wyndham all your points back.

Some questions for folks who have been through this process: Were developer givebacks allowed future use of points? Has anyone had points taken back when the process was complete and if so how many? Was it the full contract amount of points or were they pro rated? Did anyone have any reservations cancelled?

Thanks for any assistance
Murf

VivZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
I gave back 3 resale contracts. They changed my points to cancelled points but didn't take any away. Hope that helps.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score

Are you saying 105,000, or 1,105,000?

If the latter please pm me.

Lerose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Ovation/Limited Edition

I just got a call from the Ovation department. I was told my contracts qualified for the program. (My ownership is paid in full and my maintenance fee is $5.35/1000 includes everything). I could either participate in Limited Edition where they will let me use the points for 3 years with no fees involved or I could transfer the ownership with no additional years of usage. I asked when does the 3 year period begin? She didn't know and is going to have someone call me back next week.

My last straw of frustration with Wyndham is that I tried to book a vacation for later this year. I needed 2 units for 3-4 nights. I was able to get 1 unit for the dates I wanted but couldn't get a 2nd unit for the whole time so now I had to book a hotel for the other dates. Sooooo booking the hotel through a standard online hotel site, what do you know, lots of Wyndham units at a reasonable price. Plenty of Wyndham units were also available in RCI. But going through Wyndham using your points, nothing available. :wall:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got a call from the Ovation department. I was told my contracts qualified for the program. (My ownership is paid in full and my maintenance fee is $5.35/1000 includes everything). I could either participate in Limited Edition where they will let me use the points for 3 years with no fees involved or I could transfer the ownership with no additional years of usage. I asked when does the 3 year period begin? She didn't know and is going to have someone call me back next week.

My last straw of frustration with Wyndham is that I tried to book a vacation for later this year. I needed 2 units for 3-4 nights. I was able to get 1 unit for the dates I wanted but couldn't get a 2nd unit for the whole time so now I had to book a hotel for the other dates. Sooooo booking the hotel through a standard online hotel site, what do you know, lots of Wyndham units at a reasonable price. Plenty of Wyndham units were also available in RCI. But going through Wyndham using your points, nothing available. :wall:

It is exactly this that the new Nightly Unit Limit, applicable to reservations after October, is designed to reduce. There are differing viewpoints as to how effective it will be.

The main problem is that the NUL doesn't apply to Wyndham itself (Extra Holidays with Wyndham as by far the largest depositor of intervals) nor does it eliminate Wyndham depositing weeks into RCI. Some have said that it is unlikely to curtail much of the activity that limits availability because it will just "spread it out" over a larger number of users. I think it will help some but not be a panacea that suddenly makes NOLA available for Mardi Gras or Myrtle Beach available in mid-summer.

Ovation is a decent program, makes sense to take the free points if offered.

Lerose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
OK, so I just got off the phone with the Ovation folks at Wyndham again.

Today's assistor tells me after confirming with her coworkers that no matter when the deal is done with them, I will STILL be responsible for the special assessment at Fairfield Glade because I was billed for it before I started the give back process.

I was also concerned about a guest vacation in the Smokies in early September. I asked if they would take away the reservation due to me giving some of my contracts back. She assured me 3 times they would NOT CANCEL THIS RESERVATION.

We then talked about what happens to the points for the giveback contracts. Will there be an adjustment? SHe told me yes. I asked would it be done proportionally and she couldn't tell me. Again I asked if I did not have the full amount of points available in my account for the giveback (392K) would they cancel any reservations. She again told me they would not take any reservations away and if the points were not available they would make an adjustment to next year's points.

I then asked about the difference between developer contracts and resales. Told her I have heard some folks with developer points were allowed to use their points for the next few years and resales were not allowed anything. She told me this was incorrect, that was an older program they ran (forget the name, sorry) and that it was an all or nothing program. In other words you gave Wyndham all your points back.

Some questions for folks who have been through this process: Were developer givebacks allowed future use of points? Has anyone had points taken back when the process was complete and if so how many? Was
it the full contract amount of points or were they pro rated? Did anyone have any reservations cancelled?

Thanks for any assistance
Murf

Today, I spoke with Kevin from Wyndham's Ovations dept and he said that all of my existing reservations with Wyndham would be canceled if I participated in the Ovations/Limited Editions program. Of course the person I spoke with last Friday said the reservations would not be canceled. I guess they changed the rules over the weekend to make it worse for owners. Kevin said that I would get "Limited Edition" points and I could rebook the reservations with those. I have Thanksgiving booked and there are currently no units available. There is no chance that I'll get my units back if Wyndham cancels my reservations and I try to rebook once I'm enrolled in the Limited Editions program.

