• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gold MGV 2 BR Sells For $11.50

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Interesting, they didn't even go this low at the bottom of the market. My guess is that it won't get through ROFR at that price. They couldn't inflate it enough with all the closing costs included in to make it past ROFR.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Interesting, they didn't even go this low at the bottom of the market. My guess is that it won't get through ROFR at that price. They couldn't inflate it enough with all the closing costs included in to make it past ROFR.

I agree - I hope a TUGger got it and will report on ROFR. Could be the steal of the year.

Best,

Greg

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree - I hope a TUGger got it and will report on ROFR. Could be the steal of the year.

Best,

Greg

I won one on ebay for $1,025 all in a few weeks ago and Marriott was quick to exercise and received notification in less than 5 days :bawl:

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Yeah, they will buy it for nothing, convert it to points, then sell it just like it was a 2 bedroom in Maui!

Cobra1950

Reaction score
Well, an expose by news media on the whole scam will certainly make swell reading for the Sunday newspaper editions, should a reporter be willing to do a bit of exercise on tracking the money trail:shrug:
We are like most TUG readers, caught in the cycle with nowhere to go except full write off which we will do when we are too old to use them.
For example, using one of the "Rent by Owner Sites" we have gotten into the habit of spending our brutally hot Gulf Coast summers at 5000+' elevation in a very cool (65 to 75 degree) resort for less than the annual Maintenance fee on a crappy Bronze Week per month:cheer:
I suspect that when we sell our now too large home (kids grown and gone) we will simply find several nice vacation places to rent from private owners and enjoy what seasonal weather we want for pennies on the Timeshare dollar.:ponder:

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
Well, an expose by news media on the whole scam will certainly make swell reading for the Sunday newspaper editions, should a reporter be willing to do a bit of exercise on tracking the money trail:shrug:
We are like most TUG readers, caught in the cycle with nowhere to go except full write off which we will do when we are too old to use them.
For example, using one of the "Rent by Owner Sites" we have gotten into the habit of spending our brutally hot Gulf Coast summers at 5000+' elevation in a very cool (65 to 75 degree) resort for less than the annual Maintenance fee on a crappy Bronze Week per month:cheer:
I suspect that when we sell our now too large home (kids grown and gone) we will simply find several nice vacation places to rent from private owners and enjoy what seasonal weather we want for pennies on the Timeshare dollar.:ponder:

I notice your profile states you own at Legends Edge. We will be visiting there for the first time in 2 weeks. Hoping to enjoy the property as well as catch-up with family and friends in the Fort Walton Beach/Niceville area. Any suggestions regarding the resort - Rooms, Views, Activities, Etc.?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I notice your profile states you own at Legends Edge. We will be visiting there for the first time in 2 weeks. Hoping to enjoy the property as well as catch-up with family and friends in the Fort Walton Beach/Niceville area. Any suggestions regarding the resort - Rooms, Views, Activities, Etc.?

Can't speak for Cobra1950, but we have visited Legends Edge. Have never stayed there though. We did a tour several years back when staying the Marriott hotel (which is now a Holiday Inn). The property is small, only two buildings. Both face the bay and overlook the pool. So there isn't a lot of choice when it comes to rooms or views. Perhaps just high floor. There was a third building constructed, but when sales were slow for this property, Marriott converted it over to a Grand Residence property.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

Does MARRIOTT pretty much ROFR everything these days?

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
No they don't ROFR everything. I bought an Aruba Surf Club last year and a Grande Ocean this year, both from brokers and they passed pretty quickly. The Title Company this year said the brokers try to price them so they will pass. Of course, I paid a lot more than $10, but I have no problem paying a fair price for something I really want.