Does anyone have a different contact person that they've worked with? Maybe if I talk to someone else, they'll tell me something else.

Kevin sent 2 documents: "Program outline for owners" and "Limited Edition Guidelines". The second document among other things lists the resorts that can be booked with Limited Edition points.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today, I spoke with Kevin from Wyndham's Ovations dept and he said that all of my existing reservations with Wyndham would be canceled if I participated in the Ovations/Limited Editions program. Of course the person I spoke with last Friday said the reservations would not be canceled. I guess they changed the rules over the weekend to make it worse for owners. Kevin said that I would get "Limited Edition" points and I could rebook the reservations with those. I have Thanksgiving booked and there are currently no units available. There is no chance that I'll get my units back if Wyndham cancels my reservations and I try to rebook once I'm enrolled in the Limited Editions program.

Does anyone have a different contact person that they've worked with? Maybe if I talk to someone else, they'll tell me something else.

Kevin sent 2 documents: "Program outline for owners" and "Limited Edition Guidelines". The second document among other things lists the resorts that can be booked with Limited Edition points.

From what I've heard, the first person was mistaken. Ovation is all or none, and existing reservations will be lost in the transfer. Have you considered using your reservations and then deeding back you contracts? Of course, the risk there is that they no longer take your deedbacks by then. I have a feeling, however, that Ovation is going to be around for awhile, considering that Wyndham doesn't appear to be going on a building spree.

Lerose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I just found out about the Ovations program. I don't generally read Faces and Places or all the emails they send but I was cleaning out my email folder and stumbled on one talking about Ovations. End of last year, I went to a Wyndham resort and did the owners update. They talked about "Pathways" (first time I ever heard about that). I would have to buy more points to participate in Pathways and only those points would qualify.......and of course I had to buy today because the program would expire tomorrow - yada yada

So they'll probably put some kind of new twist to it and call it something else next week, year, whatever.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just found out about the Ovations program. I don't generally read Faces and Places or all the emails they send but I was cleaning out my email folder and stumbled on one talking about Ovations. End of last year, I went to a Wyndham resort and did the owners update. They talked about "Pathways" (first time I ever heard about that). I would have to buy more points to participate in Pathways and only those points would qualify.......and of course I had to buy today because the program would expire tomorrow - yada yada

So they'll probably put some kind of new twist to it and call it something else next week, year, whatever.

Never depend on sales weasels to honestly educate you on opt-out opportunities. Their mission in life is to convince you to buy more so they get their commission.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ovation is all or none, and existing reservations will be lost in the transfer. Have you considered using your reservations and then deeding back you contracts?

I did the Ovation process in March 2015. It was all-or-none, and I deeded back my resale points at the same time under what they call the Cap program. I got three years' credit for the developer points and nothing for the resale points.

I was instructed to cancel my existing 2015 reservation, which I did. But after completing the Ovation process, when I called them to get started on the three-year booking process, to my surprise they told me I could make a 2015 booking out of the developer portion of my former account's unused 2015 points. [Once you're in Ovation there's no online access, so I wouldn't have known this except for having called in.]

So I still have my three year credits intact. The first year in Ovation is use-it-or-lose-it (no banking and no borrowing). But even though my ownership year was on a calendar basis, the first use year for my Ovation credits runs to June 2016.

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
This program, and how RELATIVELY easy Wyndham seems to be making it for owners to get rid of their unwanted contracts, tells me one thing: the economy must be doing so well that plenty of suckers must be buying retail.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
This program, and how RELATIVELY easy Wyndham seems to be making it for owners to get rid of their unwanted contracts, tells me one thing: the economy must be doing so well that plenty of suckers must be buying retail.

It's a great business model, isn't it? Aquire deeds for basically $0, sell them for an average of ~$20,000 with talk (not guarantees) of some future, mediocre benefits.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Ovation will drive up re-sell prices

It's a great business model, isn't it? Aquire deeds for basically $0, sell them for an average of ~$20,000 with talk (not guarantees) of some future, mediocre benefits.

Also, it will drive up resell prices. If someone can give away their burden to Wyndham, there is no need to post an ad to give it away to another person.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Until all those poor soles can only go to their home resort who were dumb enough to think Wyndham would allow u to survive

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk